over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question on Soreness

BULKING_N

Registered
Hello everyone. Hope all is well.. On a question of post workout soreness, how many of you still feel post workout soreness up to 48 hrs? I am presently training a friend in the gym. He has only been training for 8 months steadily and is extremely disciplined, lifts intensely, got him on a 4 day split but he hardly feels much soreness in any muscle group excepting legs off course. He does feel post exercise soreness but nothing during the following day. I have been training for years and I do feel sore big time for at least 48 hrs after.. I am trying to pin point if there is something I am omitting in his training.. I dont want him to feel misled that he has to do more sets to feel sore since more sets dont necessarily measure progress. He is gaining in strength and size and that should be the most important marks.

Do share your views please.. Thanks

Try having him focus on the mind muscle connectionand and form. Make sure he is working his muscles and not just moving weights...

my 2 cents

the degree of soreness varies from person to person and really is not an indication of growth. some of my strongest workouts have been done before the soreness from previous workouts has subsided. other times i barely get sore at all. no corelation for me regarding degree of soreness.

the degree of soreness varies from person to person and really is not an indication of growth. some of my strongest workouts have been done before the soreness from previous workouts has subsided. other times i barely get sore at all. no corelation for me regarding degree of soreness.

Agreed, only time I get sore is when I change routine and that is temporarily. Also when I eliminate all carbs around workout I get sore.

One of the funny things is I get sore most in my chest - but that is my worst body part.

just make sure he's progressing in weight and or reps and hell grow. its that simple. soreness has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a training session.

just make sure he's progressing in weight and or reps and hell grow. its that simple. soreness has nothing to do with the effectiveness of a training session.

I was never able to progress in weight and or reps without being quite sore the next day or days. When I wasn't anymore it was a first sign for me that I need a week off. Maybe is just me. I remember few years ago, Big A was talking about muscle soreness after each training like a must for growing. Anyway is an interesting topic.

thanks for posting guys... Much appreciated. He does indeed get very sore in the legs but feel nothing in the other muscle groups.. he is progressing in poundages and size is coming on slowly .. Its a 6ft 4 frame im working with here. :eek: .. This guy has 8 months weight training under his belt, already deadliftinf 300 lbs and squatting close to 225s

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131