over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for the big guys

Don't confuse 40 to 50lb gain from eating garbage is not the same as
40 to 50lb off eating clean off season.one will make u a fat ass the other one will make u a big monsta.that much weight gain from eating garbage is not going to put on the muscle u looking for.what good is it to see the scale go up when your mid section is competing with the scale to see which one can up faster

Last edited:
I've gone up to 260 since last show and will be 220-225 for the next one.

ive gone up to 300lbs maybe a hair over, i was big and fat and had to walk sideways through doors, lol! ill never do that again!

ive held abotu 280 with an abb outline but still way fatter then i am comfortable with now.

these days i stay small and leanish, honestly i never thought i would be considered lean or ripped but do get comments like that staying between 220 and 250ish.

the past 3 years i have not used anything more then 300mg test a week and hit what was a personal best for me in late october of 230 around 6-8% bf. it was hard to hold that type of condition with such little drugs but doable wich made me happy. life got in the way a bit and was out of the gym for a little while and just getting back now. once i dial in my diet and training ill be back in that neighborhood. i havent stepped on a scale in months but wont until im happier with how i look, each time i come back i am better then before, but im not far away form that, maybe another 10lbs of recomp.

i was fat for most of my life when i was younger and i like being lean and smaller now. i am sure being big and fat helps me hold onto more muscle now, really what i feel im doing is trying to get diet and training right to bring back the muscle that i was able to hold on much more aas. i have nevr used GH or slin, but with peptides i gain abotu 10lbs in 2-4 weeks. if i were to run a real cycle id be in the 240-250 range by the end.

i am not big at all by bb standards, in order to make competing worth it i feel i would really have to be on stage around 270, i just cant justifythe amount of gear i would need to get there, not like id be going pro or getting paid more doing this then other thigns pay me. just workign to find a happy balance.:D

Thanks for starting this thread as this is something I constantly wonder about as well. You get people saying that you won't get big unless you eat big and are willing to get a little fat.

Ideal for those who rip up quickly.

Then others that say staying lean and slowly adding size is the way to go because too much fat will hinder muscle growth.

Better for those with slower metabolism. They can actually gain on a lot less calories than the other body types.

after the initial weight gain post contest. what what would be the ideal weight gain per week? 1lb a week? I'm going to try a heavy clean bulk after my show for about 8-10 months to see what kind of solid gains I can get before I diet down again.

Well I dont consider myself big, but I fit your definition because in my avi I'm about 212 am stage weight @ 5'8" (used ALex A for that contest). When I returned to lifting and gear after a long hiatus I was fat, and when I did a bulking cycle just got fatter and bigger. When I hit 290 I said fuck it lets see if I can get 300 and hit 301 or 302. I was eating McD's 2 x day, and a shit load. Well I dieted down (on my own) to 203 over 21 weeks once i lost some water. Lucky for me my skin was still very thin. Never again will I let myself get that high. The next few times I dieted down my weight was in low 250s to low 260s. I really dont like how I feel over 250, and low 240s or less is a good weight but I let my eating get out of hand at times. I hoping to be close to 220 this year on stage (using Shelby this time) and sitting in mid 240s now.

Here is my other before and after pics.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/67802-291-203-21-weeks.html

If you read old Dan Duchaine stuff he talks about some people being about to get weight real high and diet down and still keeping good vascularity and thin skin. Ive seen others up close and personal who still have enough skin when dropping 60+ lbs that it could be cut off with a pair of scissors.

I just got lucky.

Killer transformation RED, I have not seen those photos of you just as the red devil.lol

I'm a lean gainer (not by choice). I eat anything and everything.
I'm one that if I'm getting up to 10% at least I know I'm eating enough.

I'm up only 23lbs in 4 mnths, Still missing 10lbs from last bulker which I figure must be dose dependant since I'm only playing with half the mgs. and no slin.
No matter, the extra 10lbs is just that and convert closer to 240 by the end of every summer anyhow!

Well I dont consider myself big, but I fit your definition because in my avi I'm about 212 am stage weight @ 5'8" (used ALex A for that contest). When I returned to lifting and gear after a long hiatus I was fat, and when I did a bulking cycle just got fatter and bigger. When I hit 290 I said fuck it lets see if I can get 300 and hit 301 or 302. I was eating McD's 2 x day, and a shit load. Well I dieted down (on my own) to 203 over 21 weeks once i lost some water. Lucky for me my skin was still very thin. Never again will I let myself get that high. The next few times I dieted down my weight was in low 250s to low 260s. I really dont like how I feel over 250, and low 240s or less is a good weight but I let my eating get out of hand at times. I hoping to be close to 220 this year on stage (using Shelby this time) and sitting in mid 240s now.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/67802-291-203-21-weeks.html

If you read old Dan Duchaine stuff he talks about some people being about to get weight real high and diet down and still keeping good vascularity and thin skin. Ive seen others up close and personal who still have enough skin when dropping 60+ lbs that it could be cut off with a pair of scissors.

I just got lucky.

youre freakin lucky!

I have more stretch marks then a Lamaze class, skin tightness on stomach and arms is completely blown.

So it seems that most guys that have achieved a 210+ lean physique have seen scale weights of 240-250 at some point. Is this a fair statement? I'm sure there also are some genetically gifted guys that stayed lean and just added mass.

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I am starting to think that I will push my weight a little further next winter.

So it seems that most guys that have achieved a 210+ lean physique have seen scale weights of 240-250 at some point. Is this a fair statement? I'm sure there also are some genetically gifted guys that stayed lean and just added mass.

Thanks for all of the responses guys. I am starting to think that I will push my weight a little further next winter.

I think John Meadows keeps his off season weight fairly close 15-20lbs of contest weight IIRC and he competes as a heavy and last year super I believe. Not sure if he has always kept it that close though.

Don't confuse 40 to 50lb gain from eating garbage is not the same as
40 to 50lb off eating clean off season.one will make u a fat ass the other one will make u a big monsta.that much weight gain from eating garbage is not going to put on the muscle u looking for.what good is it to see the scale go up when your mid section is competing with the scale to see which one can up faster

I was talking about muscle gain as well. If I got too much over 240lbs, I feel like shit, muscle or otherwise. I just cant carry that much weight around and feel well. I try to stay between 220-240

I think John Meadows keeps his off season weight fairly close 15-20lbs of contest weight IIRC and he competes as a heavy and last year super I believe. Not sure if he has always kept it that close though.

Yeah, plan B is to just hire John. Then all I'd need to think about was training, eating, and sleeping.

Most of the guys on here are bigger then me, but here goes. 50lbs is not that much to gain offseason. In the upper weight classes, some guys put on 25-30lbs in the first week alone. One of the guys I help out went up to 240 and will compete at 185, and was far from fat in the off season.

so you prefer to bulk past your goal weight, then cut down? now why does everyone say get lean first then lol?!

I wish I could put on that kind of size!

I just got lucky.

so you prefer to bulk past your goal weight, then cut down? now why does everyone say get lean first then lol?!

This is the main question. You hear both sides of the argument. Getting lean and building slowly seems to make a lot sense. However, I'm not sure that many truly big guys have gotten to where they are with that approach.

From this thread it seems like most overshoot by 40+ lbs and then cut. Personally I'm usually 10-15lbs over before I start my summer cut. One of things I'm trying to figure out is if I'm holding myself back by not putting on more weight.

I am much smaller than most guys here -- currently 198lb @ approx 14% bf. I still look lean in clothes, but ab definition is mostly gone. If I pushed for another 10lbs I wonder much would be lean mass. I'm on a low dose of test /mast / tren and so far like the results.

This is the main question. You hear both sides of the argument. Getting lean and building slowly seems to make a lot sense. However, I'm not sure that many truly big guys have gotten to where they are with that approach.

From this thread it seems like most overshoot by 40+ lbs and then cut. Personally I'm usually 10-15lbs over before I start my summer cut. One of things I'm trying to figure out is if I'm holding myself back by not putting on more weight.

I am much smaller than most guys here -- currently 198lb @ approx 14% bf. I still look lean in clothes, but ab definition is mostly gone. If I pushed for another 10lbs I wonder much would be lean mass. I'm on a low dose of test /mast / tren and so far like the results.

I fit your definition but no where near my own. At 215 with a full 6 pack even relaxed its still mostly there. Have a very long way to go still but from 155 2.5 years ago. Never gotten to the point where I don't have a 6 pack. Just don't like gaining fat. To be fair that was anorexic thin and I had previously been 185-190 for many years so going from 155-190 it was bringing back old muscle but I still did it slow not wanting to gain too much fat in the process.

So I take the slip process but also wonder how much I hold myself back and if I could be bigger by now if id do things differently.

I fit your definition but no where near my own. At 215 with a full 6 pack even relaxed its still mostly there. Have a very long way to go still but from 155 2.5 years ago. Never gotten to the point where I don't have a 6 pack. Just don't like gaining fat. To be fair that was anorexic thin and I had previously been 185-190 for many years so going from 155-190 it was bringing back old muscle but I still did it slow not wanting to gain too much fat in the process.

So I take the slip process but also wonder how much I hold myself back and if I could be bigger by now if id do things differently.

If you are gaining 7 to 10 lbs of lean muscle each year, you are gaining as much muscle as most of the guys who bulk up huge and diet back down.

Here's a question. How big do you want to be. How tall are you

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Last competition I weighed in at 230lbs.
I decided to do a bulk. I increased calories (clean) and increased test dosage.
Seemed I could not eat enuff clean calories so also began to eat dirty as well.
Tried to get to 300lbs but only got to 297 at 19% bf. That's the heaviest I've ever been also the strongest. Was able to rep 405lb on incline and bench press 500lbs flat bench.
Currently in precontest mode and weighing 262lbs after 8wks.
7wks left and looking to lose more weight but do not have a set #.
I planned on going big on my bulk so am not worried about the time or work it will take to bring my best package on stage. I think its odd that ppl complain about all the work it takes to lose the weight and their clothes. I've got 2 sets of clothes, offseason and dialed in.
My experience.... I look a lot larger than I have ever been at my current weight. Competing is about the illusion of being the biggest, best on stage. Weight is just a tool to assist us to get there. I got the max out of eating big and increasing dosage. If I'm 230lb on stage I guarantee it'll look a lot bigger than last competition.

Grow Dammit,
SLB

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner