over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for guy that use Berberine instead of metformin

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A good friend of mine wanted to try to use metformin for an offseason growing phase with 2iuHGH twice a daym , but he simply can't stomach the metformin.
Starting off with just 250mg after a big breakfast has his stomach tore up for 6-7 hrs after (diarrhea and gas) , he struggled through a week of that then tried taking it with dinner instead and had the same issues all night. He's tried the 500mg SR (extended release) and that didn't help either.

SOOO , the next option is berberine.
Would taking 500mg Berberine with each meal (3000mg/ED) work as well say 1500mg Metformin for keeping blood sugar low while eating a significant amount of carbs and the HGH

Next question is does Berberine have any negetives like reduced absorbtion of any Vitamin or minerals or anything like that??

I’ve read a study where they compared Berberine and Metformin and the berberine had very similar effects with the Metformin. The problem with Berberine is accurate dosage in the supplements and if it’s actually absorbable. I know there are 2 types of Berberine that are patent ingredient that are suppose to be superior in absorption glucovantage and super Berberine I believe I just don’t know much about them.

Interested to what people have to say

Tell him to not take either and just eat a smaller breakfast

I have been using berberine for a long time and it's a great supplement but in my opinion your friend uses far too high doses. The first thing would be to avoid berberine and any antioxidants such as vitamin c, e, ALA etc. in meals around training. Another thing I use berberine on training days only at night in a high dose (currently 1g) to reduce morning sugar and use gh. I can say as a curiosity that at 20iu generic gh in the morning I had sugar within 95-105 after the introduction of berberine for the night, my morning sugar dropped to 85-93

Another thing I would advise is not just berberine but a mix of 300mg ALA, 200-400mcg chromium and 250mg berberine with meals with lots of carbohydrates.

Just the other day I hear that berberine loses its effectiveness after 90 days and that metformin is far superior.

It's in one of those newer guru ameen vids with Leo

Just the other day I hear that berberine loses its effectiveness after 90 days and that metformin is far superior.

It's in one of those newer guru ameen vids with Leo

I heard that too. I'm not sure if I believe that. Those two guys are a trip.

A good friend of mine wanted to try to use metformin for an offseason growing phase with 2iuHGH twice a daym , but he simply can't stomach the metformin.
Starting off with just 250mg after a big breakfast has his stomach tore up for 6-7 hrs after (diarrhea and gas) , he struggled through a week of that then tried taking it with dinner instead and had the same issues all night. He's tried the 500mg SR (extended release) and that didn't help either.
Maybe he can try 500mg right before bed and see how that helps. Tell him not to break the tablet since that can accelerate its absorption and therefore the stomach pain.

SOOO , the next option is berberine.
Would taking 500mg Berberine with each meal (3000mg/ED) work as well say 1500mg Metformin for keeping blood sugar low while eating a significant amount of carbs and the HGH

Next question is does Berberine have any negetives like reduced absorbtion of any Vitamin or minerals or anything like that??
3gm is too much. Berberine has been known to cause stomach pain in some people (much smaller # than metformin though). My sister started using it for her pcos and 300mg had her practically on the floor. I felt really bad because I suggested she try berberine. Granted she has a very easily upset stomach. I can take 1.5gm a day with no problems but my stomach rarely gets upset in that way. Bloated from too much food sure lol.

Berberine can definitely interfere with some meds and I believe some vitamins and minerals. I forget the list though. I'd need to go back and check. My sister and I went through all the potential absorption issues since she uses several other medications. Doesn't interfere with her thyroid meds thankfully.

So, I'd say he can try introducing berberine 3x per day or maybe give metformin another shot right before bed. He could also try berberine earlier in the day and then metformin before bed since berberine can interfere with the absorption of metformin.

I can verify that Berberine loses effectiveness. I took it with great results for 3 months and then it ceased. Knock my bg down 15-20 points. I stopped it for a month and then reintroduce, still was ineffective

I can verify that Berberine loses effectiveness. I took it with great results for 3 months and then it ceased. Knock my bg down 15-20 points. I stopped it for a month and then reintroduce, still was ineffective
That's unusual from everything I've read, but I'm not an expert on it. It hasn't lost its effectiveness for myself, and I've used it over a year now.

I have always regarded Berberine as a 'utility player' that I'd bring on in certain situation or to remedy certain issues. My line of thinking is starting to shift more towards being an overall health product/staple. I am starting to see it in 'health' products that have multiple ingredients and I'm thinking it might be the intelligent thing to do rather than just a current trend.

I’ve used both metformin and berberine. Your friend should not exceed 1500mg. At 4iu he can probably gets way with 500mg am and another 500mg pm. Of course he needs to monitor BG to see what works for him. Berberine absolutely works for me. I also take Bioperine to help with absorption.

I actually had better success managing bg levels with berberine then metformin in the past. I did as the guy above said and did 500mg am and pm.

Berberine is superior IMO. Lots more benefits than just BG related stuff.
I honestly think Met is abused now. Lots of coaches I know just don't use it anymore. Stomach issues, an inability to get a pump, lowered IGF scores and too much AMPk stimulation. I was using 1.5g for 2 years and they were my least productive by far. I think 500mg maybe before bed on high carb days work, but anything more than that is excessive.

Bumping this for more people experienced with Berberine supplementation. I am starting to believe that this could possibly be regarded as a staple in many people's routines. 500-1000mg daily or 500mg 2-3x day depending on goals. I also cannot figure out if Dihydroberberine is legit or a marketing scheme.

Berberine is superior IMO. Lots more benefits than just BG related stuff.
I honestly think Met is abused now. Lots of coaches I know just don't use it anymore. Stomach issues, an inability to get a pump, lowered IGF scores and too much AMPk stimulation. I was using 1.5g for 2 years and they were my least productive by far. I think 500mg maybe before bed on high carb days work, but anything more than that is excessive.
So you were on AAS for those two years and you THINK metformin caused you to be less productive building muscle in those two years? Common bro 😥

someone explain to me the mechanism in which a product that reduces glucose in the blood reduces MUSCLE pump?

Personally, I do not see decreased IGF on Metformin when taking 4iu HGH/day... my dose MET is 500-1000mg/day... My blood sugar is always low on empty stomach.

Bumping this for more people experienced with Berberine supplementation. I am starting to believe that this could possibly be regarded as a staple in many people's routines. 500-1000mg daily or 500mg 2-3x day depending on goals. I also cannot figure out if Dihydroberberine is legit or a marketing scheme.
Dihydroberberine is a real thing but it's not at all clear if it's any more effective than regular berberine at glucose management. It's been observed in a couple of studies to be a better anti-inflamatory and slightly better at affecting our lipids. I haven't seen how much they're selling it for but I figured I'd try it if it would only be slightly more expensive than regular berberine.

Dihydroberberine is a real thing but it's not at all clear if it's any more effective than regular berberine at glucose management. It's been observed in a couple of studies to be a better anti-inflamatory and slightly better at affecting our lipids. I haven't seen how much they're selling it for but I figured I'd try it if it would only be slightly more expensive than regular berberine.
Are the studies done on humans or rats? They're doing a horrible job not making it look significant and something other than a cash grab.

Are the studies done on humans or rats? They're doing a horrible job not making it look significant and something other than a cash grab.
The handful I've come across were just rats or mice. Agreed, it seems they're mostly basing its potential effectiveness based on being a potentially more bio-available form of berberine. I'm still curious but not if they'll charge anything outlandish for it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131