over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question on need of Bcaas

Beaver24

Registered
So if you ingest 50 gram protein prior(40 minutes) to training go train and ingest 50 grams post(20 minutes); what is the need of BCAAS while your triaining for an hour?

Pre and post would be Whey Isolate. I tried to search for the answer unsuccessfully.

thanks for your time

Need is a strong word its more like optimal. Your current programs sounds fine but could using a intra that has bcaas or EAA's help? Probably. I uses a 2:1:1 ratio where the leucine is higher. Since leucine turns on Mtor. If I dont take it I know that I'll be fine but I feel like I'm going for optimal performance and hypertrophy when I do use it.

Better use of what I am asking "optimal". So you are saying that it is still useful to reach optimal. Was curious if I was overusing protein. Thank you very much.

The answer is you don't. If you like throwing money in the air go ahead

The answer is you don't. If you like throwing money in the air go ahead

Not really sure how you are throwing money away, most bcaa pills are cents per serving even the flavored powders are pretty cheap. You could over do protein but I'm sure your body would let you know i.e. horrible gas

10-20 grams post or intra workout of A 2:1:1 ratio will give you maximum benefit. I wouldn't bother with the pills, powder form is much cheaper and convenient.

I personally take 5 grams between every meal as well.

Not really sure how you are throwing money away, most bcaa pills are cents per serving even the flavored powders are pretty cheap. You could over do protein but I'm sure your body would let you know i.e. horrible gas

Explain to me how 50 grams of protein isn't going to provide all the amino acids his body will need for growth? He is having 100 grams in a 4 hour window. the protein intake in that time will primarily be used as fuel if his glycogen stores are heavily depleted which I highly doubt. So in reality yes, he is throwing cents on the dollar in the air worrying about trivial shit. The only thing he should be worrying about during that time frame really is actually having a proper meal before hand to get him through his workout. If he actually is worrying about growth, maybe pay more attention to carb and water intake.

Bcaa pills? No one should be using pills anymore.

Explain to me how 50 grams of protein isn't going to provide all the amino acids his body will need for growth? He is having 100 grams in a 4 hour window. the protein intake in that time will primarily be used as fuel if his glycogen stores are heavily depleted which I highly doubt. So in reality yes, he is throwing cents on the dollar in the air worrying about trivial shit. The only thing he should be worrying about during that time frame really is actually having a proper meal before hand to get him through his workout. If he actually is worrying about growth, maybe pay more attention to carb and water intake.
This is a stupid argument that has been beat to death. Do what you believe in and be done with it.

This is a stupid argument that has been beat to death. Do what you believe in and be done with it.

That might be the case yes but to be honest, there's no disproof to this besides anything made up by those who pay or even sell (for) those intra shakes and powders ...seems to be quite in vogue right now.

Not gonna argue with you cause its your belief on the subject but for me its an insignificant cost so I'll continue to use intra aminos or intra hydro whey

Even the most expensive Whey Isolate gives me gas. That tells you something right there.

If you are getting enough protein in your diet, you don't need BCAAs. BCAAs are present in every protein, especially so in whey. If you are on a calorie restricted diet, there is MAYBE some benefit to it. think of BCAAs as a low-calorie protein substitute. IMO you are wasting your money. Protein and creatine are the only supplements that do shit. Other than that eat right and stay hydrated.

Is this something you read in a book somewhere? The efficacy of powdered protein supplements is debatable. Creatine works...initially.

I'll just leave it there. If you want to keep wasting money on Whey, go ahead. I buy it myself. I'm so brainwashed I can't stop. I'll say this though...I have never noticed any results at all from the addition of Whey Protein supplements.

Protein and creatine are the only supplements that do shit.

Is this something you read in a book somewhere? The efficacy of powdered protein supplements is debatable. Creatine works...initially.

I'll just leave it there. If you want to keep wasting money on Whey, go ahead. I buy it myself. I'm so brainwashed I can't stop. I'll say this though...I have never noticed any results at all from the addition of Whey Protein supplements.

I say this in the sense that you are using protein supplements properly. If you are taking whey because you don't get enough protein in your diet naturally, it totally makes sense. If you are just taking whey thinking that just by eating it you will magically grow a little faster, well that's just retarded.

Thanks guys I am going to go without it. I mean 50 grams prior and 50 after I do not see a benefit. Now when I was getting ready for contest and lifting on empty stomach I saw use. I am experiencing horrible gas as well! 400 protein a day

Thanks guys I am going to go without it. I mean 50 grams prior and 50 after I do not see a benefit. Now when I was getting ready for contest and lifting on empty stomach I saw use. I am experiencing horrible gas as well! 400 protein a day

Did you ever think that 100g of whey peri workout replaced with eaa/bcaa or 50g on one end and eaa on the other might alleviate some gas?

50g whey protein 1 hr pre
bcaa/eaa during
solid food within 45 min post.

That's better than taking 100g of whey within 2 hrs and complaining of gas I would think...but what do I know?

Did you ever think that 100g of whey peri workout replaced with eaa/bcaa or 50g on one end and eaa on the other might alleviate some gas?

50g whey protein 1 hr pre
bcaa/eaa during
solid food within 45 min post.

That's better than taking 100g of whey within 2 hrs and complaining of gas I would think...but what do I know?

Some lose the forest through the trees....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131