over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quitting Adderall/time off gym/ restore adrenals

Didn't even know this was an issue. I've been taking 20mg adderall XR 2x daily for about two years. If I don't need it, I don't take it and have never had any problems whether its a day or a week at a time.

Knew/know tons of college students that abuse it and never heard of anything like this either. IME cold turkey is best for most things because I'd rather get it over with (benzos were the worst things Ive ever had withdraws from a few times when I had to take them for short periods) but I've quit heavy drinking, dipping, benzos cold turkey every time. Might suck but IMO it comes down to being weak minded. I have always hated the idea of having a weak mind. With the xanax, I hardly slept for 2 weeks and was boarder-line suicidal on a daily basis just for a few symptoms but just reminded myself it was the drugs and not me.

Also- to the guys who say its a disease...just no. Type 1 diabetes is a disease you are born with and cannot control. Type 2 diabetes is being lazy. An alcoholic can decide to take another drink or not. Someone with multiple sclerosis can't decide not to be in pain.

edit- I guess some medical definitions of "disease" are convoluted. IMO there is a difference between an addiction and a disease.

Last edited:
Didn't even know this was an issue. I've been taking 20mg adderall XR 2x daily for about two years. If I don't need it, I don't take it and have never had any problems whether its a day or a week at a time.

Knew/know tons of college students that abuse it and never heard of anything like this either. IME cold turkey is best for most things because I'd rather get it over with (benzos were the worst things Ive ever had withdraws from a few times when I had to take them for short periods) but I've quit heavy drinking, dipping, benzos cold turkey every time. Might suck but IMO it comes down to being weak minded. I have always hated the idea of having a weak mind. With the xanax, I hardly slept for 2 weeks and was boarder-line suicidal on a daily basis just for a few symptoms but just reminded myself it was the drugs and not me.

Also- to the guys who say its a disease...just no. Type 1 diabetes is a disease you are born with and cannot control. Type 2 diabetes is being lazy. An alcoholic can decide to take another drink or not. Someone with multiple sclerosis can't decide not to be in pain.

edit- I guess some medical definitions of "disease" are convoluted. IMO there is a difference between an addiction and a disease.

Cold turkey benzodiazepines is a bad idea. Potential grand mal seizure. Potential death.

One of my neighbors quit drinking cold turkey and landed in the hospital, nearly died. Just throwing that out there.

But hey, that's an extreme example. For the most part, you're right.

So I'm pretty much stuck at my 15mg 3x per day dose. I've had a few days where I took an extra 15mg which was a mistake because the next day going back to just 3 15's felt much weaker. My psychologist said he may have me try taking wellbutrin. I've been on 20mg lexapro for about 5 years. Dropped it to 10mg a few months ago. He said lexapro hits on serotonin but Wellbutrin his on norepinephrine and dopamine and mildly on serotonin so it's hitting all 3 which adderall does but doesn't carry the side effects adderall does. Anyone have experience with it? Worth adding it or not?

Seems like this is more of an addiction thread than adrenal issues at this point but my advice, like others would be to wean yourself off... Do your normal 2 doses then for the 3rd cut the last in half and go from there.

Theanine will help with dopamine. In your case a caffeine free source would probably be best.

Adderal is an amphetamine salt no? What helps meth heads? Not that you are one...

There is an old article on T-gaytion JM wrote about restoring adrenals. There were 3-4 things he mentioned but DEEP sleep he said had the biggest impact on him and 300mg 5HTP was a huge help to him.

I have had adrenal issues the last 5 years. If you're under producing cortisol, you feel then Licorice root extract increases the half life of naturally produced cortisol with out putting more strain on the adrenals themselves

There is no cure for addiction trust me... I've been addicted to many things throughout my life.. You have to want it deep down inside but you will always fight those demons on a daily basis. Some days better than others but it will always be there. Taking pills or supplements for the sickness is just a waste of time. Abstinence and building a strong mind is the only cure.. Cold turkey like I heard some guy say in this thread.....

Yes at this point im no longer concerned about restoring adrenals. First I need to kick this adderall addiction. What really sucks is when the adderall leaves my system I feel achy and flu like. I feel they way every morning until I take my addy and then it goes away. But here is something weird. 1000mg ibprophen also takes the flu/achy feeling away.

Yes at this point im no longer concerned about restoring adrenals. First I need to kick this adderall addiction. What really sucks is when the adderall leaves my system I feel achy and flu like. I feel they way every morning until I take my addy and then it goes away. But here is something weird. 1000mg ibprophen also takes the flu/achy feeling away.

The physical symptoms will slowly go away. It just takes time. Then it turns into a mental thing. It's a constant struggle. Your brain chemistry will probably never get fully back to normal. Like I said even after the physical withdrawal. It will turn into a mental withdrawal. It's always going to stay with you. It gets better tho as each day passes. It really does. Keep a strong mind. I wish u the best of luck seriously. I've been there. You can do it. Find something to motivate you if not just for your own well being

Last edited:
Narcotics cannot still the tooth
That nibbles at the soul
-Emily Dickinson

You can do this 'thebigone'. I know you can. It just takes time and patience.
We are all here for you, are on your side, to support you in your time of need.
Pleasure and pain are inextricably connected and integral to this process. It
is one day at a time, live in the moment, live in each breath you take if that helps . . .

Id be following this man. I have ocd and adhd. Been on adderall since highschool Im 28 now Ive cut back on the mg over the last 3-4 years down to 20 mg xr a day. I take them when I really need em like 4x a week. I cant function without them and am in no way shape or form to stop right now. I just started a new job and am trying to graduate cop police starting soon.

I wish you the best if you need anything Message me man will talk I tryed to go cold turkey once I was in my room for 2 weeks i wasnt was the same person at all. I have addiction but it balances my adhd so im ok with it.

I use to take this stuff do they still make it? To help reset andrenals

Attachments

• Reset_AD_BO.jpg
    Reset_AD_BO.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 200
I was scripted addies during college and of course being a college student I over did it as any college kid would. I got taken off it abruptly after graduating which kinda sucked as my doc just didnt think it was necessary anymore. I was on 90mg/day for couple years and even tho there were days I only took 30mg there was also days I took 120mg if not more. I was cold turkey from 90mg (IR not XR) and I literally could not keep my eyelids open without holding them open with my fingers, no lie. It was only at that level for maybe the first 3 days or so, but it was fucking brutal for 12-14 days. I was so effing tired I couldn't function at work. Totally sucked. Tried ECA stack as well as Phentermine neither did a thing for me during that time period. However after 2 weeks I was totally fine. Subsequently 5 years later or so I ended up getting scripted Vyvanse for concentration at work now but these days (being 30) I can responsibly take it and use 50mg of that on days I need it. Not that any that matters really to you, but trust me the first 3 days sucked ass but days 4-14 were doable. Just at least try an get ahold of some ephedrine or something to try an keep ur eyes open or take a vacay.

Well I've had the flu the past 5 days so I've only been using about 20-30mg. We will see if I can keep it at that when I'm better. That would be great.

Eh adderall is great for cutting but the vasoconstriction rrally hindered my pumps. I try sticking with coffee and good diet. Dont get me wrong, I got shredded with 40mg adderral a day but it blew coming off..

This is why I never liked lifting while on Adderall. The lack of pumps made my workouts feel ineffective and because of the vasoconstriction doing heavy ass weight on the leg press or squatting only to get up and have zero vision in one of my eyes scared the shit out of me. I breath properly during my sets so we can preclude all the well "well breath dummy and don't hold your breath" comments.

EDIT: Just wanted to add I have high hopes for a product that is being released really soon that can help one recover from the damage amphetamines cause, and is highly regarded by one of this board's most reputable members.

Last edited:
This is why I never liked lifting while on Adderall. The lack of pumps made my workouts feel ineffective and because of the vasoconstriction doing heavy ass weight on the leg press or squatting only to get up and have zero vision in one of my eyes scared the shit out of me. I breath properly during my sets so we can preclude all the well "well breath dummy and don't hold your breath" comments.

EDIT: Just wanted to add I have high hopes for a product that is being released really soon that can help one recover from the damage amphetamines cause, and is highly regarded by one of this board's most reputable members.

please do share when it comes out

Perhaps you can share a bit more? That product at least piqued my curiosity.

Doesnt Emeric have some product thats supposed to be good for adrenals?

Forget the name...

I purchased this stuff today

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 146

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly