over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for Mens Physique Competitors, coaches and Judges

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So say you choose to compete in MPD. You're a bit older and with thinning hair. Do you keep it neat, go for the #1 buzz cut to get it real close or would it just be better to go for the full rip (shaven and shiny)? Just looking for opinions of those familiar with these shows.

Lol. I've actually thought same thing.. I could let it grow and do a semi spike. Haha

Now up in Canada. I've seen a guy super shiny.
You can only deal with what you're given in my eyes. Compete.. Bald.. Bushy or a beard. Is what it is

Infact guy I know. Allmax Trevor Ryan didn't get his procard and the judge said because of his beard.... Next show he got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand you need to look as gay as possible, so it would have to be some sort of longer hair?

thanks guys. Problem here: half bald. Every day is a bad hair day so I'm thinking, 'screw it', just shave it all off.

As for the gay factor. Yeah, can't argue that completely. Seems some shows are better than others. I've seen some that don't seem all femmed down. However, I've seen other footage that was pretty bad.

Just need some competitive goal now. Coming back from a pretty bad skiing accident where I destroyed my left knee.

Also just hit me
My buddy told me in Europe it's uber gay. They actually wear makeup. Lipstick. On the pro show he just did.
Said there's limits and he was good withou lol

bunch of bullshit :rolleyes:

maybe he competed in a tranny contest

Also just hit me
My buddy told me in Europe it's uber gay. They actually wear makeup. Lipstick. On the pro show he just did.
Said there's limits and he was good withou lol

Well, I can tell you this. I will compete. I'm not doing Female Modeling poses and I'm sure as hell not wearing any make up. If that means I place dead last so be it. I hope like hell the NPC/IFBB don't let this get too Femmed down. MPD is on a roll right now and could really breath new life into the sport. They will phuck it up completely if they take that direction.

LOL at "tranny contest"

Lol. I've actually thought same thing.. I could let it grow and do a semi spike. Haha

Now up in Canada. I've seen a guy super shiny.
You can only deal with what you're given in my eyes. Compete.. Bald.. Bushy or a beard. Is what it is

Infact guy I know. Allmax Trevor Ryan didn't get his procard and the judge said because of his beard.... Next show he got it.

Are you kidding me? He didn't get the pro card because of his beard? Lol what is it a beauty pagnent? Does the color of your trunks matter? What how how white your teeth are? makeup to look prettier and Plucking eye brows will be here soon don't worry

Last edited:
How sad to hear. Will they ever do a classic BB physique type class, so people can be judged on their physique alone but not have to resort to mass monster status?

How sad to hear. Will they ever do a classic BB physique type class, so people can be judged on their physique alone but not have to resort to mass monster status?

That was what Mens physique was supposed to accomplish. It probabably can still accomplish it too as long as they dont trend the wrong way.

Steve,

I think you should compete.
It sounds like you need "a goal" to re-motivate you.

Regardless of all the hate MPD takes, the competitors still have to get
their BF levels very low, have good shape and good muscularity.

I've judged several competitors who shave their head.
It's very common these days. Plus you will look younger if it's
shaved as opposed to thinning.

The poses are pre-determined so no worries on that and I have
never seen any MPD dudes wearing makeup.

A shaved head will not be viewed as distracting.
A beard will, even at a local NPC show.

Good luck and remember......it's all about doing the best with what you have.

-MT

Well, I can tell you this. I will compete. I'm not doing Female Modeling poses and I'm sure as hell not wearing any make up. If that means I place dead last so be it. I hope like hell the NPC/IFBB don't let this get too Femmed down. MPD is on a roll right now and could really breath new life into the sport. They will phuck it up completely if they take that direction.

LOL at "tranny contest"

you gotta get in where ya fit in man. hell, at my last show a lot of the competitors (hence competitors...MP, BB) didn't even tan their faces just used makeup!

i'm a MP competitor and i dont get all extreme with it. i dont whiten my teeth, do a little twirl, etc. they want to see a front pose and a back pose (at least for most of the shows i've done) so just flex your shit and be a bad ass out there.

and yes its hard ass work. i always diet for 16 weeks nice and slow to get peeled. but in the end i do it because i am ultra competitive and love the journey from day one to stepping on stage.

From what I understand you need to look as gay as possible, so it would have to be some sort of longer hair?

You are bad...keep up the good work. :D

I was out of the sport for many years (still lifted) and when I came back and saw MP I thought "what a bunch of girly men pansies...."

However, I have become more tolerant. I am even prepping a quy for a MP show. Had another but he went to jail. This kid has pro genetics, gained 25 lbs on his first test only cycle.

The problem was his legs. They not only had the stereotypical African American challenge (no calves) but he had huge cankles, weak hams, no thigh sweep.

The other kid I am prepping does not have good genetics overall. I will bring him in conditioned that should cover flaws.

This kid is a regional manager of personal trainers for a huge chain, and a MP title will help him earn more money.

He trains hard, disciplines his diet and gear use and should do well.

I still give him sh&t, ask him how his mangina is doing. I send him this clip every now and then: Old Gregg Full Version

Steve,

I think you should compete.
It sounds like you need "a goal" to re-motivate you.

Regardless of all the hate MPD takes, the competitors still have to get
their BF levels very low, have good shape and good muscularity.

I've judged several competitors who shave their head.
It's very common these days. Plus you will look younger if it's
shaved as opposed to thinning.

The poses are pre-determined so no worries on that and I have
never seen any MPD dudes wearing makeup.

A shaved head will not be viewed as distracting.
A beard will, even at a local NPC show.

Good luck and remember......it's all about doing the best with what you have.

-MT

Why on earth is a beard distracting? Men grow beards...i don't see how something so normal could be distracting. And since we're talking about looks, some guys actually look much better with beards like lazar angelov or sergi constance.

Idk this whole thing of looks effecting your placing seems so odd lol

Its funny when people make fun of Male physique. A lot of the physique guys would beat the haters in any bodybuilding show.

Look as gay as possible. What does that even mean? People are so uneducated and close minded its so sad.

Has anyone looked at big shows? The physique guys out condition every bodybuilder.

Last edited:
Its funny when people make fun of Male physique. A lot of the physique guys would beat the haters in any bodybuilding show.

Look as gay as possible. What does that even mean? People are so uneducated and close minded its so sad.

Has anyone looked at big shows? The physique guys out condition every bodybuilder.

Lol...go take a look at the 68th IFBB worlds contest which is going to be held in brasil(it's comming up in a few days) then comeback tell me which MP guy "out conditions" any of the BBers.

Last edited:

:banghead:
physique judges substract points when youre too dry and conditioned

just sayin :rolleyes:

I'm 44 and compete in MPD and also have thinning hair... last show I had a military type cut... pretty basic... However, I have this pump and a jar of Xfusion Keratin Hair Fibers..... lemme tell you, the shit works...I almost tried it last show but was worried if I started sweating profusely it would have dripped.... sweat was not an issue so next show im definitely using it.... Now I believe if you have REALLY thinning hair or big bald spots a product like this can't be used..... but if someone is KINDA thinning it works miracles.

Great former bodybuilder for sure, but what are your eyes
drawn to first?

I usually grow a beard every year or so, so I have nothing against beards.
And I do think some guys look great with beards.

But in a contest setting, you want all the judges eyes to be focused 100%
on your physique, with no distractions.

That's why no (or very few) competitors keep their beards.

-MT

Attachments

• jason huh.jpg
    jason huh.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,069

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views