over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question on hit training

Got Juice

Kilo Klub Member
for example if you were doing 275 on incline and you got 8 reps and 2 forced for a total of 10 reps that stil isnt enough is it? Should i then drop to say 225 and start repping out again or what? i just dont feel that a heavy set with 2 forced reps in enough. am i wrong? i just dont understand the total failure, it seems for total failure drop sets must be used, because after 1 set i am not at total failure.

Thanks a bunch,
Todd

Got Juice said:
[Should i then drop to say 225 and start repping out again or what?
Think of it this way once you drive a nail in a board , you dont sit there and beat the hell out of the board same with HIT training you go to failure and that sets the stage for muscle growth doing more and more sets will just make your recovery take alot longer. If you feel that 1 set isnt enough you are either not using enough weight or or you are just going to mental failure not muscular , putting your whole focus on 1 all out set I feel is the hardest thing to learn but once you do then thats the only way to go . The first time I picked up weights was in Jan.of 2000 and this is the only way I have ever trained and continue to make gains ,I have to think Dorian Yates my older brothers girlfriend gave him BloodnGuts for Christmas of '99 and I sit there and watched it and that day totaly changed my life (sorry for getting off the point)

If your not getting enought out of the 2 forced try this

THis is from an UG newsletter, number 14 I think

"I warm up thoughly then I do one main set w/ max intensity where I go for 5-6reps then do 2-3

Partial reps w/ negatives. I then do 2 drop sets for 5-6reps then I am done. I only add the drops, partials and negatives to one or two exercises per bodypart

TO GENERATE ENOUGH INTENSITY FOR ONE SET HAS TO BE LEARNED. IT TAKES A WHILE. if you have any doubts after that one set do a drop set. if you are inclining 275 and get 5 reps plus a forced rep. immediately drop the weight down enough (like you said) to get another 5 to 6 reps. that should be all you can handle for that exercise.

GOOD POSTS....

THE THING IS ONCE YOU CONSISTENTLY START DOING LESS AND IT BEGINS TO WORK.....A GUY STARTS GETTING ALL GUNG HO AND BEGINS TO DO MORE SETS AGAIN AND MORE EXERCISES....UNTIL ONCE AGAIN...NO PROGRESS. IT'S SORTA STUPID BUT, I END UP FALLING INTO THAT TRAP MYSELF.:)

i just need to try it and stick with it. its almost like im starting weight training all over again in a way. im going to try it for a couple months, and i feel that i will as you guys say" get used to maximum intensity." i just got back from the gym and all i hit was calves and a little cardio. basically i remember a post where they were saying a lot of people only go to mental failure and i realized i am a culprit of mental failure. when i was hitting calves i wanted to stop, but instead i said just 3 more, then i said just 2 more. so i got 5 extra reps than i would of done. your mind is a damn strong thing, and i just need to work though it.

Thanks for all the responses, im going to try HIT and ill let everyone know how its going.

Thanks,
Todd

Here's tomorrows workout...

I'll start warming up with a set of pulldowns, side laterals, bent laterals, curls, pressdowns and I'll do this cycle 2-3 times 15-20 reps each. Now the weight is enough to get the blood goin and that's about it. I will do some rotator cuff movements to get those suckers going.

Chest
Incline press: 135, 225, 315, then since I used 405 for 7 last time I think it is time to up it to 415 so as to get atleast 4-5. I'll get that as many times as I can then have someone strip a plate off each side so I'll be using 325 and I'll get that for around 4-5 then he'll strip again down to 235 and I'll get that for as many as I can and that is it. 1 all out set.

Hammer Bench press (not the one sitting upright but the one laying down) 1 warmup with 3 plates each side, then 1 all out set with 4plates and a 25 each side for as many as I can 8-10, then strip the 25 off and get 2-3 then strip a plate off ea side for 4-5 then what I like to do is at the top of the movement, do little partials to really contract the chest. That's it.

Pec Deck Flyes. 1 warmup then using the stack plus additional plates, dumbells, anyting to put onthe machine, I'll do 1 all out set like the sets above. That's it for chest.

Soem guys watch and when they see I'm done with chest they can't believe it. 3 sets!!! I also do 3 sets of delts and 3 sets for tri's and then I'm done. I've been using this routine for awhile now and I don't think I ever wnat to change. The growth I'm getting is remarkable. Recovery is awsome. I actually hit each bodypart 2-3 times per week. It all depends on how I feel.

hey canino, u said u hit each muscle group 2-3xs a week, whats ur workout schedule look like for a week???(day/body part)

ryan

Here ya go...

Monday-Chest, shoulder, tris, abs, cardio
Tuesday-Quads, hams, calves
Wednesday- Back, Bis, forearms, abs,
Thursday-Shoulders, Chest, tris, calves, cardio (yep shoulders before chest) Doesn't seem to take too much strength from the heavy pressing movements. Weird, I know.
Friday-Hams, quads, abs
Saturday-Back, Bis, forearms, calves, cardio
Sunday - off

Now, Since I am only doing roughly 3-4 sets per body part there are times when I feel real good that I'll actually go back in and train the same bodyparts again the same day. To top that off, most of the time the second workout is better than the first. Just Saturday I did back, bis, etc around 9am and that evening around 6pm I was back in there again. It felt great!!!!! As far as overtraining I am not feeling the symptoms at all. I think because of my supplements and rests, I get atleast 10 hours of sleep a day that it doesn't effect me. I also get a nap in there as well. I only work weekends and 1 day during the week and it allows me to eat as well. Since training like this and seeing the results, I sometimes can't sleep because I am excited about the next days workout. I haven't always trained this way so don't think you have to. I was up to 272 back in 98-99 before my injury and I trained totally different. This style is great because of the time in the gym is not long at all and I am not bored with it.

BTW, my meal plan came from PhilH. That guy knows his stuff. I'm on a very high fat, high protein, low carb diet. My girlfriend can't believe it when I'm cooking a pound of sausage, 4-5 whole eggs, 5-6 egg whites and a protein drink for breakfast. To top that off she says I'm looking leaner and it pisses her off to no end. :D

Whatever works run with it, but all in all it seems great. I wish I could train that much at this time. I had a bad boubt with overtraining that led to an injury and 3 not so good months off. Since you got Phil's help on nutrition did he give out advice on his pump? Or do your methods work?

I WISH I COULD TRAIN THAT OFTEN AND STILL RECOVER!

I TRIED.......BUT, I CAN'T.

HIT

I just started HIT training a couple days ago. I think I understand it for the most part and had a great Chest , shoulder and tricep workout the other day. Unbelievable pump and workout with minimal sets. wondering how the training of calvs , forearms and especially abs should look. Train those only 1 time a week? Im really lost on these b/c i thought abs should be done 3 times a week?

Also wondering if Big A has ever posted his HIT training regimen?

As mentioned earlier - one has to learn 100% physical failure before they can do it properly and before HIT begins to work proeperly.

And yes, calves, forearms, abs should be worked the same as the rest of the muscle groups. After all, they are muscles... same principles of growth apply.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear