over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for people with pec tears

To all those who have suffered from pec tears, could you please answer the following questions? I wanna figure out how to minimize the risk of pec tears now that I'm going somewhat heavy.

1) Did you tear your pec during cut or bulk (off season vs. pre contest)
2) What steroids were you taking at the time of the injury?
3) What exercise did you do when the muscle tore?
4) In what position of the pressing movement were you when the muscle popped? stretch, midway, or close to the top?
5) How quickly did you move the weights? So, explosive reps or slow controlled ones?
6) Did the muscle tear during the eccentric (going down) or concentric (going up) part of the movement?
7) How many sets for chest did you do before?
8) Do you feel you were warmed up properly?
9) Did you have aches and pains in the pec area in the weeks before the tear?
10) Do you feel like you were overtrained?
11) How many reps did you plan to complete in the set that the muscle tore?

I have partially torn the same pec twice now :banghead:

1.) I don't cut/bulk any longer but once I was doing intermittent fasting other was eating normally. I was doing a basic lift strength phase this last time though.

2.) 300mg test (100x3 weekly) and prior one I think was 500mg test and potentially one other AAS 200-300/week was the usual...avoid winstrol though! partially tore bicep and was on win at the time and I FELT brittle the whole time taking it...like dried out

3.) First time dumbbell bench with 140s and last time bar bench with just 315!

4.) Both times about 1/3 of the way up on concentric portion

5.) Both times was controlled movements at about 1,0,1 tempo

6.) Concentric

7.) Both times first exercise of the workout...maybe 3 sets after 1-2 set warmup

8.) Yes fairly well, was not cold either time...

9.) Nope none...but do NOW even though partial tears

10.) No...second time I was training EOD and just push pull squat movements and off 4 days a week...prior time I was 2 on 1 off/2 on 2 off so resting 3 days a week

11.) Both times I wanted about 8-9 and tore around 6-7

Really won't find much info in all these answers though...fact is we micro tear ourselves over and over and get stronger and stronger but the connective tissue may not keep up and it slowly can pull away over time... in fact I saw a pec tear with 225 lbs on a guy that got reps out of 315 easily... he didn't really warm up honestly... 135 for 5 then 225 for 8ish and POP! Barbell bench is a very common cause though I now steer clear of it entirely and stick with dumbbells up to 80s max and hammer machines with 200ish lbs...dips with bodyweight only...I've lost a little thickness but still have 80% of my size with 2/3 the weight used.

Tears are a factor of long term aas use making things a bit brittle with repeat micro trauma also...I saw a doc for mine and he palpated my bicep origin/insertion areas and pec origin/insertions and said I have damage but until it tears off they really cannot anything... he said be careful but for repetitive heavy lifters it's common and a matter of time for most. Thanks doc...lol

To all those who have suffered from pec tears, could you please answer the following questions? I wanna figure out how to minimize the risk of pec tears now that I'm going somewhat heavy.

1) Did you tear your pec during cut or bulk (off season vs. pre contest)
2) What steroids were you taking at the time of the injury?
3) What exercise did you do when the muscle tore?
4) In what position of the pressing movement were you when the muscle popped? stretch, midway, or close to the top?
5) How quickly did you move the weights? So, explosive reps or slow controlled ones?
6) Did the muscle tear during the eccentric (going down) or concentric (going up) part of the movement?
7) How many sets for chest did you do before?
8) Do you feel you were warmed up properly?
9) Did you have aches and pains in the pec area in the weeks before the tear?
10) Do you feel like you were overtrained?
11) How many reps did you plan to complete in the set that the muscle tore?

Many thanks!

1. Bulk
2. Test, Dbol
3. bench press
4. midway
5. slow controlled
6. concentric
7. 4 sets prior
8. probably not
9. I had pain 1 week prior
10. No
11. Going for a one rep max of 500#

Thanks for all the answers, very interesting.
Though I realize now I missed another crucial question: 13) How many percent heavier were your weights in chest exercises compared to 2 weeks before the pec tear? So for example, 20% heavier weights when the pec tear happened compared to where you were 2 weeks before that.
Increasing weights too quickly (especially thanks to things like adrol or tren) is probably one of the biggest risk factors for muscle tears.

along with the proper biomechanics built for the lift how about training/strengthening the pec tendon?

will this be the most optimal strategy or there is something else to add to it?

along with the proper biomechanics built for the lift how about training/strengthening the pec tendon?

will this be the most optimal strategy or there is something else to add to it?
Strengthening tendons is easier said than done. Especially in people who take AAS year round.
Stretching (not necessarily pre workout), mobility work, eccentric exercises, breaks from AAS, keeping Estrogen in optimal range, HGH and peptides (BPC157, TB500 maybe), are good candidates though.

Strengthening tendons is easier said than done. Especially in people who take AAS year round.
Stretching (not necessarily pre workout), mobility work, eccentric exercises, breaks from AAS, keeping Estrogen in optimal range, HGH and peptides (BPC157, TB500 maybe), are good candidates though.

My buddy Mike tells me to eat duck eggs to strengths the tendons

My buddy Mike tells me to eat duck eggs to strengths the tendons
Supplement wise, the following may potentially help strengthen tendons. They act to increase collagen synthesis, increase tendon vasculature, or prevent chronic inflammation.

Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Collagen I/II, Vitamin C, Vitamin B5, Curcumin, MSM, Bromelain, Magnesium and Potassium (if deficient), Vitamin K, Omega-3, egg shell membrane, vasodilators.

Might have missed some other potentially useful stuff. Don't think that duck eggs offer anything special though.

Supplement wise, the following may potentially help strengthen tendons. They act to increase collagen synthesis, increase tendon vasculature, or prevent chronic inflammation.

Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Collagen I/II, Vitamin C, Vitamin B5, Curcumin, MSM, Bromelain, Magnesium and Potassium (if deficient), Vitamin K, Omega-3, egg shell membrane, vasodilators.

Might have missed some other potentially useful stuff. Don't think that duck eggs offer anything special though.

I keep reading about cissus quadrangalaris for helping with tendons

I keep reading about cissus quadrangalaris for helping with tendons
All the studies on cissus are about bone healing, nothing about tendons. It has a mild analgesic effect which explains why people think it helps for their tendon injuries. When I tried it, it slightly reduced pain in my quadriceps tendon, but that effect disappeared after 2 months when I stopped taking it. it didn't actually do anything to heal the tendon injury, but just masked it.

curious how to strengthen the tendons though..

the pros are doing this for sure in order to stay competitive and for longevity purposes..

Dexter made it to this age for similar reasons and it is not just tendons that he has been training.. when he says he does not do cardio there is a reason for that too I believe and it is not just fasted ss cardio but surely something low impact kind of exercise.. I mean these physiques are the SEL 600 Mercedes model.. lol and he also actually has one of these too

No pec tear, but I do get pain through my arm and armpit which I believe is some tendinitis in my bicep tendon....hinders chest movements greatly

No pec tear, but I do get pain through my arm and armpit which I believe is some tendinitis in my bicep tendon....hinders chest movements greatly
Can someone ban this retard? He's spamming every thread on the forum with irrelevant posts :banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws