over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question on competing

verdeda

Newbies
I am trying to get some insight on competing again. I have competed in the past in the ANBC, the last show I did was in the summer of 2000. Since then I took 3yrs. off, in that time I started using AS. I want to compete again, not in the ANBC (obviously). My delimna is that I am 33yo. 5`6 @ 200lbs. bodyfat between 12-14%. Would it be smart to start out in a lighter weight class due to my heighth? The times that I competed it was always based on heighth not weight. When I did compete I did not really concentrate too much on what the scale said, as opposed to what the mirror said. The last show I did I weighed in @ 160lbs. and i felt very comfortable. Last summer I had the bigger is better attitude and ballooned up to 225lbs. @ about 8% bf. Yeah I was big but I was uncomfortable as hell. Now I`m down to 200 as I stated above. Also what good amatuer divisions are available on the East coast. Since going the natural route is now out of the question. I will be posting my pictures from my last show when I get my scanner up. Peace. verdeda

Like it's been said - and I believe that YOU know this and just need it to be reinforced - go into a contest with the goal to shredded not with an expection that your weight is XXX amount.

Ripped is always going to beat out size - that is unless both/all are "equally" shredded, then size will win.

xcel

verdeda said:
I am trying to get some insight on competing again. I have competed in the past in the ANBC, the last show I did was in the summer of 2000. Since then I took 3yrs. off, in that time I started using AS. I want to compete again, not in the ANBC (obviously). My delimna is that I am 33yo. 5`6 @ 200lbs. bodyfat between 12-14%. Would it be smart to start out in a lighter weight class due to my heighth? The times that I competed it was always based on heighth not weight. When I did compete I did not really concentrate too much on what the scale said, as opposed to what the mirror said. The last show I did I weighed in @ 160lbs. and i felt very comfortable. Last summer I had the bigger is better attitude and ballooned up to 225lbs. @ about 8% bf. Yeah I was big but I was uncomfortable as hell. Now I`m down to 200 as I stated above. Also what good amatuer divisions are available on the East coast. Since going the natural route is now out of the question. I will be posting my pictures from my last show when I get my scanner up. Peace. verdeda

im confused. you were, last summer, 225 @ 8%, and now you are 200 @ 12-14%. did you lose alot of muscle and get fat? the numbers dont seem to add up for some reason.

Probably a typo. Probably meant 18% BF not 8%

Crowler said:
Probably a typo. Probably meant 18% BF not 8%

Typo it was . 18%. It is intimidating with not carrying alot of size and going in lighter. size is what all the judges seem to go for at this time.

what

judges dont just look for size! that is certainly a misconception! being shredded to the bone will GET you a call out

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws