over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question on diet principles for fat loss

TxDB11

Newbies
what are the key's to include as well as stay away from for fat loss? i am including what i typically eat in a day, and if anyone would like to tell me what to add or replace something with, I would appreciate it.

7:00 am - 1 cup Oatmeal w/ 2 scoops of whey, or shredded wheat and 6 egg whites if i have time
8:30 am - Banana or apple and whey shake in water
10:30 am - 6oz Tuna on 2 slices whole wheat bread
12:30 pm - boneless, skinless, chicken breast on a big green salad
3:00 pm - banana or apple and a whey shake in water
4:30 pm - shredded wheat
5:30 pm - NO Xplode shake
6:00 pm - Lift (Monday-Wed-Fri)
7:15 pm or so - shake - scoop of whey, banana, creatine, water, ice
8:30 pm - Chicken, fish, or lean meat, veggies, salad

only supps i use right now are Multivitamin, Fish oil (2 caps 3x a day), and i was taking Xenadrine, but i think i am gonna give up on that stuff

i drink 1 1/2-2 gallons of water a day as well as about 1 gallon of unsweetened tea with my meals.

i have been using a lot of whey, because i am on the go all day in my truck, and it helps to not have to try to eat a meal while i am driving.

this breaks down to somewhere around 240g Protein, 195g Carbs, 33g Fat

i am 6'1", 270 lbs - was 260 lbs when i started this diet, do not have accurate BF measurements, only thing i have been doing is measuring my waist every sunday. when i started eating by this schedule a little over 6 weeks ago, i was 260 lbs and my waist was a freakin insane 49 1/2", for some reason, i have gained right at 10 lbs on the scale, but my waist now measures a hair under 48". this diet was given to me by a friend of mine, and i think i can make it work if i can figure out how to tweak it just a bit to fit what i need.

any input will be greatly appreciated, as i am tired of being a fatass. thanks.

Last edited:
Some things you should probably need to track or tweak are neccesary

What is total calorie intake (macro nutrient beakdown is important but too many calories is still too many)? I'm not saying you're having too many calories as your results sound ideal - increase muscle (bodyweight increase) along with decrease in BF (waist measurements).

Have you figured out what your BMR is for caloric intake? Your diet looks good but "at a glance" (haven't done the math) it appears that you're low on total calories for your size. What makes me think diffferent is if this were the case, your body weight would be going down - indicating LBM loss from no enough calories.

"Good" fats are not your enemy but it can work against your fat loss goals if your caloric intake is too high.

Your NO Xplode shake really has no "nutritional value" other than maybe some sugar.

Your 8:30 and 3:00 meal (banana or apple and a whey shake in water) is a big difference. All carbs (fruit) or all protein (whey shake). Do you alternate this each day, like carbs in AM then protein in PM?

I threw a lot at you BUT it is sounding like what your doing is working and there's no reason to change IF IT AIN'T BROKE! ;)

if i figured it correctly, the total caloric intake is somewhere between 2100-2150 total. what exactly is BMR if you don't mind me asking?

I don't use the No Xplode in place of a meal, I just drink it with CEE before i go to the gym.

The 8:30 and 3:00 meal i guess i wrote a little misleading. i actually drink the whey at both times, and often have a piece of fruit with it.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate, your caloric intake requirements based on your actual daily activity level. For instance - manual labor work uses more calories than office job, or sedentary lifestyle versus active/workout. Age is also somewhat of a factor.

I'm 5' 6" and ~190# and my BMR is about same as you described. If I don't eat that amount, my weight drops and its not all BF :( . I also work in an office and workout 3x (about 1 hr) every wk - and I'm only 53. That's why I questioned the amount you're eating based on your size (I don't know your activity level or age).

BUT - I also said it sounds like it's working just fine. So, don't tweak it if it ain't broken. Keep monitoring your progress.

I am 29, and actually a lot of my day is spent walking jobs and driving. I play softball 2 nights a week. As of 3 weeks ago, I started lifting 3 times a week, and doing 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week. I am really just getting started in all of this as far as proper nutrition. I have been lifting again for the last 6 months, but ate whatever i wanted. I finally decided that i needed to change that after looking through a photo album that had pictures from about 3 years ago.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131