over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question on Pectoral Growth

How chest grows

• Gets thinner (as it grows and gets longer/lower)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Gets thicker

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Genetics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Still don't know wtf you're talking about!

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

tgw85

Newbies
I'm going to use Branch as an example for my question.

Just to state a fact relevant to the question: Branch's chest had grown big it basically hangs over, while relaxed/uncontracted, like a lady's breast (as seen in the pics). I imagine then, as it keeps growing it would get longer and the bottom part of that 'over hang' would become lower, just like the bigger a woman's breast is the lower it 'hangs'.

Branch in the first pic (his chest is relaxed/uncontracted), if his chest grew even more and then you looked at him (and him being in the same stance, angle, and relaxed/uncontracted) would then, the very bottom part of that 'over hang' of his chest be thicker? Even though it would then probably be hanging even lower, while relaxed, b/c more mass and weight would be there. As it grew and as it grows longer/lower does the bottom part of that 'over hang' area get thicker or at least maintain it's depth? Or it possible the bottom would get thinner, as it grew longer/lower? And if it gets thinner is it genetics or is it gravity pulled on the bottom of the 'over hang' in such a way that made it get thinner as it was growing and growing longer?
Thanks

Attachments

• BranchWarren.JPG
    BranchWarren.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,240
  • branch_display2.JPG
    branch_display2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,175
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
Its going to grow thicker as the muscle grows larger. If someone gains bodyfat though, the lower margin youre pointing at is going to get thicker too and so it follows that as you get leaner its going to get thinner. If youre seeing a difference in some picts of bodybuilders it could be because of changes in bodyfat. Bodyfat does have a habit of collecting around that area on the chest.

Thank you very much for your advice... it helps somewhat.

I'm wondering because my chest is not as big as Branch's lol... but has grown to the point where it is starting to slightly 'overlap' the attachment or slightly droop over if I stand straight with my arms down and relaxed. And to me, it probably will drop somewhat as it continues to grow b/c more mass and weight will be there. But as it does this... will the bottom actually get thinner or lose depth/thickness? Basically is that it... once it reachest the point where it does 'overhang', is that as thick as the bottom will get... even if you keep training and growing?

That's why it concerns me... it's hard to bench while in the back of your head your wondering even afraid that what you're doing will cause your lower chest to 'thin out'. And I love learing about the body and about muscles and I am very analytical minded and I like things black and white so it's hard for me to let this go... it seems like a legit and a significant question to me. Plus I have aspirations of owning a gym and training too, so it'd help to know whether or not training your chest would eventually cause a "droopy paper thin" bottom... mainly for self-confidence for me, b/c now I just feel like I know nothing about muscles... I mean just how much of an affect does gravity have on muscular development? Does it influence the direction fibers grow, at least to a significant degree?

But your answer/opinion was clear so thank you.

Last edited:
Genetics.

I've had that "over-hang" since I was 19.

Genetics.

I've had that "over-hang" since I was 19.

Okay, so using you as an example, as your chest keeps growing would the very bottom part of that 'over hang' get thicker or thinner as it grew and got longer/lower?

Last edited:
Look at Arnolds chest in his prime. So heavily muscled it slightly drooped, yet always super thick. It looked aweome.

Not too hijack the post, but I do have a chest question. Im in my late forties, and have been concentrating on my upper chest lately so as not to or to avoid the overhang. Is this going to make a difference? Thanx.

its purely genetics...ive never devolped an overhang and probably never will, but the moment is started to train chest years ago and my upper chest just blew up. I can literally set a beer on my upper chest without flexing but i rarely ever train it anymore. i focuse more on my weak spot-lower chest and it still looks like garbage in comparison to the rest of my chest.

Well I think that eventually on anyone the muscle would have to droop over somewhat if it got super big and heavy, while relaxed of course. But yeah, I understand that 'limit' can vary via genetics.

But I mean once the pecs are really big that the bottom droops over slightly when relaxed, like Branch or Arnold, and then as they keep growing bigger and as that bottom 'droop' gets slightly lower b/c the muscle grows and gets heavier.... does the very bottom (the part that is 'drooping' slightly) get thinner or lose depth/thickness?

I'm wondering b/c even at a young age like 20, arnold's chest was soo big the bottom drooped slightly, but the very bottom (the part that droops when relaxed) looks thicker to me, in some pics, at age 20 then compared to other pics of him older and obviously bigger, like seen in pumping iron.

Its all genetics my chest just gets thicker but has no shape to it. Training can help it but the most part genetics are what determine much more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear