over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question for DOGGCRAPP

TrueNutrition and Synthetek are great companies......i'd not use anybody else, personally.

I live in Cali, so I obviously use TrueNutrition.....they may be the best company i've ever dealt with on quality and customer service.

I wish somebody would bring down all these fraudulant supplement businesses.

It happens

FDA Takes Enforcement Action Against Three New Jersey Dietary Supplement and Protein Powder Manufacturers
Companies failed to declare allergens in products and correct filthy conditions
The U.S. Department of Justice, on behalf of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, has filed a complaint for permanent injunction against Quality Formulation Laboratories, Inc., American Sports Nutrition Inc., Sports Nutrition International LLC and Mohamed S. Desoky, who oversees operations at all three companies.

The companies, located in Paterson, N.J., manufacture dietary supplements and protein powders and distribute them throughout the United States. The companies also export powder mixes and dietary supplements for sale by private label customers.

The government's complaint, filed July 1, 2009 in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, alleges that the companies have failed to follow current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) by manufacturing and storing food under filthy conditions and in conditions that may cause major food allergens to enter into products not intended to contain them.

The complaint also alleges that the companies failed to disclose major food allergens on the product labels and have other labeling problems.

During a recent inspection, FDA investigators found that several of the companies’ products contained milk ingredients that were not declared on the product labels. In addition, the company failed to clean processing equipment between batches and control allergens in the facility.

FDA investigators also discovered live and dead rodents and rodent urine, feces and gnaw holes on bags of product.

In three inspections, FDA investigators noted deviations from GMP standards. The companies promised to make corrections, but they failed to do so. The complaint requests a court order to stop the companies and its officer from manufacturing and distributing the products until needed corrections are made.

“This company has consistently failed to correct filthy conditions in their plants and to make sure that allergens are appropriately declared on the labels, despite frequent warnings to do so,” said Michael Chappell, the FDA’s acting associate commissioner for regulatory affairs. “The FDA will not tolerate companies that fail to provide adequate safeguards.”
Consumers with allergies to milk ingredients who have used these products and are experiencing any symptoms should contact their health care professional.

Consumers can report problems with FDA-regulated products to their district office consumer complaint coordinator.

The problem is these guys shut down but they have a group of people, that move to another state or another town in the present state and start up business again under someone elses name......they do this repeatedly and every year you will see everyone and their brother touting this "100 percent whey protein" on the boards..and they get the damn thing into grocery stores too (amazing to me).....people raving about the price and the taste.....and then they get shut down somehow but they allready made their money....and the process repeats itself and they set up shop again elsewhere (using another one of the crews name)....these guys not only put out their own label every year but they end up making protein powders for a whole slew of retail companys....because their price cannot be beat. I have actually had a retail company come to me before to make them a product that they had quoted out by these shysters previously. I have alot of buying power...I know i can beat almost everyones price when we are comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. I cannot beat someones price when they are flat out scamming though. This guy showed us a quote from these scammers making his protein for
a) less than I could make it for him at cost (COST! NOT EVEN WITH A PROFIT! COST!)
b) the nutrient label didnt match the ingredient ratio at all.

We told him....cannot beat that and we highly recommend that he have that product tested as your reputation in this industry is everything and if he is found out to be a scammer....he will never recover from that. So you guys understand this im going to make it very basic
A 2 pound jug of protein
1) protein per pound costs this much
2) a jug, a top a seal costs this much
3) this guy was labeling the jugs himself so that cost wasnt there
4) flavoring costs this much per pound
5) labor (mixing, packing, sealing, boxing a companys proteins and sending it out to distribution points....alot done by machinery hoppers mixers etc).
6) lets use a hypothetical number and say I need to make 3 bucks a jug profit to make this viable for my company.

This company was beating my price with his profit (before my profit) on just the ingredients cost! So they arent paying their employees? And they are taking a loss on actually making this product? No....they were putting in dense heavy fructose (wow it tastes great!), (explains why the jug is half filled but still weighs 2 pounds and is dirt cheap), off spec protein among other things.

Another company got shut down a few months ago...the one that everyone on this board raved about one of their products (Karb products)...they also made up to 400 other retail companies products but i dont want to post that FDA report because in all honesty that guy that owns that company has been thru the ringer. (Death of his business partner, and other tragedies)..... I dont know him personally but people have not ever spoke ill of him previously so i hesitate to post that report.

Last edited:
I have noticed a lot of shady cheap proteins for sale at sams club. I think muscletech makes one. It says Whey isolate on the label but is only 20g protein per scoop. If you read the rest of the ingredients it says maltodextrin, fructose, creamer and it has quite a few carbs in it.

If I didn't know any better I would think, wow cheap Whey isolate!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ya I have noticed gaspari recently went to shit. myofusion used to be the only protein powder that didn't give me digestive issues out of all the isolates and blends I've tried. but they recently switched over to some probiotic crap version that is supposed to help it digest better however it just plugs me up now.

I placed my first order at truenutrition the other day for my own custom blend
50% cold filtered whey iso
35% micellar casein
15% hydro whey

Also bought some orange flavored peptopro to drink intra, really looking forward to seeing how these supps work for me, dante will have another loyal lifelong customer if they do.

I actually was placing identical orders on two different companies websites and went thru checkout with discount codes and shipping plugged in on both to see which would be cheaper, truenutrition was about $7-10 cheaper and I got to customize the protein which I could not do on the other company's website, they had a premix signature blend. So of course I just emptied my cart on the other website and clicked place order at truenutrition.

im a little worried about you liking the taste of the first one because of the mix and how you might have gotten it flavored....hydro whey adds a bitterness to a mix

The "DC Protein" is my all-time favorite....just flat out Whey Iso:)

I'm not real big into blends, though I know they may work for others. I can manipulate whey iso any way I want to, tbh.

In the past ive done 45% when isolate 45% micellar casing 10% bcaa.
This round I'm just doing cold filter when isolate heavy strawberry banana.

What about the protien at walmart? Six star and body fortress? I heard those were actually from muscle-tech so they should be gtg right? The price on those two is almost too good to be true.

look at the list of ingredients. see how their blend of what ever they call thier whey is like this....supersixstarmusclebuildingpussyspitingwhey( whey isolate, and whey concentrate)

ok so you think oh...its mostly isolate then some concentrate...right no when its in () it can be listing in any order and they don't specify the amount of each

so in short my friend if you are trying to compare a protein like this at what 9 bucks a lbs to DC's whey isolate at 9 bucks a pls there is a HUGE difference

Love the Skip blend...

Recently ordered the Pea Iso...based on what has been shared by Mack Truck. TN seems to always be on the cutting edge.

I use skip blend 90% of the time. It is really hard not to like; It mixes well, tastes good, and doesn't make me feel crappy like other protein shakes.
I like it with just about all of the premium natural flavors, usually alternate between chocolate, vanilla, and banana.

Skip's is my favorite from True Nutrition! Love that stuff

I'm probably going to get team skip blend next time because egg protein does sit well with my stomach and I would even switch from whey to the healthy n fit egg protein during precontest, so now that I know how great of a deal Truenutrition is I will use theirs.

I am not worried about the bitterness of the hydrowhey in the blend, I just chug a couple scoops post workout, don't care how it tastes as long as its quality. I have went through a five lb jug of optimum 100% whey strawberry that tasted like pepto bismuth, it would have to taste really horrible for me not to drink it. And that wouldn't dissuade me from trying different combos until I found a blend and flavor I did like.

As long as it's quality which I'm sure it is after hearing praise from other members and top coaches, I am sold and will be a repeat customer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131