over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

quitting alcohol cold turkey question

It depends on how much alcohol you drink... Alcohol is about the only substance you can die from when having withdrawals.. If you don't have tremors after not drinking then its pretty much mind over matter.. You have to not want to drink. All the therapy and 12 step programs aren't going to help you if your truly not ready to quit... Severe alcohol withdrawals needs medical care

I've been sober for 5 years so I understand what you are going thru. Call around and get yourself some Kratom. They probably sell it at the vapor shops in your town. Buy about 20 bucks worth and take 3 grams every 4 hours. This will help immensely. Pm me if you have any questions. Google kratom to educate your self.

AA meetings saved my life. I went to one everysingle day for 90 days.

just found a smoke shop that has it close to me

did you drink it or just chew it?

I will also echo what others have said about meetings, they are a must. You will find people trying to do the same thing as you for one day at a time and that is stay away from the first sucker drink. If you can stay away from one drink, for one day, then you are a success!

I've been sober for 5 years so I understand what you are going thru. Call around and get yourself some Kratom. They probably sell it at the vapor shops in your town. Buy about 20 bucks worth and take 3 grams every 4 hours. This will help immensely. Pm me if you have any questions. Google kratom to educate your self.

AA meetings saved my life. I went to one everysingle day for 90 days.

Not the best advise. Kratom is addicting and could create another issue he doesn't need.

Hey Bro
I've had other members on this board reach out to me asking for advise on how to get off the withdrawals from this stuff.

Please don't get yourself hooked on something else.

You can make it in to a tea and drink it. I suggest using hot water and lemon to soften it up, otherwise it's extremely gritty in taste.

Addictions are horrible things to have in so many ways. You are too young to waste your life away on alcohol and I sincerely hope you get the help you need and desire:)

Last edited:

I pour it my mouth with some juice and just drink it.
Like renewal said, just make sure you don't continue using it after a week or so.
Not the best advise. Kratom is addicting and could create another issue he doesn't need.

Well, when I stopped drinking , I was given valium to help my withdrawals. He will need something to help him feel better. His best bet is to go to rehab, but if that's not an option, I believe kratom will help.

again this is good advice :yeahthat:. talk to people, go to meetings. don't take something to make you feel better, that doesn't work. I have 14 years clean and sober. listen to renewlyf

ive done the whole meeting thing and can never find people i relate too i just moved to a new area so Im gonna concentrate on m y work and hittin the gym and see if i can do it without meetings

just by meeting new people that are into the same things i am

ive done the whole meeting thing and can never find people i relate too i just moved to a new area so Im gonna concentrate on m y work and hittin the gym and see if i can do it without meetings

just by meeting new people that are into the same things i am

Doing it alone is one of the hardest things to do. Accountability is key here....withdraw makes you lie to your self.

Good luck bro! Hit as many meetings as you can and don't use. It will get better every day. I remember kicking opiates and the only thing that kept me from going back is I knew it would get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im just thinking right now if i didnt waste all of that money in the past on alcohol and at bars how much healthy food and supps i couldve bought i would be a monster right now

im just thinking right now if i didnt waste all of that money in the past on alcohol and at bars how much healthy food and supps i couldve bought i would be a monster right now

i'd worry about getting sober before you worry about that kinda stuff. whats done is done

I pour it my mouth with some juice and just drink it.
Like renewal said, just make sure you don't continue using it after a week or so.

Well, when I stopped drinking , I was given valium to help my withdrawals. He will need something to help him feel better. His best bet is to go to rehab, but if that's not an option, I believe kratom will help.

Needing something to feel better is the problem!
In rehab they will only give him valium if his tremours are extremly bad. That is what i experienced in the mulitiple rehabs Ive been in. County detox will had it out like candy. That is where I first was given Adivan to "help" me detox from alcohol. I just got addicted to that because I didn't do anything to help me get past the need for something to "make" me feel good. So in a matter of days i was taking Adivan and drinking and what ever else I could get my hands on.

I tried every other way to get sober, if you can think of it I treid it. The only thing that i found that works is a commitment to doing a 12 Step Recovery plan.

Gorilla you have been going back and forth with your addiction for sometime and have tried exactly what you're attempting right now without success. I hope you try somethng different. Just do yourself a huge favor and dont get hooked something that has the same withdrawl symtoms as heroin and opiates.

Needing something to feel better is the problem!
In rehab they will only give him valium if his tremours are extremly bad. That is what i experienced in the mulitiple rehabs Ive been in. County detox will had it out like candy. That is where I first was given Adivan to "help" me detox from alcohol. I just got addicted to that because I didn't do anything to help me get past the need for something to "make" me feel good. So in a matter of days i was taking Adivan and drinking and what ever else I could get my hands on.

I tried every other way to get sober, if you can think of it I treid it. The only thing that i found that works is a commitment to doing a 12 Step Recovery plan.

Gorilla you have been going back and forth with your addiction for sometime and have tried exactly what you're attempting right now without success. I hope you try somethng different. Just do yourself a huge favor and dont get hooked something that has the same withdrawl symtoms as heroin and opiates.

I respect your thoughts, but there is more then one way other then aa. I went to aa for about a year and it helped immensely. If he were to go to rehab, they would give him stuff to help the withdrawals.

You've got to fight fire with fire. Taper off every aspect of drinking with drinking.

I've found it the safest and best way. It's also the most difficult way.

Taper off the acute withdrawals with alcohol now and later on taper off the lifestyle of chronic drunkenness. If you need to recruit a trusted family member to administer the alcohol doses because you don't trust yourself yet, even better.

You most likely didn't start out drinking a fifth of booze or a 12-pack of beer every day and you shouldn't be expected to stop as abruptly either.

The trick to successfully quitting is to go out in the same exact manner as the way you went in.

They won't tell you this pearl of wisdom in any AA meeting. Talk about a boring group of terminal co-dependants.

And if you have faith in God, avoiding falling into the trap you clawed your way out of will be even easier.

as an alcoholic in recovery I cant think of any worse advice than what you offered here. Might look good on paper. In practice, for a real alcoholic, not a chance.

For anyone in withdrawal, get help from a professional.

I took Kratom once and vomited all over the place.
Your already past 24 hours and your able to function, your going to be fine.
Its the addict behavior that has you seeking a fix, which as you know never work.
As said above find a meeting if that helps you, otherwise sweat it out and remember how shitty you feel so hopefully there won't be a next time.
There is always hell to pay when we introduce excess, always.

I took Kratom once and vomited all over the place.
Your already past 24 hours and your able to function, your going to be fine.
Its the addict behavior that has you seeking a fix, which as you know never work.
As said above find a meeting if that helps you, otherwise sweat it out and remember how shitty you feel so hopefully there won't be a next time.
There is always hell to pay when we introduce excess, always.

over hours and no shakes my appetite is there a lot better then this morning

whoever suggested the tea that was a great idea got some caffeine free tea and had 2 cups just relaxing i have off work today and tomorrow i think ill be fine especially when i get back to work

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws