over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for the Boxing Fans...Tommy Morrison's Potential and Demise

lookslikesausage

Registered
Was watching some Youtubes on Tommy Morrison. Got me wondering a few things.

How much farther could he have gone had he not contracted HIV? Some say he hit his ceiling, other say he was still young enough to improve. His chin was weak, that much is known and that's very hard to improve in that sport. Only defense can be improved and by the time you're a pro for years like Morrison was it's not often that a guy can make drastic improvements in defense (or so i've been told) but maybe some here have more insight.

Also, statistically speaking, it's HIGHLY unlikely that heterosexual sex would lead to a male getting HIV, so i have to wonder how he got it. I don't think it's in good taste to speak ill of the deceased but he was known to be a womanizer so it's a bit of a question mark. Never heard anything about him being into heroin or being gay. Sad story how his life ended and his "comeback".

I don't remember enough to speculate but I did see his ESPN documentary a couple of years ago and wow, was it compelling

Was watching some Youtubes on Tommy Morrison. Got me wondering a few things.

How much farther could he have gone had he not contracted HIV? Some say he hit his ceiling, other say he was still young enough to improve. His chin was weak, that much is known and that's very hard to improve in that sport. Only defense can be improved and by the time you're a pro for years like Morrison was it's not often that a guy can make drastic improvements in defense (or so i've been told) but maybe some here have more insight.

Also, statistically speaking, it's HIGHLY unlikely that heterosexual sex would lead to a male getting HIV, so i have to wonder how he got it. I don't think it's in good taste to speak ill of the deceased but he was known to be a womanizer so it's a bit of a question mark. Never heard anything about him being into heroin or being gay. Sad story how his life ended and his "comeback".
From what I read he would use Caverject and have unprotected sex.

From what I know he had a false positive for HIV. He got tested several times around 2005-07 I believe and all came back negative. He was a bad man no doubt

He was a world champion, I think he would have kept rising had he not had so many drug and health issues.
I know you say his chin is suspect, but it is heavyweight boxing, even Tyson has been knocked out.
I don’t think he would be HOF material but definitely one of the best heavyweights of the 90s

Coincidentally, my son and I watched his bout with George Foreman a few days ago. He looked quite a bit like a bodybuilder except for a more blocky waist.

He was a white boxer and a HW no less, so w that came more hype than substance in my opinion. Was he skilled, yes most definitely. Was he great, no. Maybe like grizzly said, had he taken another path and kept his head on straight, things would have been different.

He was a solid boxer but his story is a soap opera. HIV positive to HIV negative under supervised testing. Even people with undetectable viral loads will still test positive because the test reveals antibodies. Then there was his legal troubles. He just couldn't keep himself out of trouble. Sad story in the end.

He had body dysmorphia issues too; got pec implants towards the later end of his career

He was a solid boxer but his story is a soap opera. HIV positive to HIV negative under supervised testing. Even people with undetectable viral loads will still test positive because the test reveals antibodies. Then there was his legal troubles. He just couldn't keep himself out of trouble. Sad story in the end.

What the hell was up with the HIV thing? His mother claimed he had full blown AIDS shortly before his death. But he tested negative multiple times.

He was the real deal. Left hook was an incredible punch. He could have been a mainstay at the top of the rankings if he wasnt an addict. Its a sad story.

NO way he got HIV from heterosexual sex, it is very difficult. He would have to have a cut on his penis and still its low. Could have been BI or drug use, interesting though that people say he later tested negative, so it was a false positive? how did it even get out, did he tell people who told the media or did he announce it?

NO way he got HIV from heterosexual sex, it is very difficult. He would have to have a cut on his penis and still its low. Could have been BI or drug use, interesting though that people say he later tested negative, so it was a false positive? how did it even get out, did he tell people who told the media or did he announce it?

In 1996, after testing positive, NSAC banned him.

Interesting story here! Guy saying that Tommy told him he got AIDS from a stripper he was screwing and that she had a gay boyfriend that gave it to her. He didn't know she had it and had unprotected sex with her when she was having her period. I suppose that could to it if he had a small abrasion or cut somewhere on his member.

"“Here’s the deal; Tommy had a big tool,” Glazer continues. “I know, because he used to run into those adult stores and get lube or whatever, and I said, ‘Why do you get that?’ And he said, ‘Because I have a big one and I like to stick it into (the back door).”

Just curious, in the history of boxing since HIV and/or AIDS has been around (give or take 40 yrs), has any other boxer claimed they had a boxing license suspended due to a false positive?

Off topic, but I met the guy when I was like 10.

That is all lol

Tommy Morrison supposedly banged multiple women a day and was a heavy drug user \partier so I believe that you could definitely get aids that way and I think his lifestyle was his true downfall. Had he been more focused he likely could have been better how much is hard to say as the era was amazing with how stacked it was

i'm more inclined to believe that he did die of AIDS-related complications due what was listed as his official cause of death (bacterial infection) and, well, hate to say it, but he had the telltale signs of an AIDS sufferer. Supposedly, the last women he was with brainwashed him into believing that he did not have the virus and that the virus wasn't real and that it was a govt. conspiracy.

The fiasco with the commission was probably just that. They tried to cover their tracks after it came it out that he was first diagnosed in '89 and rumor has it that the commission knew but Tommy was hot and they wanted him fighting i'm sure and raking in the money. Remember, that he was fighting in sanctioned events well into the mid 90's. They probably tried to claim they never had him test positive so that people couldn't come back and say, "wtf, why did you let him compete if you knew he was positive?". The amount of lawsuits would have been staggering. I tend to believe he was positive though and i definitely don't trust what the boxing commissions said as they have one motivation and one motivation only.

The Dukes nephew had a good left hook but was screwed once he got hit. He lost to guys he should of rolled. Obvious drug issues as his pics before his death are telling. Not sure who his trainer was but maybe with a better support group he could of been top tier for his career.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws