over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for low fat diet guys

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you base your dietary fat intake on when building your diet??

I’ve sent guys just stick to the intrinsic fats from lean meat like chicken breast , 93% ground and leaner beef cuts with a couple whole eggs and their fat ends up in the 40-50g range (3000 cal diet)

then I’ve seen guys have very lean protein sources like just egg whites , cod , whey isolate and their total fat is in the 20g range which seems very low for keeping health in check. (3000 cal diet)

I’ve read a couple notes that say 20%-30% of daily calories should be from fats bu they all seem geared towards the average people , not bodybuilding or athletes

Come on bro
Bad day? Seems like a sensible question to me

I eat 3k calories. On low days its just the fat from chicken, maybe a tsp of fish oil or two, get about 25-30g

On off days from the gym (low carb, high protein, moderate fat) ill have 93% beef, fish, maybe some fish oil, maybe some eggs over my chicken, get 60-70g.

From what ive read if you average less than 35g day thats getting a little low. One guy who used to post here I think he got banned claimed to be huge and eat zero fat. I think he was pretty big and a decent body fat, not sure how healthy he was he also abused DHB. I also drink alot of almond milk so that has fat.

I run low fat year round. Maximum 60g off season @ roughly 7000 calories; then 30-40g during prep on about 4000 calories. I dont really base it on anything other than keeping protein sources lean (chicken breast mostly, egg whites in a meal or 2) and not adding any direct fats

Maybe i might grow better with more but its never been great for my digestion especially when trying to push the food. I run a lot of gear though. Last prep i was losing 3.5-4mls over 9 sites per week @ 4000 calories and 30g fat so low fat was great for dieting down.

Not sure if i could be growing better but im currently roughly 270lbs @ 5ft7 but again, lots of gear/gh/slin and calories in general which will be largely responsible for that number

I run low fat year round. Maximum 60g off season @ roughly 7000 calories; then 30-40g during prep on about 4000 calories. I dont really base it on anything other than keeping protein sources lean (chicken breast mostly, egg whites in a meal or 2) and not adding any direct fats

Maybe i might grow better with more but its never been great for my digestion especially when trying to push the food. I run a lot of gear though. Last prep i was losing 3.5-4mls over 9 sites per week @ 4000 calories and 30g fat so low fat was great for dieting down.

Not sure if i could be growing better but im currently roughly 270lbs @ 5ft7 but again, lots of gear/gh/slin and calories in general which will be largely responsible for that number
I have a very similar approach

So my diet is generally low on fats in so much as I rarely directly target fats in my intake. fats are incidental and primarily come from my protien sources with a small percentage coming from vegetable sources (I eat a lot of veg). For sanity rather than dietary reasons I aim not have the same protien source twice a day; I also prefer chicken thigh to breast - this means I do generally get a good range of fats even if the total number is lowish.

I should add I do not routinely track calories or macros, performance & QoL are my main driving factors over physique (nothing wrong with being physique focused it's just I'm ugly as sin anyways and suffer severe drops in mood below 10%) but from experience I know high fat doesn't suit me; I do not find it satiating, it supresses my mood and I quickly lose performance/endurance (I have a strong emotional relationship with my training so this may explain lower mood 😂).

I'm an amateur athlete with no hope (or aspirations) of being professional - I do this purely for the enjoyment and fun of being physically active and pushing my body - therefore the things I find boring (calorie counting, macro targets and restrictive diets) I disregard; I'm saying this as the way I approach diet may not be applicable to guys trying to get to very low levels of BF or working to set time scales for dietary reasons. When I need to lose chub I just do it slowly as I have no set time to be lean by

Bad day? Seems like a sensible question to me
His reaction is based on Gunsmith having been a member of this board since 2006 and claimed a body weight of 270 at one time IIRC. Some of his questions, like this one, are rudimentary and it comes across as odd.

His reaction is based on Gunsmith having been a member of this board since 2006 and claimed a body weight of 270 at one time IIRC. Some of his questions, like this one, are rudimentary and it comes across as odd.
Thank you lol

Mate is that possible to know some details?

-Like how many grams of gear your run?
-How much HGH daily?
-How much Insulin?
-Do you run hgh and insulin also on rest days?

I know that it's personal, but never heard any real numbers in my life, if not here, my country is behind in the bb scene.

What do you base your dietary fat intake on when building your diet??

I’ve sent guys just stick to the intrinsic fats from lean meat like chicken breast , 93% ground and leaner beef cuts with a couple whole eggs and their fat ends up in the 40-50g range (3000 cal diet)

then I’ve seen guys have very lean protein sources like just egg whites , cod , whey isolate and their total fat is in the 20g range which seems very low for keeping health in check. (3000 cal diet)

I’ve read a couple notes that say 20%-30% of daily calories should be from fats bu they all seem geared towards the average people , not bodybuilding or athletes

My goal currently is to slowly lose body fat and gain my scale. I take in protein and fat first two meals

Example. First in meal two eggs ,cup of egg whites, scrambled, blk in pepper, sodium and potassium salt. Small amount of shredded cheddar cheese with eggs, say 10 grams.

Next meal two cans tuna salad..say 55 g protein, 10-15 carbs from dill relish. 15 g fat from one egg and mayo..season as desired taste.

Next is pre resistance exercise meal. Two eggs , cup eggwhites scrambled on two pieces of wheat toast. 35 g protein , 25 carbs, 10 g fat

Then resistance exercise. During and or after you want fat low. Carbs moderate to higher, depending on getting ready for a show or not or leaning out or not , and of course protein.

Before bed something I'll do low fat, high protein and low carbs. Sometimes I'll add in more fat to keep me stomach full. Fiber throughout the day as well, esp toward then end.

Basically diet is sysmous with body. Blood glucose levels have to be in good range for this to work.

Man, respect to all you low fat guys. If I had my choice I would never eat another carbohydrate ever! I love fats.

I feel like shit doing the trace carb thing.

The only time I do that is when I’m on DNp and PSMF for 7-10 days.

Salmon, eggs, top round, I’ll add 5-7g per meal if it’s lean. Like 2 tablespoons avocado with my chicken boob, or 1 tablespoon nut butter into a shake, and then the 5 caps fishoil 2x per day. On a 2,800-3000 calorie maintenance diet, I clock in at 80-90g or so.

Honestly I don’t think too much about it, when I want to get really lean, everything has to come down to fucking ballerina calories so it’s low carb low fat with my fat genetics.

My body..Squat 600, pull 600 at 221lbs? Sure no problem buddy! Get to 10% bodyfat this summer??….LOLZ you drunk.

Mate is that possible to know some details?

-Like how many grams of gear your run?
-How much HGH daily?
-How much Insulin?
-Do you run hgh and insulin also on rest days?

I know that it's personal, but never heard any real numbers in my life, if not here, my country is behind in the bb scene.
It's not relevant. Run as much as you need to achieve the goals you need to achieve while risking your health as much as you're willing to risk it. Therefore my numbers mean nothing because you are a different person at a different level of development with different goals

I feel like shit doing the trace carb thing.

The only time I do that is when I’m on DNp and PSMF for 7-10 days.

Salmon, eggs, top round, I’ll add 5-7g per meal if it’s lean. Like 2 tablespoons avocado with my chicken boob, or 1 tablespoon nut butter into a shake, and then the 5 caps fishoil 2x per day. On a 2,800-3000 calorie maintenance diet, I clock in at 80-90g or so.

Honestly I don’t think too much about it, when I want to get really lean, everything has to come down to fucking ballerina calories so it’s low carb low fat with my fat genetics.

My body..Squat 600, pull 600 at 221lbs? Sure no problem buddy! Get to 10% bodyfat this summer??….LOLZ you drunk.
it's better for your health not to know its doses lol

It's not relevant. Run as much as you need to achieve the goals you need to achieve while risking your health as much as you're willing to risk it. Therefore my numbers mean nothing because you are a different person at a different level of development with different goals
It was just to have an idea.... but i understand! :cool:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner