over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions on Gear, Supps etc..

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys.. anyone with these types of questions can give me a hollar through PM...

I have been around the block a while... im 40 years old and a typical family guy... wife and 2 kids, took one season off from competing since 2002.. .

And i dont live in the gym.. I believe in keeping things short yet effective...
I dont believe in over complicating things..

I love training people to have that super conditioned physique.. or take it to the next level...

If you had some questions about gear and other stuff that you dont want people to read.. drop me a pm..

i will do my best to give you the best answer

Last edited:
What supps would you recommend for a bodybuilder between cycles? For example, the guy that does one simple 12 - 16 week cycle per year.

In your opinion, what would be essential supplementation when the bodybuilder mentioned in my example is not on cycle?

Thanks for any advice... Also, let's say this bodybuilder is around 40 with 15 years of on/off lifting... Last 2 years on solid and very dedicated...

What supps would you recommend for a bodybuilder between cycles? For example, the guy that does one simple 12 - 16 week cycle per year.

In your opinion, what would be essential supplementation when the bodybuilder mentioned in my example is not on cycle?

Thanks for any advice... Also, let's say this bodybuilder is around 40 with 15 years of on/off lifting... Last 2 years on solid and very dedicated...

This is great because time off your cycle is a good time to get more from your over the counter supplements...

Personally i would stick to basics a multi vitamine, glutamine , aminos and some creatine post workout.. also glutamine with aminos before bed...

Im not into weight gaining products or meal replacements.. also like to eat my carbs not drink them..

if I am having a hard time getting in carbs that make me feel full and recovered faster...is it ok to add 100g malto (split into two doses) during the day? Alongside two meal with 30g complex carbs 40g protein?

It helps me tremendously get my strength goals...am fairly lean while doing this for a month now...is there a problem for me to be drinking 100g malto a day???

if I am having a hard time getting in carbs that make me feel full and recovered faster...is it ok to add 100g malto (split into two doses) during the day? Alongside two meal with 30g complex carbs 40g protein?

It helps me tremendously get my strength goals...am fairly lean while doing this for a month now...is there a problem for me to be drinking 100g malto a day???

it doesnt sound like theres a problem..especially since you have been doing so for about a month now .. sounds like its working for you...

This is great because time off your cycle is a good time to get more from your over the counter supplements...

Personally i would stick to basics a multi vitamine, glutamine , aminos and some creatine post workout.. also glutamine with aminos before bed...

Im not into weight gaining products or meal replacements.. also like to eat my carbs not drink them..

How long do you recommend using creatine... can that just be a routine supplement with no time off? I haven't used it for some time now. I will add glutamine in to the mix. I already take BCAAs throughout the day and the other supps for health and longevity. I just started COQ10.

How long do you recommend using creatine... can that just be a routine supplement with no time off? I haven't used it for some time now. I will add glutamine in to the mix. I already take BCAAs throughout the day and the other supps for health and longevity. I just started COQ10.

Honestly.. i think you will benefit from the creatine I would buy 3 months worth and see if you feel its worth it..... especially if you have not used it in some time . I tend to cycle stuff like this.. but Bcaas and Glutamine are a staple.

Fasted cardio, what is your thought on this? Is it better to take some BCAA's pre-cardio or is it best to just be 100% empty?

Fasted cardio, what is your thought on this? Is it better to take some BCAA's pre-cardio or is it best to just be 100% empty?

I would use the bcaas and glutamine.. and not trying to brag away here .. but i have done it many times.. probably 9 years of fasted cardio for 12 weeks at a time. 3-4am most of the time...

I start my day so early.. i have to really want get up even extra early to do fasted cardio ...For me.. i have to have a show or something to push me to do it....

but it can get you lean... this was the last time i did my cardio fasted..

Attachments

• alex2weeksout.jpg
    alex2weeksout.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Honestly.. i think you will benefit from the creatine I would buy 3 months worth and see if you feel its worth it..... especially if you have not used it in some time . I tend to cycle stuff like this.. but Bcaas and Glutamine are a staple.

hey alex, what about leucine? I have been taking 10g leucine in AM and with some meals to increase protein synthesis. Is this beneficial? Is this what the glutamine does in your system?

I didnt want to go through all the supps out there and debate weather they are good or bad.

Im just kinda going through the esntials that i have found usefull in my own diets and training... As for gear.. i keep it off the board

well i was just wonderin how much of a diff in GI is there from ezekiel bread vs quick oats. im having trouble drinking my pre WO shake witch has 1 cup oats in it because ive been having a shake like this for a long time and im getting kinda sick of it. just wondering how much worse the bread would be vs qick oats. and i take this shake at work about 30 mins before i train so i really dont wanna eat too much whole food before i train cuz it make me feel too bloated. thanks for any advise

well i was just wonderin how much of a diff in GI is there from ezekiel bread vs quick oats. im having trouble drinking my pre WO shake witch has 1 cup oats in it because ive been having a shake like this for a long time and im getting kinda sick of it. just wondering how much worse the bread would be vs qick oats. and i take this shake at work about 30 mins before i train so i really dont wanna eat too much whole food before i train cuz it make me feel too bloated. thanks for any advise

Hey bud... ezekial bread is great.. 15 grams of carbs per slice... so you can have 3 slices of ezekial bread and still save yourself 5 carbs as opposed to the 1 cup oats which has 50 grams of carbs... so its pretty much a wash.. i would take the ezekial.. it migh be more filling but thats ok, eating then training within 30 min.. shouldnt be a problem..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131