over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question on dieting while carb cycling n cheat meals

3BILLS

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys , just wanted to see everyone's opinion on the best time to have a cheat meal while dieting. On lower carb days or on a higher carb day?

i always had my cheat meals on my low carb days.

High carb day after training.

High carb day after training... usually leg training.

High Carb day followed by whichever bodypart is lagging the most, and usually try to train the bodypart lagging behind the 2nd most the next day.

Why to do high carbs days and cheat meals? Wouldn't you do better if you would choose one or the other?

Why to do high carbs days and cheat meals? Wouldn't you do better if you would choose one or the other?

A cheat meal serves two purposes, one is mentally and two is metabolically. Going 2-3 days low carbs 1 day higher carbs for a prolonged period of time, you need some mental break and the spike in metabolism as well. And for some a high carb day might mean only 175-250g of carbs. A cheat meal could be 400-500g carbs come from high GI, processed foods and refined sugars....nice way to replenish glycogen and get that nice boost to the metaby.

A cheat meal serves two purposes, one is mentally and two is metabolically. Going 2-3 days low carbs 1 day higher carbs for a prolonged period of time, you need some mental break and the spike in metabolism as well. And for some a high carb day might mean only 175-250g of carbs. A cheat meal could be 400-500g carbs come from high GI, processed foods and refined sugars....nice way to replenish glycogen and get that nice boost to the metaby.

Wouldn't high carb day by itself raise leptin levels? and these days guys runs t3 even in the offseason so there is no point to do cheats, since t3 never really drops...

400-500g carbs in one meals? :eek: If somone needs to feed himself with such amount of carbs in one meal, he's definately underfeeding him during the diet...eat more carbs during diet and you won't need to binge yourlself with 500g per meal

Just saying...

Remember watching Kevin Levrone video and seeing how he cheats....brown rice with red meat - "if I cheat this is how I cheat" he said then...he weighted 250 pounds onstage. the same with Shawn Ray - he only added a meal or two during the day if he felt he was too flat/weak... now guys at 200 pounds eats 500g sugars during cheats, makes themself to believe that it's needed for metabilsim spikes blahblah but somehow never ever comes in shape....

A cheat meal typically will be high carb, when would you do it , another low carb day, in essence that means that day is now a HIGH carb day, logiclally just do it with the days your allready trying to bring in more glycogen not disrupt the ketosis your trying to achieve on a low carb day, cheating then defeats the purpose of low carbs that day almost entirely.

Remember watching Kevin Levrone video and seeing how he cheats....brown rice with red meat - "if I cheat this is how I cheat" he said then...he weighted 250 pounds onstage. the same with Shawn Ray - he only added a meal or two during the day if he felt he was too flat/weak... now guys at 200 pounds eats 500g sugars during cheats, makes themself to believe that it's needed for metabilsim spikes blahblah but somehow never ever comes in shape....

They are also genetically in another level from most of us average genetic having folks, comparing what Shawn and Kevin do is an apples to oranges comparison...they are not the norm in this respect.
Ronnie Coleman dumped KFC Masterpiece BBQ sauce on his food by the gallon weeks before his O showings, again not a normal individual, not something the average persons metabolism and glucose tolerances will ever handle and still be able to drop bodyfat.

Why do you laugh, have you seen my recent contest photos? I was in shape and I never touched any T3. yes my cheat meal, when I got one last prep was 400-500g of carbs that meal, who knows I might of even gone over. And I was not under feeding thats a silly assumption.

Are you Levrone or Shawn Ray? Some guys are the exception to the rule and their flattest day would be most people fullest days, lol. So take what they do with a grain of salt.

Do all the reading you want and pretend you know it all, put it into practice (like myself) then chime in.

Why do you laugh, have you seen my recent contest photos? I was in shape and I never touched any T3. yes my cheat meal, when I got one last prep was 400-500g of carbs that meal, who knows I might of even gone over. And I was not under feeding thats a silly assumption.

Are you Levrone or Shawn Ray? Some guys are the exception to the rule and their flattest day would be most people fullest days, lol. So take what they do with a grain of salt.

Do all the reading you want and pretend you know it all, put it into practice (like myself) then chime in.

Yes I've just seen. How much do you weight? Assume not over 200 pounds?
You look good (lean, shredded but don't have the muscle for a bodybuilding, you would do pretty well at MP, if slightly softer)

You haven't touched T3? Well you don't need it if you're on DNP even when cruising lol who the heck knows what and how much are runing precontest if you need dnp when cruising...yes you can eat 500g carbs in one sitting you can eat even 1000 or more - dnp will take care of it...try to drop dnp then come to speak how you not underate during the diet and ate 500g per meal every week and got shredded

and do you think somone who has flatter muscles genetically the only think he need to do is to eat lots of carbs high gi per cheatmeal and it's fixed - he'll have fuller muscle bellies?

...I was on a low dose 4-500mg a week for most of Feb, March and April with low dose DNP, then cruised for a month then bumped things up a bit, a bit of DNP in here and there but none now...

Tr you should edit your post . Don't say shit like that especailly when its not true about j o. The guys a beast. Not everyone can be ronnie

tr, your shit talking is getting out of hand. JonnyO won not only the heavyweights but the overall as well at a big show recently. You once again are clueless. My cheat meals are easily 400-500g carbs in one meal. That's during offseason or contest prep. And I'm 5'7" 220 right now with striated glutes. No gh, no t3, no dnp.

Last edited:
Tr you should edit your post . Don't say shit like that especailly when its not true about j o. The guys a beast. Not everyone can be ronnie

I've never ever wrote that he looks like sh!t!
I can retype it again to make it clear - he looks good he is shredded BUT nothing too impressive to say "look at my pics, look at how good I looked", yes you look good Johny, Shelby and dnp helped you too looked good, but Johny you don't have that impression. And knowing that 500mgs+dnp is lower dosage for you I made my own calculations (which might be not real truth) that his normal show prep dosages are 1-2 grams plus more dnp - no this is not impressive. Not at all. You know what is impressive? Phil Hernon is impressive, young kid Jordan Peters from this board is impressive, Brad b-boy is impressive, mike1107 is impressive, Emeric at 60 years old age is impressive etc I don't have a problem to give guys a credit if he has deserved it. Johny O is just average guy which with Shebys and DNP help got shredded. That's it.

tr, your shit talking is getting out of hand. JonnyO won not only the heavyweights but the overall as well at a big show recently. You once again are clueless. My cheat meals are easily 400-500g carbs in one meal. That's during offseason or contest prep. And I'm 220 right now with striated glutes. No gh, no t3, no dnp.

I eat 2000-3000 cals shit (ice cream, daughnuts, cookcies, fried chicken etc) in one sitting and I'm 7-8% bf...so what? That means nothing. I just like it this is because I'm doing it, you like to have laden carbs in one sitting this is why you're doing this. This is not making you better, this is not helping to get you shredded or gain muscle. Skip this binge meal and eat more during regular days, you think you'd be worse or better? If you need to overfeed that means you were undefeeding yourself.

i eat my cheat "meals" on friday night and saturday night

both meals are following a 23-24hr fast postworkout

thru the week i fast 17-18 hrs at a 500 calorie deficit

fat ran for the door...was on no peptides... no aas... no nothing...not even much cardio

all lifts went up throughout

after you are in a calorie defecit for a while the body will slow down the metabolism to save itself and it , needs a little bump to let it know that you arn't starving to death , that what the "refeed" or "cheat" meal does aside from replenishing the glycogen stores if you are having big carb meals.

I dont know any body builders that just stayed on a lower calorie diet and ended up stage ready and dident lose alot of size , especialy not when eating crap food!!

The body doesn't like to be realy lean , its not healthy so you have to do little things to trick it so you can get truely lean.

8-9% is very respectible bodyfat and definatly puts up in the way upper class of normal people walking around everyday but their is a world of differance between 8% and 4% !!

Wouldn't high carb day by itself raise leptin levels? and these days guys runs t3 even in the offseason so there is no point to do cheats, since t3 never really drops...

400-500g carbs in one meals? :eek: If somone needs to feed himself with such amount of carbs in one meal, he's definately underfeeding him during the diet...eat more carbs during diet and you won't need to binge yourlself with 500g per meal

I hope you realize T3 is not the only thing that governs metaboloism so saying that T3 levels are constant because of supplementation so why refeed is ignorant

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131