over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for realy heavy deadlifters

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm hearing a guy talk shit on another forum and spouts off this routine that he does for deadlifts and to me it just sounds impossible unless your are in the 8-900lb deadlifting class.
he is a big dude 6'2" , 300-320lbs BF% in the upper teens lows 20's , but his legs just dont have the size in my oppinion for this type of workout , i would thinks you would have hamstrings that make Ronnie Colmans look small.

anyway , here is the routine.

Just a suggestion try doing this with stiff legged deads. The weight never hits the floor. You can call me a puss if ya want but straps are neccasary on the higher weight when you are not resting the weight on the floor between each rep. here's my routine 225 for 20 no straps
315 for 20 no straps
405 for 15 with straps
495 for 10 with straps
585 for 6-8 with straps
Just remember to keep your back arched and go as low as possible. Take's your legs right out of the movment and focuses entirely on the spinal erectors.

what do you guys think , are their any pros that could do such a routine or hell even world class power lifters?

I've seen a small guy use up his time in the rack with a TON of weight. I am curious about the high weight for that amount of reps. However, spot BIGKIWI for 405 behind the neck pushes and you might feel small.:eek:

that's not that's crazy of a routine for a guy that does deads on a regular basis. when I was more into powerlifting style of g out I did the same style routine but I stopped at 500 for 10 and maybe 550 for 3. and I'm only around 250 when I was doing that my heaviest was 635. and u said can the pros even do this workout lol. have u ever seen what Ronnie colomen used to do? he could still dead 800 for 3 reps 3 or so weeks out form the Olympia. jay cutler does barbell rows with 405 sometimes more. and jonnie Jackson is another one that could easily do that workout. just my opinion, also look at some of shelbys WOrkouts from here I bet he could easily do that routine and he's only around 230 I belive props to u Shelby!!

oh im not doubting that the weights can be done , i may even be able to do that workout up the 585 for 6-8 non stop , what i'm not buying is that these are strait legged deadlift and the weight never touches the floor!!

i trained with powerlifters many years ago and they never did dead stops off the floor in between reps only touch and go. stiffleged were done off a 4 inch box and the weights never touched the floor on these. the above workout you listed is very feasable to me and truthfully i'm not that impressed for his bodyweight.

I could do that and I'm not a huge puller. I pull in the mid 700's at 242 and don't look like I can either. Long and lanky with a gifted back.

I could do that and I'm not a huge puller. I pull in the mid 700's at 242 and don't look like I can either. Long and lanky with a gifted back.

That's pretty good pulling bro! I would be happy with a 700 pull

Google Gary Heisy and Doyle Kenady. Both pulled over 900.
GH did it in about 87(925) he was really tall and lanky.
Powerlifting and bbing are 2 different sports. Some things apply to both and many don't.Look at Kenady this will really make you understand.
Thanks, turbo.

I can stiff leg 405 for 10 easy reps but can only pull it using it using my legs for 6 and I have pretty good wheels..I find that would be pretty easy for a guy at his weight with years under his belt.

thats a quite normal routine for a regular deadlifter. i think deadlifts are strongly influenced by your natural genetic structure. i love deadlifting and always was strong at it. i naturally have a thick waist, am short and have long arms. i believe this plays a major factor on the amount i can do even

oh im not doubting that the weights can be done , i may even be able to do that workout up the 585 for 6-8 non stop , what i'm not buying is that these are strait legged deadlift and the weight never touches the floor!!

I would be more skeptical if he did touch the floor between reps. Many/most can do a shitload more without touching the floor/not resting the weight between reps. Plus starting by picking up the weight from a rack. Getting the weight moving taxes me a lot at least. For example, I can rep my floor max maybe 6 times if I pick it up from a rack and don't rest the bar between reps.

As far as good conventional stance deadlifters, the best don't usually have big legs, are tall as well, so this guy fits the profile.

Like always you have to see the execution to say how impressive the feat is. I mean even if he does do these weights, what does it look like?

I would be more skeptical if he did touch the floor between reps. Many/most can do a shitload more without touching the floor/not resting the weight between reps. Plus starting by picking up the weight from a rack. Getting the weight moving taxes me a lot at least. For example, I can rep my floor max maybe 6 times if I pick it up from a rack and don't rest the bar between reps.

As far as good conventional stance deadlifters, the best don't usually have big legs, are tall as well, so this guy fits the profile.

Like always you have to see the execution to say how impressive the feat is. I mean even if he does do these weights, what does it look like?

generally i would agree with the part in bold, i however am the complete opposite. i touch the floor on every rep with a small pause (1 sec or less). i have always deadlifted this way. i never wear a belt when i deadlift and thankfully have never had a back injury. i feel that if i don't touch the floor it puts extra stress on my back. maybe i am just an oddball :headbang:

I think a lot of posters are missing this point

Yeah, I'm not really buying straight leg deads this way... I'm definitely not a badass at deads but can pull some decent weight for my size but stiff legged? That sounds a little far fetched in my novice opinion.

I think it's possible, but...

His weights might be a bit exadurated

I personally, before I went into surgery, did very heavy stiff legged deads , lower the weight to about 2-3 inches above the floor.

I have done 405 for 20, 495 for 10.

So honestly, if I could do it I'm sure anyone here could do it, if not more.

I pulled 675 @ 198 and 23 years old. I would do reps with 500 stiff legs (when I did them) If he is a more dominent low back puller like I am stiff legs arent much more difficult than a regular pull. And as far as not touching the floor; pulling it off the floor could be the weak point of his pull so it maybe easier for him not to. The weight he is moving for how much he weighs is not impressive from a powerlifting stand point.

Sounds legit to me especially for his size. I used to do stiff leg deads with 405 lbs for about 10 reps no problem and I weighed about 230 lbs at the time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131