over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for guys who do night-time cardio

kinglewy

Banned
Personaly I like fasted cardio first thing upon waking but I live in an up and down and my treadmill is a bit loud for 5 am and it shakes the floors a bit when I sprint on it doing a HIIT style. So out of respect for the people that live upstairs im thinking on doing my cardio right before bed.

My question is: Should you avoid eating afterwards and go to bed or is it ok to drink a shake and then go to bed? I wasn;t sure if maybe eating would negate the fat-burning effect because I like to have a casein and almond milk shake right before going to bed.

Thanks in advance!

I switch off between miss/hiit fasted and evening. I usually don't have much of an apetite immediately post cardio. By the time I wash up in the evening and take care of things it could be about an hour. I will have a protein shake with a healthy oil/fat. Sometimes I will also add berries and turn in.

It's perfectly fine to just go right to sleep after the cardio session the only things that really matters is that you've successfully hit your macros/caloric intake (depending on your goals ofc) at the end of the day.

I'd ovoid eating so you stay in fat burning , if you're doing HIIT you know it raises hgh levels and burns a lot of fat , if you eat a sugar or carb the body will switch from fat storage to those for fuel, id not eat for two hours after or just crash for the night

Personaly I like fasted cardio first thing upon waking but I live in an up and down and my treadmill is a bit loud for 5 am and it shakes the floors a bit when I sprint on it doing a HIIT style. So out of respect for the people that live upstairs im thinking on doing my cardio right before bed.

My question is: Should you avoid eating afterwards and go to bed or is it ok to drink a shake and then go to bed? I wasn;t sure if maybe eating would negate the fat-burning effect because I like to have a casein and almond milk shake right before going to bed.

Thanks in advance!

I think the ideal situation would be to allow for SOME amount of time after but I don't think it's going to ruin what you are doing if you eat after. The amount of calories you burn doing cardio is pretty insignificant unless you are really pushing the tempo and doing it for an extended period of time. Like a cyclist, or someone training for a half marathon... The benefits of cardio, especially HIIT are the afterburn effects, or EPOC. Your metabolism get's a boost even from steady state cardio, although it's not as long or as much.

I used to train at night and do my cardio afterwards. I would always have some protein and carbs afterwards. I don't feel that it hurt me in anyway.

It's perfectly fine to just go right to sleep after the cardio session the only things that really matters is that you've successfully hit your macros/caloric intake (depending on your goals ofc) at the end of the day.

I know I'm going to sound like a dick, but WTF are you talking about? That makes no damn sense at all... It would be pretty easy to hit your calories/macros in a few hours if you tried... I don't think that would do very much for your physique though... the machine requires fuel and building blocks to function man.

Nice job, dumbass... you got all 50 posts in 2 hours and 11 minutes - congratulations! Now I wonder which mod will ban you or delete a bunch of those worthless posts?

Thanks in advance!

Definitely have a shake in my opinion. Your body needs nutrients to heal while you sleep.

Thanks in advance!

a high quality pure miceller casein ( ensuring it doesn't have like 10 gm carbs and 3 gm fat per scoop which gives 23 gm of protein lol I have seen some like that , taste great but not ideal) and almond milk seems all fine IMO post cardio after u showered and ready to hit the bed. nothing wrong there mate.

Thanks in advance!

Just avoid carbs in your shake afterwards and you'll be golden

Do your cardio anytime you want unless it's pre training

Not if you're going to call it ignorant

Bro science ... Better?

You basically said cardio is useless for fat burning if you eat carbs after.. [emoji19]

Bro science ... Better?

You basically said cardio is useless for fat burning if you eat carbs after.. [emoji19]

Let's see, he is doing cardio for the purpose of fat loss. It's pretty common sense to avoid carbs after cardio when trying to lose fat when you don't take a person's genetics into consideration. Will it make a difference at the end of the day? Maybe not, but there's no reason to chance it since there is no benefit to eating carbs post cardio for fat loss. What works for YOU might not work for HIM. If you're going to start a debate, leave your ego out of it.

Last edited:
Let's see, he is doing cardio for the purpose of fat loss. It's pretty common sense to avoid carbs after cardio when trying to lose fat when you don't take a person's genetics into consideration. Will it make a difference at the end of the day? Maybe not, but there's no reason to chance it since there is no benefit to eating carbs post cardio for fat loss. What works for YOU might not work for HIM. If you're going to start a debate, leave your ego out of it.

No ego bro. do you know how people lose fat? Have you heard of calorie deficit? do you understand that cardio is basically for burning extra calories to put you deeper in calorie deficit?

Some things to think about. taking carbs after cardio will not hinder anything if you're in a calorie deficit. you will still burn fat and lose weight from fat if your protein intake is adequate

No ego bro. do you know how people lose fat? Have you heard of calorie deficit? do you understand that cardio is basically for burning extra calories to put you deeper in calorie deficit?

Some things to think about. taking carbs after cardio will not hinder anything if you're in a calorie deficit. you will still burn fat and lose weight from fat if your protein intake is adequate

Whatever you say. You came in here to start trouble and flex your ego. What you say isn't really wrong, but I didn't say anything wrong either. Go pick a fight with someone who cares.

Whatever you say. You came in here to start trouble and flex your ego. What you say isn't really wrong, but I didn't say anything wrong either. Go pick a fight with someone who cares.

no clue why you're butt hurt. I just can't see misinformed members and not reply..

Don't worry, Ill keep flexing though..

Like TriTerror said what you would want to take advantage of the after effects or EPOC, this raises the question as to what to eat after an evening cardio session. Would carbs or proteins effect that any more than the other? Thats the question...I know when I would do an am fasted cardio session I eat Protein+fats with no carbs, so it would make sense to do the same if were to do cardio at night. Take advantage of burning bodyfat instead of glycogen.

Do your cardio anytime you want unless it's pre training

I do an hour on the bike before legs and I actually have much better leg workouts. Yesterday I did 9 leg exercises, close to 50 sets after riding the bike. It really helps my bad knees and other areas of previous injury. Yesterday I felt like I could train forever since I took 2ius serostim with 8ius novalin R preworkout, plus my GHRP2, cjc no dac, BPC157. It felt like I was young again. :D

I do an hour on the bike before legs and I actually have much better leg workouts. Yesterday I did 9 leg exercises, close to 50 sets after riding the bike. It really helps my bad knees and other areas of previous injury. Yesterday I felt like I could train forever since I took 2ius serostim with 8ius novalin R preworkout, plus my GHRP2, cjc no dac, BPC157. It felt like I was young again. :D

& look at the physique you have. People need to understand there are many ways to get from A to B. 99% of us are never going to go pro or even compete at a national level on the NPC ciricut. People are way too caught up in thinking you have to do certain things exactly like studies show. Like you said, the cardio helps warm your knees and muscles up. If you can still train hard after doing cardio and it fits your schedule... Well, why not?!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131