over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for you guys using slin

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK , so I started using Humalog post workout with a shake high in simple carbs , Protein , creatine , glutamine and BCAA's. I have kept a very detailed log of everythiung I've eaten from 2hrs pre workout (3hrs pre slin) and 3hrs post slin. I have made record of my Blood Glucose: before , 10 post 30 min post and 1 hr and 2hr post slin injestion logging the results.

What I have noticed is that my blood sugar right before injection is 75-85 , 10 min later real close to the same , 30 min later its in the 120 range , 1hr later its around 100 and 2hr later its back to the 80 range. I'm am at no point feeling hypo at all , the only real differance i see is that a few hrs later I'm starving !!!.
here is what my post workout/slin shake lookes like and consist of , I'm taking 8iu Humalog then slamming this shake
Shake :
Carbs , 79g (66g sugar)
Protein , 72g
fat , 3g total (1.5 sat)
Creatine , 10g
Glutamine , 14g
BCAA's , 19,278 mg
1)Leucine , 8,593 mg
2)Isoleucine , 5,919 mg
3)Valine , 4,766 mg

50-60 min after my shake and cardio I eat a meal consisting of 7oz boiled chicken breast and 8oz mashed sweet potatos with a little splenda and cinnamon , 1/2 cup steamed broccoli or asparagus
and a couple hrs after that 6-8 oz grilled top sirloin that has been trimmed very lean pre grilling and 1/2 cup steamed broccoli or asparagus

SO , my question is should I cut back on the carbs some since I'm seeing such an increase blood sugar from the shake , or is maybe my insulin bad? I was expecting a little bit of a drop in blood sugar after the shot even with the shake but maybe I was just mistaken in my research

Honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about. The fluctuation of of your blood glucose levels is a spike in glucose from the carb source you are taking in your pwo shake. There is a spike in glucose after all meals. Remember, hypoglycemia is a blood glucose level of 70 mg/dL or below with serious signs or symptoms. Normal bgl's are considered to be around 70-150 mg/dL. Considering your levels come back down to the 80's, I would say this is consistent with humalog's 2 hour window. You could cut back on your carbs if you are comfortable with it. The standard being 10g of carbs per 1iu. I know allot of guys with insulin experience using 7g carbs per 1iu. Listen to your body, I am sure you are aware of the dangers of insulin and looking at your pwo routine you have done your homework.

what kind of humalog is it..why would you think it no good...no good as in expired? i didnt monitor with meter when i did it, but i never went over 6iu and wasnt looking for getting cut so i went heavy on carbs most of the time, there were times when i ate pretty close to 8g per iu and still never felt hypo ever...you body could be handling it well thats all

maybe your not doing enough

I thought that maybe it had gotten warm and ruined it but I came from the pharmacy in an insulated backage with cool packs and its been refridgerated since ,its made by Lilly and the experation date is 2012.

I don't think I want to up the dose any , I may cut back on my carbs in the before and after meals leavign the shake the same.
I'm determind that you can use slin and not gain fat so long as your diet is clean , I keep hearing that you can't use it without getting fat and I think tht is BS.

the only differant thing I noticed is that a couple hrs after the shot I get this wave of hunger , I'd normaly be eating a meal at this time but if I skipped it i woulden't be "famished" later now after the slin I'm starving by the time its ready to eat this meal , the blood sugear is still good at this I suspect that its just from the body being out of food to "shuttle"

i tried humalog 4iu while on low carb diet before workout.Nothing happened.My workout was perfect.i was like a machine.Normally i workout for 45 mins but when i get insulin with only 50 gr WPC. i can finish same workout within 30 mins.I did this 3 times a week for 3 weeks.

I thought that maybe it had gotten warm and ruined it but I came from the pharmacy in an insulated backage with cool packs and its been refridgerated since ,its made by Lilly and the experation date is 2012.

I don't think I want to up the dose any , I may cut back on my carbs in the before and after meals leavign the shake the same.
I'm determind that you can use slin and not gain fat so long as your diet is clean , I keep hearing that you can't use it without getting fat and I think tht is BS.

the only differant thing I noticed is that a couple hrs after the shot I get this wave of hunger , I'd normaly be eating a meal at this time but if I skipped it i woulden't be "famished" later now after the slin I'm starving by the time its ready to eat this meal , the blood sugear is still good at this I suspect that its just from the body being out of food to "shuttle"
i had same one..lilly redish or marroon writing on it...i always had mine in fridge..i guess if warm for too long maybe issue but if you are feeling that effect of the hunger id say you are ok...and yeah i believe you can use it to keep lean too and i had thoughts of trying that but since it was my first couple runs with it i wanted to use in safer way til i got a feel on how my body reacted...i would be comfortable now in trying to use and stay lean as i know about how many carbs needed.

Actaully slin can be kept between 59 -86 degrees for up to 28 days and still maintain strength.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws