over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

quick foods, minimal cooking

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
anyone else rely heavily on shakes, protein bars(quest are amazing), pre-cooked chicken you can microwave/canned chicken breast, tuna, eggs/whites, fruits, oatmeal, bread and things that dont require much preparation? ill be honest im just so damn lazy when it comes to preparing food:eek:. i find myself eating the above, and eating out/getting take out fairly often...just being real

Last edited:
No

When life gets hectic I find I live on shakes :) But they are delicious and nutritious :)

crock pots, tupperwares and freezer. GOLD

Cooking can be a pain in the ass but I have found the crock pot to be my best friend. I'm not a super good griller, I usually overcook everything. That is almost impossible in the crock pot. Just throw some meat and veggies in there, or meat with a little liquid and let it cook for 6-8 hours.

I'm going to get a rice cooker this week too, just seems like it will be way easier than constantly boiling water.
Also, Trader Joes has this frozen jasmin rice that is like 4 bucks a box with 3 2 cup bags in it. All you do is throw the bag in the micro for 3 minutes and BAM 2 cups cooked rice. It's good too.

I think shakes are good but I try to only do up to 2 per day or I my guts hate me. Even with iso or hydro whey.
Be careful with that canned stuff, I don't think it's real high quality and sometimes as a shit ton of sodium in it.

Nope..... that just comes down to poor preparation.....just being real. :cool:

Quest bars have actually become part of my cheat meal.....I don't have em any other time

Last edited:
Having worked in the supplement industry for 15 years now, I can tell you eating shakes and bars all day will NOT be the best way to eat and that having a good concentration 60% or more of whole foods is important for bodybuilding purposes. Cooking your own food gives you more control over what goes into your body, bars tend to have all sorts of hidden shit inside them no matter what that label says.
Cooking and cleaning may seem like a bane to some people but after a while its just like breathing for me, I just do it and I dont mind the tupperware and dragging the food around with me.

I don't really care for the bars or any brand. When I do shakes, I use liquid egg whites mixed with a scoop of protein powder.

As far as the canned foods go, I'll be honest, I have them on hand just in case of an emergency, running late, ect...

Yes, I struggle with this same thing. Lots of chicken, rice, bars..shakes...

thanks for the responses thus far fellas

I know this thread is supposed to be focused on easy prep, whole clean meals/foods. However, when I am hectic at work or on the road and need to hit some macros mid afternoon, there is only one protein bar I choose. QUEST. Compare the ingredients and nutrition info to other bars out there, no comparison. They have some great flavors too. Vitacost has them cheap. A clean Tupperware meal is always best but sometimes that won't work.

Last edited:
I opt for a can of tuna over a shake or a protein bar.

for me shakes are ok for maintaining but not so much for growing.

I do a can a beans every now and then.

I know this thread is supposed to be focused on easy prep, whole clean meals/foods. However, when I am hectic at work or on the road and need to hit some macros mid afternoon, there is only one protein bar I choose. QUEST. Compare the ingredients and nutrition info to other bars out there, no comparison. They have some great flavors too. Vitacost has them cheap. A clean Tupperware meal is always best but sometimes that won't work.

ya they dont seem too bad at all really....i find myself eating 2 a day usually. i mean they have art sweeteners in them, but lets not open that can of worms:rolleyes:. btw amazon has them cheap as well

Last edited:
I do what Mark Dugdale does in this video and keep a pot of beef crumbles in the fridge so I can mix it in with some eggs, a salad or just eat it in a bowl. You can use a variety of herbs and spices to change up flavors and it is so easy and doesn't take much time. I'll do this 5 pounds at a time in a big pot.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bra8EB2zYKQ"]Mark Dugdale's offseason diet - YouTube[/ame]

I also just throw a bunch of food on the grill, take a few minutes per side and done. I'll dice chicken portions and put them in baggies in the freezer and when freezing, I always add a little sodium free chicken broth to the chicken to prevent drying when it is reheated

Rice cookers are awesome... I'll set mine when I leave and then I have steamed rice after I get back from work and the gym.

Wake up first thing in the am and throw a couple chicken breasts in the oven. Throw 2 cups of rice in rice cooker.
Shave
Throw a pound of ground beef in a pan, and a few pieces of turkey bacon on the griddle.
Shower
Finish up the ground beef, turkey bacon, and pull rice out of cooker.
Boil some water and throw a few cups of frozen vegetables in.
Cook some eggs and pull chicken out of over.
About one hour and a days worth of fresh food, clean shave and clean body.

I do what Mark Dugdale does in this video and keep a pot of beef crumbles in the fridge so I can mix it in with some eggs, a salad or just eat it in a bowl. You can use a variety of herbs and spices to change up flavors and it is so easy and doesn't take much time. I'll do this 5 pounds at a time in a big pot.

Mark Dugdale's offseason diet - YouTube

I also just throw a bunch of food on the grill, take a few minutes per side and done. I'll dice chicken portions and put them in baggies in the freezer and when freezing, I always add a little sodium free chicken broth to the chicken to prevent drying when it is reheated

Rice cookers are awesome... I'll set mine when I leave and then I have steamed rice after I get back from work and the gym.

Very good video. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone knows what brand of green beans those are? They seem to be already cooked but not frozen?

i guess im just one of the lazy ones when it comes to cooking lol. i just dont like doing it. aside from grilling, and scrambling eggs:D there isnt much cooking for me tbh

I try to avoid pre-packaged foods because (1) they are expensive and (2) they are usually full of sodium and/or preservatives. But you don't have to be super industrious or a gourmet to prep meals if you cook in bulk. A week's worth of chicken breast can be cooked in under an hour, rice can be steamed in 20 minutes, and potatoes and broccoli can be microwaved in 5 minutes. I keep a week of meals in tupperware in the fridge, and then just grab what I need for the day when I head out. It takes a little advance planning, but it is actually a lot easier than having to figure out what to eat at every meal. Also, I found that the trick to sticking to my diet is to have meals ready in advance because I'm much more likely to cheat/eat junk if I have to look for food/cook when I'm hungry.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws