over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for Iabadman and others Regarding shoulder width routine

kingronnie

Newbies
Hello Guys. Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.
Just starting this thread to get some good conversations going about the following topic
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...you-isabadman-my-new-favorite-exercise-3.html

The topic of interest in this thread for me is the posts from Iabadman about using the reeves deadlift and other exercises to increase clavicle/scapula width. Rib Cage expansion is also a topic of interest in this thread. I have been facinated with these topics reading doggcrapps methods as well as other respected trainers that have discussed structural adaptation.

I find this topic very interesting and hope to implement it to my training(my understanding is that there is a specific routine using specific movements)

Normally when threads like this are started the typical responses from some posters are "just build your back more" or "work on the side delts" or "structural adaptations are a myth" ect.

Those types of responses, although totally valid are not what im hoping this thread will be about. Anyone and everyone please feel free to post your thoughts, training and ideas.
Thankyou guys , all the best with your training

training for size

Not sure how to say this without getting flamed but here:

Training for size is a bit of a myth. Almost any decent training program is going to work (by work I mean build muscle) as long as you are consistent. Real size is built in the kitchen.

Training and drugs will of course make a difference but food, what when and how much you eat, is going to determine where you actually end up.

Then there is genetics but that's an entirely different story.

Put 100% into your meal planning/eating, another 100% into your training, and finally 100% into your supplements and you will go far.

Sorry man, I didn't help you at all I know. :confused:

Lol if you could increase shoulder width Phil heath would be the first to do. You can only build MUSCLE, you can't change structure.

Not sure how to say this without getting flamed but here:

Training for size is a bit of a myth.

This is absolutely false and complete utter b/s.

Dumbbell pullovers were a popular excercise yrs ago to widen the rib cage. Kinda doubt they actually widen your rib cage tho.

Dumbbell pullovers were a popular excercise yrs ago to widen the rib cage. Kinda doubt they actually widen your rib cage tho.

Yes Arnold loved them for that reason, but im pretty sure i heard that it has been scientifically proven that pullovers Do Not expand your rib cage. Dont quote me on that because i cant remember where i saw it, but it sounds like it makes sense to me.

Either way its a great movement, but expanding your rib cage i doubt it.

Thanks for the responses guys.
I have been reading alot of Dantes writings on the subject and am very open to the fact that structural adaptations can/do occur with the right stressors.
With tissue constantly remodeling, I am convinced that placing the body under certain stretches/patterns would result in something happening...

The reeves deadlift hold/movement is something else I think would help in this aspect but am unsure about programming it for the specific purpose of shoulder width...

I realise this is a thread based on some very specific topics and again thank everyone for posting,
Hope you all had a great new years.

Lol if you could increase shoulder width Phil heath would be the first to do. You can only build MUSCLE, you can't change structure.

How do you explain baseball pitchers that have throwing arms longer than their non throwing arms? Or some swimmers that seem to have exagerated clavicle length in proportion to the rest of their bodies?

Not trying to start an arguement, just trying to get some good conversation going. Happy new year

Generally speaking, when mainstream science and broscience/observation conflict, I tend to go with observation...

Usually science catches up with it and they find a happy medium.

Seen grandmas/older people wisdom on health issues way too many times, even when science says otherwise. Of course, some of it is just placebo effect or coincidence.

To many people get caught up in routines. Just pick a rep and sets and go with it. I do the basic exercises and reps. I don't drop set or anything special . Do do Dorian Yates routine and it works. I used to drop set , super set and I didn't get anything any more then now.

Reeve's deadlift doesn't make your shoulder any wider than what you're born with, but can help regain your normal maximum width/posture if you're suffering from upper cross syndrome. people with upper cross syndrome usually have tight/short muscles in pec/front delt/bis/upper traps. people with those issues will see some amazing changes right away.

This is absolutely false and complete utter b/s.

you didn't read the whole post...basically any decent training regimen will provide size if you are consistent...read the entire post....the part you paraphrased is taken out of context.

I was doing them very regularly for a few years and it gave my rib cage a look I didnt like in certain poses. I stopped them for the last year or so and I no longer have that look.

I was doing them very regularly for a few years and it gave my rib cage a look I didnt like in certain poses. I stopped them for the last year or so and I no longer have that look.

they are great for getting an umbilical hernia though

Androgen receptors are found in bones. Bone cells have a turnover rate, like skin cells thus allowing adaptation. I'm sure there are limits. Ever seen the skinny guy at the gym get on AAS and he suddenly has big delts/traps? It so happens there are more androgen receptors in these areas than most other parts of the body. Scientific evidence exists, I'll find the link.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Reeve's deadlift doesn't make your shoulder any wider than what you're born with, but can help regain your normal maximum width/posture if you're suffering from upper cross syndrome. people with upper cross syndrome usually have tight/short muscles in pec/front delt/bis/upper traps. people with those issues will see some amazing changes right away.
Is this similar to kyphotic posture?

I believe that over time the person who makes the biggest gains in strength will have the biggest changes in his/her physique.

If you start training with a 300lb Deadlift and you get that to 500-600lbs (in the same rep range) then you're going to see a great difference all over your body.

Likewise, if you've got a 135lb military press and you get that up to 270-300lbs, I think it would be impossible for your shoulder width to stay the same.

I believe that over time the person who makes the biggest gains in strength will have the biggest changes in his/her physique.

If you start training with a 300lb Deadlift and you get that to 500-600lbs (in the same rep range) then you're going to see a great difference all over your body.

Likewise, if you've got a 135lb military press and you get that up to 270-300lbs, I think it would be impossible for your shoulder width to stay the same.

Shoulder width in terms of them just being surrounded by more muscle? Or are you saying you think the bone structure widens?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131