over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quitting sugar is harder than drugs.. Change my mind lol

What do you mean it could be worse than I make out?

I mean, maybe I’m the one definitely over thinking it because as you and a few others have said, a couple hundred calories a day within my macro ranges from sweets won’t do much to hinder gains as long as everything else is in check.. I’m here thinking that maybe I am hurting myself with it lol

As for my stats; I’m 5’8 180lbs and I’d say roughly and honestly around 13-14% bodyfat.. My goal is same weight but 10% bodyfat..

I’ve only been on doctor scripted TRT for a year @ 150mg per week, actually it’ll be a year in August. I was down to 150lbs last year when I started TRT in August due to not lifting a single weight for over a year because of car accident injury and just depression etc But I was off my UGL self scripted TRT for 9 months as well.. Beginning of 2018 Before my injury I was 187lbs and around 7-8% bodyfat on 500mg Test and 4-6iu GH, then I came down to “TRT” ish which was 150-300mg per week Test, depending how I was feeling and if I remembered to inject myself and kept the GH in and despite not really lifting weights (occasionally I’d do push ups and pull ups but that’s it, maybe once a week) I still was around 175lbs and fairly lean, visible abs still etc. Then the end of 2018 I decided to get off everything and try to get a script and took me til August last year to be approved by my Doc, all while I wasn’t lifting or eating right etc.

I’ve been around 180lbs again since February so I’ve gained back 30lbs which took me about 6 months Only on TRT then the last 6 months or so I was kinda just going through the motions but the last month or so been more motivated to keep track of food and training harder etc.. I just don’t want to be a robot lol

Again it could be just be over thinking I won’t get to my goal because of a couple cookies etc..
Hey brother, track your macros, no guess work. Makes everything better. Be diciplined 6 days per week, its not that difficult. Drink 2 gal water everyday at least, save up all them cravings for 2 meals on that cheat day. Then go all out. It will tastes better, you earned it. Im sure you already know all this bs but sometimes ya gotta go back to the basics, the obvious. I bet just tracking macros, getting in more sessions every week, will improve your mental out look, and goals. This whole virus bs is tough but let it motivate you even more. Sounds like you just need to tighten some things up a bit. Steel sharpens motherfkn steel brother. Lets go!

for me personally...If I go too low carb self control for sweets goes out the window, but if i stay around 150-200g of good carbs(20-40g per meal with white rice, oats, potatoes, or berries) I can resist the temptation for the most part. Sometimes I just have to have come pie or cake or cookies .

its tough, the food reward system of our body is set up for 100s of years ago when foods were scarce. Now the foods we crave are easily available and manufactures know this and have designed foods to be addictive (e.g. perfect combo of carbs, fat, salt to keep you wanting to eat more).

best way i have found is to have one cheat day and the rest of the time eat clean. usually my cheat day will be Friday night - Saturday night where i dont go crazy, but i will let myself have some of the foods that i enjoy. life is to be lived after all.

if i start eating these foods at any time during the week or when i am bored / having a hard day, it soon becomes a habit. better for me to stick to a hard rule.

also when i am on vacation i tend to eat how i would eat if i wasnt into this lifestyle. i must admit, living how normal people do is fun and easy ... but we aren't normal are we lol

its tough, the food reward system of our body is set up for 100s of years ago when foods were scarce. Now the foods we crave are easily available and manufactures know this and have designed foods to be addictive (e.g. perfect combo of carbs, fat, salt to keep you wanting to eat more).

best way i have found is to have one cheat day and the rest of the time eat clean. usually my cheat day will be Friday night - Saturday night where i dont go crazy, but i will let myself have some of the foods that i enjoy. life is to be lived after all.

if i start eating these foods at any time during the week or when i am bored / having a hard day, it soon becomes a habit. better for me to stick to a hard rule.

also when i am on vacation i tend to eat how i would eat if i wasnt into this lifestyle. i must admit, living how normal people do is fun and easy ... but we aren't normal are we lol

I'm prone to binging, but when I include little stuff here and there, not to mention make everything I cook tasty as fuck, I'm pretty satisfied. Hell my preworkout was half a caffeine tab and a Reeses Peanut Butter puff cereal bar lol. Those damn things are awesome BTW...and pretty much nothing but simple sugars. The cinnamon Toast crunch and Lucky Charms ones are fuckin bomb, too. I've also started eating a LOT of fruit, which I still think is better than just mindless sugary shit, and it definitely makes me no longer crave any kind of candy.

Honestly, I think most of us are just OCD so we become downright neurotic with diet. If you're not about to step on stage, enjoying that slice of cheesecake or getting a burger and fries once or twice a week when I don't feel like cooking means a lot more to me than that few grams of fat I might store. That can come off quick with a mini diet, where I'll be very strict for two weeks or so and clean the slate if I ever feel body fat creeping up.

It has nothing to do with righteousness and everything to do with goal-setting and achieving.
Swinging the big hammer has worked out pretty well for me privately, professionally, & competitively.
But, to reach their own.

Yea I’m not saying it doesn’t work bro, more power to you, and I do the same with my personal and professional life, believe it or not. I’m really strict about my schedule, my work, my finances and goals I want to achieve... But as for food, it doesn’t affect any of those things and I love eating lol.. Also I see that you compete which I’m not trying to do nor will I ever do. That robot way of life isn’t for me (again, more power to you it’s not a knock on you at all).. So yea if I wanted to look like you, then I can believe I’d need to be way more strict, but again maybe I’m just overthinking these few calories as I said pretty much 95% of my diet is clean and the entire thing is tracked, I’m not trying to be 5% bodyfat like you lol..

But rest assured that in a few weeks I’ll be evaluating my progress and if I’m still no where near where I want to be then if I want the goal I want to achieve then I’ll have to get super strict.. But as for now, I just don’t want to make the time for all that if I can do it without the extra over thinking..

Yes I am more carefree in many ways. Although if I were to write my daily diet it's all clean food most of the time. But I don't follow any real plan most of the time and I allow myself treats fairly frequently. Obviously if I wanted to get to 5% that is a different matter. I know some guys who are weirdly strict but it's bizarre because they don't even look that good. So they are very hard on themselves and never go out or have fun and all of that to look decent. Now guys on here are very different and many look fantastic and compete at a high level. Although even for them they can/should have some off periods it's just about knowing how to control things and finding that balance in life. Some guys love the routine though and are happy to stay in and never sway from their plan so they should just do them.

Now whenever wanting to look your absolute best there should be a lot of sacrifice. If you came on here stating you wanted to compete in physique/bodybuilding and be ripped for example that would be different. Although even with that goal you can still have sweets it's just knowing when to implement them (and take them away) and being able to control the amount. I like cereal and whilst I am strict in many ways I can have it and still reach my goals and in some ways it actually helps me attain them (certain cereals are a good carb source postworkout for example). So I don't see the issue is someone like you putting some sweets post workout with a protein shake for example. I also don't see the harm in someone having a few cookies before training legs if that's what they like. I am all for nutritious food and they should account for most foods you eat but there can be some exceptions. Even when I get lower in body fat I still enjoy my diet. Too many people think you have to eat a bland diet to get ripped and it couldn't be further from the truth. Although sure when it comes to extremes you have to suffer but that's a totally different subject.

Yea bro I completely get what you’re saying and agree 100%, I’m just overthinking as we all tend to do when it comes to variables in this endeavor lol...

And I get what a lot of others are saying too, sometimes a goal needs to be sacrificed for, no matter what. And I have no problem doing that for anything I REALLY want.. But we all know it’s about MAKING time for things. And getting super strict with all this and micro managing everything would take time and effort I’m not willing to give IF my goal can be achieved with simplicity, albeit taking a little longer.. I already overthink and micro manage enough as it is with my professional life and business etc. Lol

On another note I saw you and a couple others posting in the “Healthy Sweets” thread about dark chocolate, like real 80%+ dark cacao chocolate and I LOVE THAT STUFF.. Oddly enough the bitterness satisfies my sugar cravings and one thing I LOVE combining it with is dried/dehydrated fruits! That shit is amazing! Some dark chocolate with dried cranberries! Uuuffffffffff... lol So maybe I can stock up on that and throw that in there when I’m feeling those cravings...

Yea bro I completely get what you’re saying and agree 100%, I’m just overthinking as we all tend to do when it comes to variables in this endeavor lol...

And I get what a lot of others are saying too, sometimes a goal needs to be sacrificed for, no matter what. And I have no problem doing that for anything I REALLY want.. But we all know it’s about MAKING time for things. And getting super strict with all this and micro managing everything would take time and effort I’m not willing to give IF my goal can be achieved with simplicity, albeit taking a little longer.. I already overthink and micro manage enough as it is with my professional life and business etc. Lol

On another note I saw you and a couple others posting in the “Healthy Sweets” thread about dark chocolate, like real 80%+ dark cacao chocolate and I LOVE THAT STUFF.. Oddly enough the bitterness satisfies my sugar cravings and one thing I LOVE combining it with is dried/dehydrated fruits! That shit is amazing! Some dark chocolate with dried cranberries! Uuuffffffffff... lol So maybe I can stock up on that and throw that in there when I’m feeling those cravings...

Exactly. The only issue with dark chocolate is it's very calorie dense. So if losing body fat is the primary goal you just have to be careful with the amounts you add in. It's a great treat just not a regular one. Although it can even be used regularly but only if the person can control the serving size. Meaning if I said to myself I will have 1 square preworkout everyday there is no chance I would stick to that :eek::D So for me I would rather have 4 squares every week or so. It's the reason why I am also careful with what nuts I have (if any) when dieting. I could easily eat say 7 almonds for example and stick to it but for some others it would be much harder. 1 spoon of peanut butter daily for me is no problem but cashew butter there is no chance. So I think if you recognize your own weaknesses you can create a diet plan (plus any treats and serving size) that suits that especially when trying to get very lean and you have to adhere 100% to a plan if you want to reach your goals. As you stated for your goals you don't have to be 100% and as long as you are relatively consistent you will reach your goals it may just take a little extra time to do so. Although it's always good for the mind to adhere to a plan you set out and it only means you reach your goal faster and look better at the end.

Man I'm a sugar junkie (when I let myself be). But on diets in the last couple years, I don't have issues.

How did I solve this? Simple, clean diet, stick to it and don't cheat. Your palate will change after a week or so. Cravings will stop. Don't try to replace it with artificial sweeteners as they will just tease your addiction. And don't "reward yourself" as a taste of of a cookie will just restart the whole process again.

Basically, once I stop eating it, I stop craving it.
Evan Centopani seemed to really have this down. i watched a vid of him few years back and he said he eats so clean all the time he never has any sugar cravings.
-F2S

Evan Centopani seemed to really have this down. i watched a vid of him few years back and he said he eats so clean all the time he never has any sugar cravings.
-F2S

I think in his particular situation though, he used to be a fat kid that was picked on etc (if I remember correctly) and that probably traumatized him more than anything which is why he probably became a bodybuilder, a great one, despite not being Mr.O, I think he’s one of my favorites because of his personality and content.

Where as I on the other hand was always a super skinny kid with super fast metabolism. For a long time I was able to literally eat McDonald’s and ice cream and whatever I wanted and have abs lol..

Not so much now at 30 lol

First, you have to understand and accept that food addiction is like air addiction, it is part of the human condition.

Second, you have to accept that "will power" is not the end-all and be-all of dieting. Not matter how much will power you have, HUNGER will change your mind about it at a certain point.

Third, you must learn how to eat in such a way that hunger and will power stay in a balanced range that is manageable.

You cannot beat this addiction, you must learn to manage it.

Generally, the ego doesn't like this answer.

Example: The most common dieting mistake is probably limiting calories too much, this leads to a level of hunger that will always result in cheating, no matter how much willpower you have.

Not at all man... I completely get you.

Funny enough, I write everything down that I need to do for the day and check it off a list. Anything from work, to my TRT, to stretching, reading, my workout etc.. I don’t feel like my day is done unless I write it down and it’s checked off the list, got that from Joe Rogan lol

I guess I can write down my whole diet and if that’s not on the list then don’t touch it... But it’s just that temptation/addiction is so much stronger than anything I’ve ever dealt with. Like I said, I was deep into the party life and it was easier to quit and stay away from that than a piece of cake lol.. I just work all day, I eat good all day, train hard etc and then at the end of the day when all is accounted for just something in me goes for those cookies instead of another protein shake or banana or something lol..

Out of sight, out of mind. Don't buy it or keep it in the house and you likely won't eat it.

I've battled addiction, you don't beat it by keeping dope in the house and being around it and people who do it.

Out of sight, out of mind. Don't buy it or keep it in the house and you likely won't eat it.

I've battled addiction, you don't beat it by keeping dope in the house and being around it and people who do it.
I agree. I crave chips and salty crap at night when im watching TV, and if its midnight im not getting in the car and driving 10 minutes to go to the grocery. If its in the pantry then the chances go way up. Nowadays I don't even leave the house because of covid-19, so its even easier now. Trimmed down about 18 lbs since April.

I agree. I crave chips and salty crap at night when im watching TV, and if its midnight im not getting in the car and driving 10 minutes to go to the grocery. If its in the pantry then the chances go way up. Nowadays I don't even leave the house because of covid-19, so its even easier now. Trimmed down about 18 lbs since April.

Ever think about keeping something like pickles around or would that just make it worse? Lol

giving up anything is hard when you dont want to give it up, when you are really ready to stop something you can fight through it a lot easiser

Ever think about keeping something like pickles around or would that just make it worse? Lol
pickles was a staple i kept on hand during a diet. if i REALLY needed to make the taste buds shut up id eat a pickle. there is near no calories and the strong taste really makes ur cravings kinda shut the fuck up. plus its crunchy:love:
-F2S

I think in his particular situation though, he used to be a fat kid that was picked on etc (if I remember correctly) and that probably traumatized him more than anything which is why he probably became a bodybuilder, a great one, despite not being Mr.O, I think he’s one of my favorites because of his personality and content.

Where as I on the other hand was always a super skinny kid with super fast metabolism. For a long time I was able to literally eat McDonald’s and ice cream and whatever I wanted and have abs lol..

Not so much now at 30 lol
That’s probably why I approach nutrition the way I do.
I was a fat kid, tits and everything, and I’ll be dead before I’m ever fat again. I suppose that makes the dieting somewhat more black and white for me, with ZERO cheating or wiggle room outside of scheduled off meals.

Hey guys I hate to spoil the party but let's stop the detailed weed talk. It's against board rules to discuss rec drugs. I know weed is legal in some places but it's still against Federal law. I'm not sure how Big A feels about discussing it. I'll ask him and find out, then update this thread.

Sugar by itself is not addictive. Combining it with fat and salt it might make it somewhat "addictive". But it's not the same as being addicted to say heroin, that's ridiculous. Does sugar make you lie, steal from you parents, rob people or suck dick to get your fix?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear