over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question on Pituitary Gland blood work

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
So my brother was having these symptoms, sweating, no sleep, dizziness and extreme weight loss meaning 40 pounds in a matter of three months.

He use to cycle his supplements but recently started using non stop low dose. The most he ever took non stop was 1200mg total all gear for 18 weeks then went down to roughly a TRT dose 175mg week.

He had blood work done due to the symptoms and the doctor is saying his Pituitary Gland is not firing at ALL, meaning that whatever hormone the Pituitary Gland regulates it is no longer firing those hormones at all and hence his side effects.

I have never heard of such a thing, is that possible? Just does not make much sense and he is telling my brother the way to fix it is to taper off and yes the old fashion way of tapering off and staying off until Pituitary Gland is firing again then he said he can start to cycle again.....

THOUGHTS????

I should mentione I understand that using gear can shut down production of test etc but i never heard of shut down causing these symptoms.

Also he only was using test, tren,winstrol when using high amounts no other gear or t3,peptides etc

I'd ask Kaladryn or Stewie for more details. But I dunno if that would explain the 40lb weight loss. Of course his pituitary is compromised, all of us who use AAS probably have compromised pituitary function.

The pituitary produces about 9 hormones. When it over or underproduces one or more of them, you have hyper or hypopituitarism. Causes can be pituitary adenomas or tumors (which are usually not cancerous) but shut down or overproduce pituitary hormones...

If I were him, I'd keep looking for another answer. Did the doc say why his pituitary likely shut down? Usually when they find out, they look for tumors or adenomas.

He just isn't producing any LH or FSH, like everyone who is "shut down" that is all that means. It has nothing to do with his weight loss, that is something else. If you told the doctor he is on gear, the doctor would say "ohhhhh ok nevermind about the pituitary." Then the doctor can work on figuring out what is really causing the problem. How can the doctor diagnose him if you are not telling him about the test? It is perfectly safe to tell the doc, you can have him say he is on TRT if you are really worried.

edit: it doesn't mean he has a tumor. Now if they test his testosterone levels, and the gear he is usually is fake, then there could be something wrong.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear