over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for Jethro

JETHRO TULL said:
WHY THAT BRAND? I TRIED A LOT OF DIFFERENT KINDS..THAT ONE DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BARF AND I GET NO GAS OR DIAHREA FROM IT. :D

Good stuff, thanks for the reply. I need to look into that then I get gas like a mofo LOL :p

JT, good stuff man! Thanks again for sharing. You truly have alot more to offer than you give yourself credit for. Gave me alot of good stuff to chew over. I used to do something similar to that when I was active duty. I would take in a pre-set amount of carbs for 4-5 days then have a huge binge day (usually some taco bell and drinking, lol!). The thing was, I never added any extra fat and I was always lean and decent sized, although not as big as I wanted to be (to much running). In the last few years after "learning" more about nutrition I began adding extra fat to my diet (olive oil, Natural Peanut Butter, etc) and I have never been able to get that "ripped" look again. I can get lean, but not get the super thin skin.

I may have to re-think how I do things thanks to you. Thanks again.

DIEZEL666 said:
In the last few years after "learning" more about nutrition I began adding extra fat to my diet (olive oil, Natural Peanut Butter, etc) and I have never been able to get that "ripped" look again. I can get lean, but not get the super thin skin.

EXACTLY!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK...I TRIED ALL THAT FOR A WHILE AND I MAY HAVE BEEN HEALTHIER ON THE INSIDE...BETTER HDL RATIO...BUT I DIDN'T LOOK BETTER.

I HAVE FRIENDS WHO I TRAINED WITH WHO NORMALLY LOOK REALLY GOOD....LEAN, VASCULAR, START IN WITH THAT MANTRA...'FAT DOESN'T MAKE FAT'.....BUT THE THING IS....THEY WERE FATTER! NOT WAY OUT OF WHACK OR ANYTHING....BUT DEFINITELY SMOOTHER AND LESS IMPRESSIVE.

I ALSO CONSISTENTLY TALK TO COMPETITORS WHO FOLLOW THE HIGH FAT APPROACH AND THEY DON'T LOOK AS HARD TO ME EITHER. BIG AND FULL..NOT SHREDDED THOUGH.

LIKE YOU.....I LOOK HARDER WITH LESS FAT. I KNOW THERE ARE SOME GUYS WHO NO DOUBT HAVE IT MASTERED....I DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO DO IT YET!:)

I LIKE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I AM GOING TO DO....LIKE YOU SAID ABOVE..A SET NUMBER OF DAYS AND THEN AFTER YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT.I THINK THE FOLLOWING TO MYSELF....[I AM GONNA EAT THIS SHIT EXACTLY FOR THE NEXT FOUR DAYS AND THEN I'LL CARB UP....SOMETIMES IT TURNS INTO ANOTHER DAY BECAUSE I AM SEEING RESULTS IN THE MIRROR AND I GET FIRED UP. I KNOW IT'S DUMB TO GO ON LIKE THAT.....SO, I'LL CARB UP.

THANK YOU DIESEL FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE TO POST SOME STUFF. I'D LIKE ANYONE TO JUMP IN HERE WITH THEIR IDEAS OR WHATEVER.

thanks for sharing Jethro. You have good ideas.

I'm like you on diet. I just eat the same stuff each time cuz i'm too lazy to make an elaborate diet. Whatever you do it must work b/c the contest pics you posted a while ago you were super lean.

So you mainly follow just shakes and oats all the way to the show? just cycle ur carbs a lil bit?

one good treat you might like is protein powder blended with frozen blue berries. it tastes great and pretty good for you. give it a try. plus you can eat alot of em and NOT take in a super high amount of carbs. just thought i'd throw that in there since i been guzzling them and thought u might like them since you drink alot of shakes LOL.

thanks again for the informative posts.

Last edited:
JT

really good read...i enjoyed it. this is the first time i am really "dieting" down and i have to say i was reassured by some of the things you do when dieting as well. for instance, the low carbs until you just have to have them, then one more day...thats exactly the way i have been doing it, but i didnt know if tht was ok. got a question for you though...when you do your cardio...do you have a set number of kcals you are trying to hit, or are you walking for a set amount of time? i have been doing my cardio like this...i warmup for like 2-3 min. walking on an incline then ramp it up to a fast run (for me...LOL) for as long as i can, usually 5 minutes or so, to get the heart rate up...then i walk on a steep incline until i hit between 250-300kcals. what do you think?

Conan21...I'll give those blueberries a try.

Conan21 said:
thanks for sharing Jethro. You have good ideas.

I'm like you on diet. I just eat the same stuff each time cuz i'm too lazy to make an elaborate diet. Whatever you do it must work b/c the contest pics you posted a while ago you were super lean.

So you mainly follow just shakes and oats all the way to the show? just cycle ur carbs a lil bit?

one good treat you might like is protein powder blended with frozen blue berries. it tastes great and pretty good for you. give it a try. plus you can eat alot of em and NOT take in a super high amount of carbs. just thought i'd throw that in there since i been guzzling them and thought u might like them since you drink alot of shakes LOL.

thanks again for the informative posts.

Thats a good idea. I actually like blueberries...it's just such a pain to thaw them out! Maybe I'll add some to the oats on carb up days instead of raisins.

Hey, Flex...my cardio is not very 'cardio-vascular'.

flexmaster said:
really good read...i enjoyed it. this is the first time i am really "dieting" down and i have to say i was reassured by some of the things you do when dieting as well. for instance, the low carbs until you just have to have them, then one more day...thats exactly the way i have been doing it, but i didnt know if tht was ok. got a question for you though...when you do your cardio...do you have a set number of kcals you are trying to hit, or are you walking for a set amount of time? i have been doing my cardio like this...i warmup for like 2-3 min. walking on an incline then ramp it up to a fast run (for me...LOL) for as long as i can, usually 5 minutes or so, to get the heart rate up...then i walk on a steep incline until i hit between 250-300kcals. what do you think?

I simply walk for a long time 40-45 min. first thing in the am..5am...and then again at night after my last meal. I mean walk too. I don't shoot for any specific numbers. I want my cardio to not eat up muscle..[as little as possible anyway]. Those lifefitness treadmills at a Golds...or mine at home...the most I incline it to is 7 and the fastest pace I use is a 3.0 or 3.1. I am just trying to make the cardio low intensity....and keep the weight lifing at high intensity. I am having fun listening to all the songs I downloaded on my mp3 player!

genetics

Jethro,

We talked about this before and I think some people just have the genetics to get super-lean much more easily than others. No matter how much I diet, I will always appear smooth. The most cut and vascular I've ever been I had to carb cycle for months, lost a ton of strength, and had to supplement with a caffeine, ephedrine, aspirin stack. I felt tired, grouchy, and miserable all the time. I did get very cut but my clothes were just hanging off me.

During this time I had a bad experience at the track. After lifting one day my brother and I went to the track. We checked our times in the 100 and 200m several times. My last 200m I finished and just collapsed! I couldn't stiffen my legs to walk and felt like I was turning inside out. My brother helped me to the car and we went to the convenience store and I guzzled a 32oz gatorade which eliminated every symtom I had in minutes. I was TOTALLY depleted and hypoglycemic. Clearly, the stack had pushed my body so hard that I couldn't metabolize fat fast enough... And with zero sugar in blood, liver, muscles, etc. I was totally on EMPTY. Actually scared me really. The next day, I decided enough was enough and ordered two large pizza's and a 2-liter of coke (not diet coke either). I stuffed myself and it felt gooood. Bad move.

Here's where it gets creepy. An hour or two after I'd eaten, I got really warm. I mean I was burning up. My wife (ex-wife now) said to me "Are you okay?" I said "I don't know, why?". Just then a drop of sweat dripped off my brow. I went back to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and I was beet red, veins everywhere. Even the ones in my temples were visable. My ankles looked like a bag of worms.

I ended up standing in front of the air conditioner for a long time until I cooled down and then had the "loose bowel syndrome" for the next two days. I haven't done it again since.

One good thing to come out of all of it was that now I know my body very well - when enough is enough or not enough. Plus I'm more comfortable now just being smooth as I can say to myself very easily that I don't want to find myself back there ever, ever again. I have a photo somewhere's during that time... I'll try to toss it up.

later bro

Tried to combine two shots in one pic

you see how much size I lost? I was 180 in these photos. I'm currently 220, not fat, but definitely not ripped. I FEEL good at this weight so that's the most important thing.

Those were up plenty long enough LOL

Last edited:
JETHRO TULL said:
I simply walk for a long time 40-45 min. first thing in the am..5am...and then again at night after my last meal. I mean walk too. I don't shoot for any specific numbers. I want my cardio to not eat up muscle..[as little as possible anyway]. Those lifefitness treadmills at a Golds...or mine at home...the most I incline it to is 7 and the fastest pace I use is a 3.0 or 3.1. I am just trying to make the cardio low intensity....and keep the weight lifing at high intensity. I am having fun listening to all the songs I downloaded on my mp3 player!
i was doing almost that exact same thing at first...3.3-3.5 speed on a 7 incline...but i didnt like being on the treadmill for 45 minutes. being in school and working i just didnt have time you know...i will give that a try if i start to lose muscle though.

i know what you mean about the mp3 player...i got an ipod for christmas and i am loving it!

also...

i just wanted to give you props for having such a QUALITY physique with the low doses you use. i remember what i think was the most recent pic of you, in some sort of posing room or something...it was a twisting back shot. your back just looked MAMMOTH...i remember thinking to myself "that is what i want to look like"...you just looked huge! i think you said you were around 250ish in the pic, and lean too...so i cant imagine another 20 or so lbs on your frame. dont sell yourself short on the "looking smaller than you really are" comment...believe me...you are one step below a russian yeti bro.:D

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! LOL....YEAH, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU TOOK IT DOWN PRETTY HARD!

HOW MUCH PROTEIN AND CALS WERE YOU GETTING IN THOSE PICS? [DID YOU APPLY 'RESTORATIVE MEASURES' ;) LOL...YOU ARE CERTAINLY THICK IN THE OTHER PICS YOU POSTED.

I GET THAT SWEATY THING ON CARB DAYS TOO! I THINK A PERSONS METABOLISM JUST STARTS SMOKING...GET'S JARRED BACK INTO ACTION. I USE THE ECA STACK AS WELL. IT KILLS MY APPETITE TO SOME DEGREE...WHICH IS ANOTHER PLUS. I START LOSING TOO MUCH AND I EAT. I TRY TO KEEP IT AT 2 POUNDS PER WEEK AFTER THE INITIAL WATER DROP IN THE FIRST WEEK OF LOWERED CARB INTAKE.

YES...THE LOOSE BOWEL SYNDROME CAN STRIKE HARD IF A FELLAS BEEN EATING SUPER CLEAN FOR MONTHS ON END. THAT'S NASTY FOR SURE...BUT IT NEVER HAS STOPPED ME FROM EATING ONCE A DIET WAS 'OVER'. LOL..:eek:

KEEP ON POSTING, DOC!

JETHRO TULL said:
HOW MUCH PROTEIN AND CALS WERE YOU GETTING IN THOSE PICS? [DID YOU APPLY 'RESTORATIVE MEASURES' ;) LOL...YOU ARE CERTAINLY THICK IN THE OTHER PICS YOU POSTED.

I GET THAT SWEATY THING ON CARB DAYS TOO! I THINK A PERSONS METABOLISM JUST STARTS SMOKING...GET'S JARRED BACK INTO ACTION. I USE THE ECA STACK AS WELL. IT KILLS MY APPETITE TO SOME DEGREE...WHICH IS ANOTHER PLUS. I START LOSING TOO MUCH AND I EAT. I TRY TO KEEP IT AT 2 POUNDS PER WEEK AFTER THE INITIAL WATER DROP IN THE FIRST WEEK OF LOWERED CARB INTAKE.

YES...THE LOOSE BOWEL SYNDROME CAN STRIKE HARD IF A FELLAS BEEN EATING SUPER CLEAN FOR MONTHS ON END. THAT'S NASTY FOR SURE...BUT IT NEVER HAS STOPPED ME FROM EATING ONCE A DIET WAS 'OVER'. LOL..:eek:

KEEP ON POSTING, DOC!

LOL... yeah, can you believe that? That was 7 years ago but at the same time, I had never done any cycles or anything like that. I ate a good bit of protein but what I think happened to me is that I didn't take in enough carbs. Even when depleting, you need some carbs... At that time, I began to grow more and more of the mind, "well if i lost 2 lbs, why not go another week with no carbs!" - and for dudes like me, that fat loss can be intoxicating. I gained all 20 or so lbs back within a few months of eating normally. I think the CEA stack disguised symtoms that normally I would have noticed. Damn ephedrine. It was really hard for me to put those pics up actually. I remember when I was dieting a good friend and fellow lifter said to me "Man, you look like you lost everything!" - at the time I was just ... ugh... that hurts.

On a positive note, I'm the leanest 220 I've ever been. In 4 days I start my feb-may cycle using 300mg test e and 600 deca per week. I'll bump the test every few weeks til it reaches 900 and then back off again. I have dbol that I may put in the 2nd half of the cycle (last 8 weeks).

As far as diet for me, I've come up with my own diet plan that I call the Cro-Magnon Diet (patent pending lol). It's very simple. If you can't throw a spear into it, milk it, dig it up, or pull it from a tree, don't eat it. Whole meats, whole fruits, and whole vegetables. I came up with the idea after reading this paper on evolution and how our bodies still basically are the same as they were hundreds of thousands of years ago. It's only recently that we've started eating so many processed foods. It's been working well for me since I started.

I'll still take extra protein (whey), glutamine, multi-vitamin, B6, B12 and I can't give up my shredded wheat. I would eat 4000 cals a day whether I lifted or not so volume isn't a problem :D

From past experience, I'm guessing that I'll be coming to around 240lb by june and with a little cleanup, 225-230 (5-10lb lean mass gain). At least that's the goal I've set for myself.

Last edited:
OUCH..THERE IS A FELLA ON HERE CALLED HUMONCULOUS WHO GETS REAL LEAN...

....AND THE LAST TIME WE EMAILED EACH OTHER HE WAS EATING RAW JUST LIKE THAT. THAT GUY IMPRESSES ME WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE, DOC. I THINK YOUR GOALS /EFFORTS IN THE GYM REALLY SHOW UP.

YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!:)

HUMONCULOUS

JETHRO TULL said:
....AND THE LAST TIME WE EMAILED EACH OTHER HE WAS EATING RAW JUST LIKE THAT. THAT GUY IMPRESSES ME WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE, DOC. I THINK YOUR GOALS /EFFORTS IN THE GYM REALLY SHOW UP.

YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!:)

I wonder if his name comes from homunculus? A rather bizarre theory by a debunked 19th century alchemist. If that's true, what the hell has THAT guy been reading?!? The fact that I recognize the term almost scared ME !!! lol

So his theory of diet is close to mine? I wonder if I can find that paper online and post it. I will if I can. Basically it suggests that humans for millions of years lived (and ate) NOTHING like what we've been doing for the last few thousand years. Additionally, that our evolutionary biology could not have adapted that fast.

So when I post pics after this cycle, if I am hunched over with long arms, and have a grotesquely pronounced forhead, you'll know what happened...

ouch

I think those are good diet guidlines. Im not sure why more people don't follow them?

thats very similar to the zone diet guidlines for Carbs. more so the Paleo diet.

I know charles poliquin uses the Paleo diet when his athletes are fatties. I saw pics awhile ago he had before and after pics of a shot putter and foot ball player where he had them on some type of Paleo diet and they lost drastic amounts of fat pretty fast.

OUCHTHATHERTZ...I THINK YOU'VE SPELLED IT RIGHT! HOMUNCULUS...

OuchThatHurts said:
I wonder if his name comes from homunculus? A rather bizarre theory by a debunked 19th century alchemist. If that's true, what the hell has THAT guy been reading?!? The fact that I recognize the term almost scared ME !!! lol

So his theory of diet is close to mine? I wonder if I can find that paper online and post it. I will if I can. Basically it suggests that humans for millions of years lived (and ate) NOTHING like what we've been doing for the last few thousand years. Additionally, that our evolutionary biology could not have adapted that fast.

So when I post pics after this cycle, if I am hunched over with long arms, and have a grotesquely pronounced forhead, you'll know what happened...

AS FAR AS THE NEXT PICS SHOWING YOU WITH LONG [HUGE] ARMS AND A BIG FOREHEAD...ALL I'D HAVE TO SAY IS .....SEND ME SOME. LOL...

ALCHEMIST HUH? ACTUALLY THAT SOUNDS RIGHT AS WELL....AND I DO THINK HE IS WELL READ.
'

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity