over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for guys running high carb diets

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you add any fats to your meals or just use the intrinsic fats from the lean meat that you are eating.

How much protein are you taking in , as in how many grams per lb of body weight??

this is very individual and there is no definite answer, most people fats below 15% of total calories will not be a good option and will not be able to build mass effectively

I, for example, have personally checked all the regimens and when it comes to the extra fats I "add" to meals, they are really in a minimum amount of literally 10-15g a day, but I give more fat on low days and then as if I supplement their deficiency on high carbohydrate days.
Protein always high, never less than 1.5 g lbs and usually 1.75 g / lbs in the cutting phase 2 g / lbs

this is very individual and there is no definite answer, most people fats below 15% of total calories will not be a good option and will not be able to build mass effectively

I, for example, have personally checked all the regimens and when it comes to the extra fats I "add" to meals, they are really in a minimum amount of literally 10-15g a day, but I give more fat on low days and then as if I supplement their deficiency on high carbohydrate days.
Protein always high, never less than 1.5 g lbs and usually 1.75 g / lbs in the cutting phase 2 g / lbs

What type of extra fats do you like to add to your meals?

What type of extra fats do you like to add to your meals?
All in all, you can't even call it a typical source of fat - whole eggs or beef.

On days off I replenish the fat and then add avocado, almonds, fatty sea fish, but I also have a lot less carbs on these days

All in all, you can't even call it a typical source of fat - whole eggs or beef.

On days off I replenish the fat and then add avocado, almonds, fatty sea fish, but I also have a lot less carbs on these days
This is what I'm looking at moving to. Very high carbs on all my training days (some carbs every meal) and then basically no carbs or very low on the off day. Thus far I haven't really done that, and last year somehow ended up disastrously (to me anyway) fat.

What Luki said.

Fats cycle up when carb go down. On really high days, no added fats whatsoever and stay away from fattier cuts of animal meats.
Added fats are usually almonds, avocado and maybe some olive oil.

Everyone's "high carb diet" is different too.

I personally eat a high carb diet because any “added” fats really destroy my digestive system. I get my fats from fattier cuts of meat and just the little bit of oil or butter or bacon grease I’m cooking with

This is what I'm looking at moving to. Very high carbs on all my training days (some carbs every meal) and then basically no carbs or very low on the off day. Thus far I haven't really done that, and last year somehow ended up disastrously (to me anyway) fat.
What do you consider high carbs per day for your self.

I personally eat a high carb diet because any “added” fats really destroy my digestive system. I get my fats from fattier cuts of meat and just the little bit of oil or butter or bacon grease I’m cooking with
Well if your fats souse is from beef or poultry feed with corn, than you geting to much omega 6.

I do my best to only eat grass fed beef, but this isn’t always possible. I don’t have much choice though. With my ibs any added oils or fats give me instant diarrhea
Well if your fats souse is from beef or poultry feed with corn, than you geting to much omega 6.

I do however take several grams of fish oil daily

I do my best to only eat grass fed beef, but this isn’t always possible. I don’t have much choice though. With my ibs any added oils or fats give me instant diarrhea
Since my procedure fats really tear my stomach up bad , even egg yolks 3 whole eggs has me shitting like a goose.
ive been sticking to chicken breast , rinsed 93% ground turkey , fish and shrimp. Beef takes FOREVER for me to digest so I eat very little.
my protein intake is way lower than it use to be , I struggle to get 200g a day so I've been pounding the EAAs all day and trying to make up the calories with carbs

Pretty much the only fats I can eat now is the fat from beef, eggs, and dar meat chicken, and cheese….but not melted cheese. Beef digests amazingly for me, but chicken takes longer. Anything else gives me near instant stomach problems. I can’t finish a slice of pizza without going to the restroom
Since my procedure fats really tear my stomach up bad , even egg yolks 3 whole eggs has me shitting like a goose.
ive been sticking to chicken breast , rinsed 93% ground turkey , fish and shrimp. Beef takes FOREVER for me to digest so I eat very little.
my protein intake is way lower than it use to be , I struggle to get 200g a day so I've been pounding the EAAs all day and trying to make up the calories with carbs

Try the yolk only and don`t have the whites.

Pretty much the only fats I can eat now is the fat from beef, eggs, and dar meat chicken, and cheese….but not melted cheese. Beef digests amazingly for me, but chicken takes longer. Anything else gives me near instant stomach problems. I can’t finish a slice of pizza without going to the restroom
Have you gotten this looked at by a doctor? Any idea the cause, over feeding? I keep seeing on forums guys have these major digestive issues, just from food volume?

Have you gotten this looked at by a doctor? Any idea the cause, over feeding? I keep seeing on forums guys have these major digestive issues, just from food volume?
Millions of times over the last 15 years. Officially, I have anxiety aggravated ibs with bile gastritis. Essentially, they don’t know what’s wrong with me and I make too much bile and have no gallbladder to store it in

Try the yolk only and don`t have the whites.
They yolks are what causes it , I can eat just the whites all day with no issues but when I add yolks I get diarrea

Like most I will lower fats the more carbs I take in. There is always a base in there but I don't like to have fats too high when I am pushing carbs. I prefer lean cuts of meat (beef/chicken) and I add in fats such as avocado, extra virgin olive oil, dark chocolate and walnuts etc. If I ever do low fats I usually add in approx 3g fish oil 3 times daily (approx 9g total). Now my carbs when low are always nutrient dense such as fruits (berries) and vegetables. The only difference I make when using high carbs are adding in larger amounts of rice and extra fruit (pineapple, mango, black/red grapes etc). Rice is mainly jasmine but could also be some rice based cereal (rice krispies or coco pops) post workout.

somewhere in the ~350g range. Although with the added caveat that I haven't added up what I've been doing the last week and a half.
Man I wish 350 was a high carb day for me. 350 is on the low end of a low day for me. At my biggest I was eating 8-900 grams a day

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131