over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for those doing low carb/no carb diets

Bobby_Dole

Banned
when you guys are cycling carbs for a contest, or just for getting lean and hit a low carb/no carb day, do you do strictly no carbs that day or do you eat things like lettuce or celery as a filler?

Not trying to cheat on my diet but eating just 6 meals of strictly meat sure makes me hungry :)

when you guys are cycling carbs for a contest, or just for getting lean and hit a low carb/no carb day, do you do strictly no carbs that day or do you eat things like lettuce or celery as a filler?

Not trying to cheat on my diet but eating just 6 meals of strictly meat sure makes me hungry :)

I don't really do NO carbs days anymore, unless my preparation requires such thing... I try to at least do 50 to 80 grs on "no carbs days"...

You can also eat brocoli with your protein, the calories contained in it are probably equal to the amount of calories needed by your metab. to burn it... just my 2cents

good luck

i don't consider green veggies as carbs..eat all you want, with your meat meals.

I like Broccoli so I usually make that or asparagus

Currently have no more than 2 cups of brocoli a day, and for dinner I eat green leafy veggies with my protein. Other than that no other carbs.

Being hungry during contest prep is all part of the game.

Once you get to the point where you see changes in your body happening quickly...dealing with the hunger becomes a lot easier.

I eat vegetables with every meal dieting or not except post workout

I don't really do NO carbs days anymore, unless my preparation requires such thing... I try to at least do 50 to 80 grs on "no carbs days"...

You can also eat brocoli with your protein, the calories contained in it are probably equal to the amount of calories needed by your metab. to burn it... just my 2cents

good luck

Then you aren't doing no carb days.

Does any one else throw up when eating no carbs? If I have protein and fat together and no carbs, I end up throwing up.

I like to make a big pot of cabbage soup with spices and fat free beef broth and some other veggies thrown in. You can eat that all day long and not gain an ounce of fat, it's a good "filler" with the protein.

Have all the dark green veggies you want , its a good idea to have several cups of some kind of greens a day anyway , the fiber is good for you as are te nutrients in them.

I use cucumbers , asparagus , broccoli , brussel sprouts , kale , spinach , even add in a little bellpepper and jalapeno in small amounts.

If you are eating lean meats make sure to add some fat to each meal as well from coconut oil , macadamia nut oil , extra virgin olive oil , use that and some spices to flavor your vegetables.

The only carbs I get come from frozen fruit I add to my post workout shakes of which I go to the gym 2x a day, I end up having 2 shakes a day. It's practically nothing as far as carbs though. Also, running cardio an hour 2x a day

Does any one else throw up when eating no carbs? If I have protein and fat together and no carbs, I end up throwing up.

If this is something that regularly happens to you, then please go see a doctor. That shit isn't normal man haha.

And you must be new to keto diets then man. Almost ANY and EVERY keto typed diet (lyle's, mario's, polumbo's) alll use leafy greens as a side....or else how the hell would you get your fiber??

you'd be constipated as hellll :naughty:

Last edited:
I don't count green veggies as carbs.
They're the healthiest thing you can eat, have as much as you want.

And you must be new to keto diets then man. Almost ANY and EVERY keto typed diet (lyle's, mario's, polumbo's) alll use leafy greens as a side....or else how the hell would you get your fiber??

Nope not new at all, just curious to what others do.

Thanks for the input all. Much appreciated. Have a show on Saturday (1st one in 12 years) and then my main focus is on another one 6 weeks after that.

A psyllium husk powder.....but is there really a need to go that hardcore? Probably not

Id load up on veggies like the rest of the guys, its a bitch to sock em all down. If if gets difficult try buying a veggie steamers. That ll make it easier.

Yeah if I have like meat or fat with no carbs for my first meal I get like hypo glycemic and sick. I think it's me going into ketosis. It happened the other day after I had meat with no carbs after the gym.
If I ask the doctor about it, he will just say " so eat some carbs".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity