advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for whom take any prescription stimulants?

before I took adderall I had people warn me not to take it. A lot of people I knew took ritalin and adderall and although it helped them they regretted taking it. It does help. It will make you interested in things that would otherwise not normally interest you- like school. But it is only slightly beneficial. If you are so ADD you are failing out of school you SHOULD take it. But to just gain an edge, don't. I did and I regretted it. You WILL become addicted to it, and then you can't function without it. I would use it for exams, only on a very limited basis. The more you take it the more you get accustomed to it so its benefits go away. would NOT reccomend.

Yea the withdrawal from it sucks. Took a good couple weeks. Headaches, lethargy are a couple symptoms

since ive gotten it ive been doing eod with 2 doses of the 27mg, its a nice little pep up more so in the earlier part of the day,

im trying to find more studies on the effect on the cns, anyof yall know much on it, im wondering if it would compare to how lifting would like you need that day of rest? any of yall taking it reguraly, ARE you still getting stronger?

I was on it for a year when i was in college and it works wonders with focus and remembering 20mg ex i would take it mon through sat and sunday i would not take it and you can really feel when you are not takeing it, sleepy, no motive, ect but i would not say that it is as addcitive as some say i have been off for over 2 years now with no problems or wanting to take some. I guess it depends on the person

I started taking ADD meds when I was a junior in HS, this was about 7 years ago. I was put on a new drug at the time, Straterra, which is a non stimulant ADD medication. I'll say that in some ways it helped, but last year I had my doc switch me off of it to Adderall XR 30mg, and I've noticed a leaps and bounds difference in my ability to focus long term. My night-classes at college are 4 hours long, and paying attention for such longer periods of time can be hard for ANYONE, especially someone who is actually diagnosed, and truly has ADD/ADHD. As far as the side effects go with this medication, I have been used to my eating and training regimen long before I began using Adderall. Thus, I really did not notice any change in my appetite, I didn't lose any weight, and it did not negatively impact my training in any way that I can see. I've always tried my hardest to focus as much as possible in the gym, its a short period of time so even with ADHD it's never been much of a problem for me. So with or without Adderall, I'm able to keep my head on straight in the gym. I'll agree with a earlier poster, Dbol + Adderall = headaches. I really hated my last cycle because of it. And honestly I had no idea that the two combined caused this, I thought honestly it was just the Dbol, but I haven't had this issue with Dbol before. Took hawthorne and some other supplements, I thought perhaps it was blood pressure related, and I'm still not exactly sure why the combo did what it did, but I doubt I'll be using Dbol again in the future if I'm still taking Adderall. One of the listed sides of Adderall is muscle weakness but I'm not sure what exactly that means or how it is caused, but my strength is still steadily climbing, so I can't comment there, I don't notice any difference personally. Don't take Adderall if you arent diagnosed by a reputable doctor. They have tests that they make you complete that will aid in showing them what your attention span and memory are like to help in the diagnosis. If you don't have ADD or ADHD and take Adderall, it will make you feel totally wired and you'll bounce off the walls like someone who has undiagnosed ADHD, basically. Adderall gives me focus and energy, but I am still reserved and calm for the most part, I wouldn't take it if it turned me into a jittery caffeine-junky looking kind of guy. PS - as for the addictive nature of this drug, yes I'm sure it can be, based on your personality and genetic disposition. I have never had addiction problems, but because my body is used to the drug, if I don't take it for (1) day I will develop a massive withdrawal headache, which REALLY sucks. Coming down off of this drug at some point will be a very not-fun experience.

if I don't take it for (1) day I will develop a massive withdrawal headache, which REALLY sucks. Coming down off of this drug at some point will be a very not-fun experience.

Yea, that always freaked me out. It felt like a hangover headache and one big hangover in general when taking only 1 day off

one thing to ask yourself does the benefit outweigh the risk. for me the benefit of helping me concentrate for longer period of times did not outweigh the fact that I got addicted to it. I think if you don't have an addictive personality you can take it and be fine, but if you do, then watch out. I don't want to get too scientific but I'd say if you are super ADD it could give you a 100 points on the SAT (atleast the old on a scale of 1600). For me it probably would have helped me 50 or 75 points, don't really know because I didn't take it when they had the SAT a long time ago. Just don't think it's necessary unless you are failing out of school or are so ADD you just can't function.

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I've been taking Adderall XR for several years because I have ADD, for real, lol. Ask the ex-wife. Anyway, Adderall has made an incredible difference when it comes to staying better focused at work among other things. I haven't really had any BP issues when taking any super-sup, but I haven't tried d-bol yet while using the Adderall. I stopped taking it twice over the years (while on vacations), and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms or problems at all, and I skip it on weekends or some days here and there, 'just because'. No problems. The doc told me that most, not all, but most people with ADD/ADHD, tend not to suffer withdrawal symptoms or problems, just as someone with ADD doesn't ever actually become 'used to' the drug, meaning they don't get to a point where it Adderall won't have an effect, because it simply gets you to a point where you're 'normal' or close to it. Supposedly. Anyway, that's what the doc told me and that's been my experience. Don't blindly run to a doctor trying to get Adderall, take the tests and then sit through an 'interview' with a doctor. (No problems with appetite, libido, etc.)

For someone who doesn't have ADD, I'm sure Epoxy's remarks are correct in that you'll be bouncing off the walls. I was on Adderall while taking Superdrol back in my PH days and didn't have any BP problems per se, but maybe that's because I was hitting the hills and bike for HIIT two and three days a week, at least, during that cycle. A lot of other people say they had BP issues with SD, but I don't know how it compares to dbol when it comes to this type of side. But I believe it's possible that cardio will help counter at least some of a possible rise in BP when taking dbol with stims like Adderall or Ritalin. Any doctors out there, chime in.

I may be taking dbol with (to kick off) a fall hiking expedition. If I do, and I encounter any sides that may be related to the Adderall being taken at the same time, I'll report in! And if I have to give one of them up to get through the cycle, it'll be a little vacation from the Adderall, lol.

I am prescribed 10mg adderol. I break it in half and use it 4x a week preworkout (so <2> 10mg pills a week) I noticed better workouts, fat loss and appetite suppression. But I have no problem forcing shakes and grilled chicken down and no inclination towards abuse + I look better so I think its a great supplement. I wash 5mg down with 1/3 of a NO Pumped speed stack and sip the other 2/3 during my workout. I do not crash til hours after.

less is more with adderall. i felt high on the 20's or 30's but the lesser stuff get's you less high and it doesn't alter your personality.

for me being on 7.5 mg was like just barely enough to know I was on something, but still helped me concentrate longer. anything more than 20 and i was a zombie.

i think if you are legitimately add/adhd 20 mg or higher will actually make you "normal," but for me less was more. wish I started out on less as opposed to the 15's which turned into 30 mg time released.

i think i was feeling it may have actaully been making me a little to edgey and not helping me concentrate, but its hard to tell u know, just now expermenting

Ive had Severe ADD for years Finally here a few years ago (age 30) I went to a doctor to see if there was any medicinal solution. It was really starting to effect me @ work .... even my boss told me that I reminded him of his son that had severe ADD.

The Doc prescribed me 40mg Of Adderall XR daily.
Let me tell you strait from the mouth of a SEVERE case of adult ADD/ADHD , that this medicine made quality of life go up 110% for me.

I remember the first time I took it........
25 minutes after it went "down the chute" I was at my kids school to pick them up waiting for the bell to ring. I noticed that I had gotten goose bumps all over my arms, my scalp, shoulders, face & neck .... all over really. Next thing I noticed was that my shoulder, neck & back muscles had relaxed.....
I remember YAWNING. Next came a very sharp clarity of thought followed by the ability to focus & prioritize everything that I was thinking about or looking at. I had a smile that wouldn't go away. It felt (to this day still does) as if it had enabled me to relax or calm down.

Normally this is a stressful & frustrating time for me (picking up kids) & I always dread this because all my wife's friends always want to walk over to me & talk to me & ask questions or chat....... now this wouldn't be such a bad thing IF THEY WEREN'T ALL TALKING TO ME AT ONCE. (Torture for a severe ADD)
BUT in this instance I could listen to , compute & respond in a sensible manor while simultaneously listening to the other 3 or four lady's telling me something or asking a question. Then I could respond to each & every one of them & ask questions back.

This might sound really silly to some of ya'll, but for me this medication really made all aspects of life better for me.
Just my two sense

Oh ..... and if you can make yourself eat good with Adderall XR...... a LOW dose of Test E + 40 to 60mgs of Var a day = ABSOLUTELY(make the girlys trip over lawn-chairs at the pool) RIPPED .......... :D

some people hate adderall, some people love it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take 40 but the way that they're supposed to do it is start off on as low a dose as possible. I started on 15, not timed release. Got it from a friend, had a great experience like you. Then my doctor who I was going to get it from wanted me to try 10, see if that did the trick. Since I started on 15, I felt like the 10 didn't do as much for me. I think more will affect you more, but less might be better. I'm glad you had a good experience but 40 (even though it's time released) is a shit ton.

Not a fan of Adderall. Makes me feel extremely wired and uncomfortable.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear