over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quick metformin question

usd610

Registered
Currently have metformin hcl 850mg that I am taking right before bed. Does anyone know if the 850mg tablets are extended release and if they are not would taking them pre bed still have a benefit.

The mg wouldn't give any indication if they are extended release or not. Not to be a dick but it kinda sounds like you need to do more research for your own benefit.

Actually for pharmaceutical gloucophage the mg would have Some indication of it being xr(extended release) or not.

Last edited:
If the box says extended release, then it is. Else it is not.

I have seen both the boxes and it clearly state which is what.

hey guys quick question

im drinking diet pepsi...anyone know if it has caffeine or no?

Currently have metformin hcl 850mg that I am taking right before bed. Does anyone know if the 850mg tablets are extended release and if they are not would taking them pre bed still have a benefit.

Box or the wrapper which comes with the pills would say it. I have sustained release and its plastered all over it that its sustained release.

Came in a prescription bottle. So I'm guessing not sustained releasesincenitndoesnt say it anywherel. For the other part of the question. Does that mean that there is no benefit to taking it before bed. That's what my coach has me doing currently. All the research I have done has pointed me toward utilizing the extended relief pre bed. Is there still a benefit without the extended release. Just trying to understand a little more about how it works and why I'm taking it when i am. My coach said he has me taking it then because that is when glucose is the highest.

Came in a prescription bottle. So I'm guessing not sustained releasesincenitndoesnt say it anywherel. For the other part of the question. Does that mean that there is no benefit to taking it before bed. That's what my coach has me doing currently. All the research I have done has pointed me toward utilizing the extended relief pre bed. Is there still a benefit without the extended release. Just trying to understand a little more about how it works and why I'm taking it when i am. My coach said he has me taking it then because that is when glucose is the highest.

You're fine doing what you're doing brother. Keep taking it nightly as you are. Don't overthink it too much.

Can anyone recommend a good GDA to take that's OTC to compliment the metformin through your the day.

850 is the xr.

Metformin's most beneficial effects are cumulative, through an increase in AMPk. When you take it is not as important as continuing to take it. At bed is fine. I recommend to those taking 1000mg in split doses of 500 am and PM, or 850 xr at any point during the day prior to a large meal.

Can anyone recommend a good GDA to take that's OTC to compliment the metformin through your the day.
Are you testing your blood glucose numbers before throwing these things in?
They must be pretty bad if you're wanting to use metformin and GDAs.

Issue with GDAs is there is no definitive, conclusive research to show what cells these compounds are shuttling nutrients to... Could be both fat cells and muscle cells. I personally think if you don't need them, save your money.

Assuming you're going to use them anyway, R-ALA is your best choice. It is a strong antioxidant as well.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/131054-daily-metformin-users.html

metformin can start working within a week or two and i take it in the morning and before my last meal. as i have stated in five or six other metformin threads GI upsets can deter some. eating a banana or oatmeal early in the day, again near dinner solved that, just one or the other did it for me. if you take this with a high amount of simple carbs - you can expect some very loose bowels movements. it takes a couple of hours to fully absorb and lasts around five hours.

again from the many threads on metformin - it needs to build up in your system. the cumulative effect on a multitude of things including fighting cancers is well known.

everyone’s different and it takes some experimenting to find what pattern (morning, mid-day, midnight) works best for you. once it builds up in your system it prevents the liver from dumping more glucose into the blood. the metformin works by bypassing CRTC2 and directly telling the liver cells to hold the sugar. it also makes your body more sensitive to the insulin that your pancreas naturally releases.

what is CRTC2:
**broken link removed**

Points to remember:
-blocks some carbs in stomach if taken before meals.
-inhibits liver from making glucose.
-This results in less insulin day in day out and that will increase your sensitivity to it.

"Metformin reduces blood glucose levels primarily by suppressing glucose formation in the liver (hepatic gluconeogenesis) For most it rarely has the no side effect of hypoglycaemia /low blood sugar. (do read about supplementing b12 and CoQ10 to offset negative side effect of metformin depleting them)

do not drink diet pepsi with metformin. stick to root beer walkway.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/131054-daily-metformin-users.html

metformin can start working within a week or two and i take it in the morning and before my last meal. as i have stated in five or six other metformin threads GI upsets can deter some. eating a banana or oatmeal early in the day, again near dinner solved that, just one or the other did it for me. if you take this with a high amount of simple carbs - you can expect some very loose bowels movements. it takes a couple of hours to fully absorb and lasts around five hours.

again from the many threads on metformin - it needs to build up in your system. the cumulative effect on a multitude of things including fighting cancers is well known.

everyone’s different and it takes some experimenting to find what pattern (morning, mid-day, midnight) works best for you. once it builds up in your system it prevents the liver from dumping more glucose into the blood. the metformin works by bypassing CRTC2 and directly telling the liver cells to hold the sugar. it also makes your body more sensitive to the insulin that your pancreas naturally releases.

what is CRTC2:
**broken link removed**

Points to remember:
-blocks some carbs in stomach if taken before meals.
-inhibits liver from making glucose.
-This results in less insulin day in day out and that will increase your sensitivity to it.

"Metformin reduces blood glucose levels primarily by suppressing glucose formation in the liver (hepatic gluconeogenesis) For most it rarely has the no side effect of hypoglycaemia /low blood sugar. (do read about supplementing b12 and CoQ10 to offset negative side effect of metformin depleting them)

do not drink diet pepsi with metformin. stick to root beer walkway.

If it builds up in your system wouldn't it essentially block some carbs from all meals regardless when you take it? Or will it only block carbs during the 6hr active life of the standard version?

Don`t use any diet drinks containing artificial sweetener, it will damage you villi.

You are probably too late. I have a feeling Little Slices villi is damaged and beyond repair.

If it builds up in your system wouldn't it essentially block some carbs from all meals regardless when you take it? Or will it only block carbs during the 6hr active life of the standard version?

FUN FACT FOR THE DAY: metformin blocks the aromatase enzyme

Now back to addressing the specific question:

your question, if i understand you is will metformin block some carbs because of a cumulative effect or will carb glucose spiking be impeded only within it's half life of about 6.2 hours? previously this has been brought up in the other multiple metformin threads and we have yet to have any definitive answer from an endoctrine source. they either have no metformin answer to report or have no interest to post on pm. we know that it's not a medication you take a couple times a week and expect it's other hallmarks of combating colon, uterus, prostate cancers and broad-spectrum anti-aging properties to take effect.

i suggest buying a glucose meter on ebay and test it for yourself. here's my extensive research and how it impacted me on a normal sunny day in the middle of last week in panama city beach: metformin's cumulative potency DID NOT not stave off a bag of peanut m and m's from driving up my blood glucose levels after withholding my daily metformin dose for 24 hours. to some degree other carbs such as milk, sweet potatoes and black beans WERE blunted as blood glucose readings never rose with those foods as was seen in prior experimentation without metformin. my opinion is it can closely parallel the taking of 81mg aspirin long term for it's proven protections.

daily metformin along with a low carb diet, walking and any sort of cardio should be your first go to step to lower blood glucose. remember too, sitting for long periods reading and writing on forums can be as bad as smoking. now this answers none of which you wanted and there's no ground breaking info to be found in my post, however i feel a hell of a lot better instead of having stood on the sideline.

what else can be written that hasn't been stated in the many pm metformin threads:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/articles-forum/1193-glucophage-metformin-info.html

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZu4UYrqoUE"]Metformin Part 2: How Does it Work? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I will learn to post youtube videos one day...................

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws