over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question regarding lab test results

Chris288

Registered
So I posted that my wife is having some systems of low thyroid, unexpected weight gain, tired all the time, sluggish, dry skin n hair so had her Thyroid labs done.

Even though nothing flagged out of normal, could this still be a problem? I am posting her results below and looking to see if anyone here that knows the values shows a red flag...

T3 Uptake - 34
T4 Total - 5.2
Free T4 Index (T7) - 1.8
TSH - 1.48
T3 Reverse - 9
T3 Total - 89
T4 Free - 0.9
T3 Free - 2.6

She is 41 and has been on TRT and Armour Thyroid for almost a year n half. These symptoms started about 5-6months ago.

Oddly I had her labs pulled last month for healthy checkup and her TSH was 4.61. Not sure why such a drop now. That was the initial reason for the complete Thyroid panel.

Thanks for any help or advice

T3 Uptake 34 - Range = 22-35%

T4 Total 5.2. Range = 4.5 - 12.0 mcg/do

Free T4 Index 1.8 Range = 1.4 - 3.8 mui/L

TSH 1.48. Range = 0.40 - 4.50

T3 Reverse 9. Range = 8- 25 ng/do

T3 Total 89. Range = 76 - 181 ng/do

T4 Free 0.9. Range = 0.8 - 1.8 ng/do

T3 Free 2.6. Range = 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml

Thanks

Yes, it could still be an issue.

While nothing was flagged, she's at the low end of range on many values.

That is what I was reading, but wasn't sure if it was enough to still be an issue. Especially since she has been on Armour Thyroid for so long expected her to be on the high normal.

As for her being on TRT how much testosterone is she taking? And in what form; e.g,.cream, gel, injection? If so, what's her dosage protocol? If she is on some sort of testosterone, in some female's the conversion rate of T-->E2 can get a bit out of control, therefore the estradiol is acting as a replacement dose. This is especially true if she's not menopausal. Do you know her FSH/LH levels?

Is she on any other hormones; e.g,. progesterone, estradiol or Medroxyprogesterone? If so, what's her dosage protocol?

At a glance her upper range T3 Uptake and lowish T4 is indicative of higher testosterone levels. This isn't always the case, tho that's my first inclination without knowing her other hormonal parameters.

As for her fluctuating TSH levels, this can be early signs of Hashimoto's, possibly. It may be a good idea to pull some thyroid antibody tests.

Thanks for the help Stewie- She has been on 10-15mg per week Inj Cyp for the past few months. The Dr prescribed her to much and her Total got to high as she had her on 25mg per week inj Cyp.

She has only taken Inj every 7 days since she started. Could the higher Test Levels affect the Thyroid? 20-90ng is the normal range she is double that. This wasn't an issue for almost a year though as she gained muscle and lost fat. Maybe something has changed.

I dont know her FSH/LH. Her total T stays now 150-180. Her Estradiol when I pulled it a month ago was 25. She was in the beginning phases of menopause when we started TRT last year, so her reference range says Postmenopausal is <31. She isn't post though. Other ranges Follicular Phase is 19-44, Mid Cycle 64-357, Luteal Phase is 56-214. All Ranges.

Her Progesterone was <0.5 ng/DL. Which is in Follicular Phase.

She is on no other Hormones other than TRT and Armour Thyroid.

The antibody tests were my next steps. Anything else I should pull.

Personally I would talk to her physician about switching from injection to either a compounded cream or even Androgel. The reasoning behind my suggestions is that, she's now in a little more control of her dosing. Generally a fingertip amount (about the size of a pea) of androgel is all she'll need daily. Or roughly 2mg+/-. If her physician is on board. I'd suggest her applying the gel or compounded cream on the most upper/inner portion of her thigh right below her groin area. The skin is very thin in this area, allowing the topical to easily defuse through her skin. Other anatomical areas of her body may of been highly exposed to repeated DNA damage from tanning, lotions, clothing, ect, making transdermal applications slightly ineffective. Nevertheless, that's a suggestion.

How many grains of Armour is she taking?

You mentioned she's not post menopausal. Does she still have periods? If so, are they regular?

How's her sleep patterns? Insomnia, restless leg syndrome, waking up in the middle of the night with or without hot flashes? She have hot flashes durning the day?

It would be something to discuss with her physician to add a starting dose of 75mg of progesterone nightly and most definitely not Medroxyprogesterone, in which is a progestin. By nature, our bodies don't have progestin receptors. That's a topic, within itself.

Her physician should know which antibodies tests to pull.

If she's still menstruating, I'd suggest pulling an anemia panel. Chances are, she's not anemic by definition (low red blood cells, due to the use of testosterone her RBC's may actually be on the higher side of normal) rather she might be iron deficient.

These are starting points I'd suggest. By no means am in a place to trump her physician, yet these are very valuable to discuss with her physician.

Treatment is about feeling better, not feeling worse :)

Last edited:
So I posted that my wife is having some systems of low thyroid, unexpected weight gain, tired all the time, sluggish, dry skin n hair so had her Thyroid labs done.

Even though nothing flagged out of normal, could this still be a problem? I am posting her results below and looking to see if anyone here that knows the values shows a red flag...

T3 Uptake - 34
T4 Total - 5.2
Free T4 Index (T7) - 1.8
TSH - 1.48
T3 Reverse - 9
T3 Total - 89
T4 Free - 0.9
T3 Free - 2.6

She is 41 and has been on TRT and Armour Thyroid for almost a year n half. These symptoms started about 5-6months ago.

Oddly I had her labs pulled last month for healthy checkup and her TSH was 4.61. Not sure why such a drop now. That was the initial reason for the complete Thyroid panel.

Thanks for any help or advice
TSH of 4.61 is definitely hypo! What was she doing different last month? The fact that its 1.48 now is good. Ideal is around 1. She would definitely be symptomatic at 4.61.

We did the shots because of once a week application as I have been on TRT myself for a couple years. Not opposed to the creams or androgen at all.

She takes one 30mg of Armour first thing in the morning. Menstrual cycle is very normal and pretty much within a week each month. No issues there.

Her sleep patterns are not great. She is a little restless and does have some slight insomnia as well. That of course compounds some problems.

Interested in the progesterone addition. What will that do? If it's too long of an explanation I understand.

Her bloodwork came back ok for all CBC levels. The only one slightly elevated was the MPV and highest range was 12.5 and she was 12.8.

All other were not flagged. Going to get the antibody tests done in a couple weeks per Dr.

Lift22- To answer your question this was why I came on here as I am puzzled how such a huge difference in a short period of time between tests. I thought she was surely Hypo, then the sudden drop of TSH back to below <2.0. Nothing has changed diet, exercise, supplement wise.

Appreciate the help and advice from u both.

T3 Uptake 34 - Range = 22-35%

T4 Total 5.2. Range = 4.5 - 12.0 mcg/do

Free T4 Index 1.8 Range = 1.4 - 3.8 mui/L

TSH 1.48. Range = 0.40 - 4.50

T3 Reverse 9. Range = 8- 25 ng/do

T3 Total 89. Range = 76 - 181 ng/do

T4 Free 0.9. Range = 0.8 - 1.8 ng/do

T3 Free 2.6. Range = 2.3 - 4.2 pg/ml

Thanks

you need to explain what is going on better. What’s the dosage for her armour thyroid?

Thyroid blood tests are confusing becuase low tsh actually means high t3
Your tsh increases as your thyroid hormone decreases
Your tsh decreases as you have enough thyroid hormone and need less production.

It looks like she’s taking the wrong dose of t3/t4 and it’s throwing her levels off.
Who prescribed the armour thyroid and how come they havnt discussed this with her yet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity