over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quitting sugar is harder than drugs.. Change my mind lol

That’s probably why I approach nutrition the way I do.
I was a fat kid, tits and everything, and I’ll be dead before I’m ever fat again. I suppose that makes the dieting somewhat more black and white for me, with ZERO cheating or wiggle room outside of scheduled off meals.

So yea, my theory about myself must be right, I was spoiled growing up and never had that issue.... Always had skinny kid genes.. Even when I came off self scripted TRT to get real TRT from a doc, I wasn’t working out at all at the time, I still ate very freely and I lost 30lbs lmao... And I’m not a huge guy who can afford losing 30lbs easily, I was about 180-185 lol

Sugar by itself is not addictive. Combining it with fat and salt it might make it somewhat "addictive". But it's not the same as being addicted to say heroin, that's ridiculous. Does sugar make you lie, steal from you parents, rob people or suck dick to get your fix?

I actually think it’s worse than heroin and the like in SOME ways.. I get what you’re saying, but hear me out; heroin is way more expensive of a habit and basically makes you feel the need to keep using or get “dope sick” etc which I assume gives people the desperation of making those decisions to steal from your family etc.

But food is easily available man, and really damn cheap.. You can get a dozen donuts for a couple bucks. A gallon of ice cream costs a couple bucks.. You can get 4000 calories of fast food for like $8 lol...

Have you ever seen someone with a legit food addiction? My cousin has a food addiction and with therapy and a family intervention she’s finally doing better. But she would legit hide her food, her eating habits, her health is (was) absolutely terrible, she would lie and deceive about her problem yet we’d go a couple weeks without seeing her and she’d be heavier and heavier.. She gained over 100lbs EASILY in a matter of a year (her worst run so far when we finally had to step in).. She had a legit problem.. She was on her way to dying in her 40’s..

Sugar by itself is not addictive. Combining it with fat and salt it might make it somewhat "addictive". But it's not the same as being addicted to say heroin, that's ridiculous. Does sugar make you lie, steal from you parents, rob people or suck dick to get your fix?

Couldn't agree more. I'm not trying to be a dick by saying this but I'm not sure if a few people have ever had a drug issue themselves or had to sit there and watch someone who did..

Sugar is not a drug. Not even close. You dont start vomiting, shaking and screaming in pain because you missed your 3pm twinkies

It's easier to cut it out completely than it is to leave a little bit in. If you can cut it out for a month or two, your gut biome will start to change and the cravings will go away.
While I have no doubt that this may be true for you it is generally highly dependent on the individual regarding the combination of their psychology and biology.

Hey guys I hate to spoil the party but let's stop the detailed weed talk. It's against board rules to discuss rec drugs. I know weed is legal in some places but it's still against Federal law. I'm not sure how Big A feels about discussing it. I'll ask him and find out, then update this thread.

Hey guys I talked to Big A and the detailed talk about weed isn't allowed. I understand suggesting it for an injury or whatever it might help with but this board isn't the place for detailed conversations on weed itself.

I actually think it’s worse than heroin and the like in SOME ways.. I get what you’re saying, but hear me out; heroin is way more expensive of a habit and basically makes you feel the need to keep using or get “dope sick” etc which I assume gives people the desperation of making those decisions to steal from your family etc.

But food is easily available man, and really damn cheap.. You can get a dozen donuts for a couple bucks. A gallon of ice cream costs a couple bucks.. You can get 4000 calories of fast food for like $8 lol...

Have you ever seen someone with a legit food addiction? My cousin has a food addiction and with therapy and a family intervention she’s finally doing better. But she would legit hide her food, her eating habits, her health is (was) absolutely terrible, she would lie and deceive about her problem yet we’d go a couple weeks without seeing her and she’d be heavier and heavier.. She gained over 100lbs EASILY in a matter of a year (her worst run so far when we finally had to step in).. She had a legit problem.. She was on her way to dying in her 40’s..

I have absolutely thought about it from other angles too. Highly palatable foods (sugar, fat and salt in combination most of the time) is everywhere, cheap, legal and not dangerous in the short run. So why not use? Almost 100% of the morbidly obese never successfully stop their abuse. Many of those on the "my 600lb life" show drive straight to a McDonald's drive-through after a doctor consultation where the doc said you could die any second. So there's something wrong in brain wiring and it seems close to incurable.

But, since some food is essential to life it's always going to be around the abuser and that presents a problem imo. You don't "need" heroin or cocaine, they are not essential to life.

But saying food is addictive in the same sense as hard drugs is not correct either. If you can't eat for a day most can cope without problems. A drug addict is immobilised pretty much, in hell.

So there's something wrong in brain wiring and it seems close to incurable.

Watching these shows with the 600+ lb people makes me think psychotherapy or talking about "willpower" is useless. Or just strap them down and control the food intake with force. But that's against the law. I think some pharmacological treatment is the only option. I'm sure they could find some drug combo to kill appetite and keep them happy that is safer than their current predicament.

sugar-is-not-a-drug-i-used-to-suck-dick-for-coke-now-thats-an-addiction-you-ever-suck-some-dick-for-.jpg

apparently you have never been addicted to heroin

I ate sweet stuff when I was younger. Really enjoyed an almost daily bowl of chocolate chip ice cream. Was addicted to my mom's chocolate chip cookies.

I didn't like how I looked or felt.
It came down to the 5 minutes of pleasure or the long feeling of disgust that lingers afterward. Over time this became easier.

Now really sweet foods make me sick to the stomach. My body hates the stuff.

My only real addiction now is watch collecting, and I'm recovering 😂

apparently you have never been addicted to heroin

Apparently your comprehension skills aren’t the best... I said in SOME ways... Have you ever seen a person addicted to food?

I personally know people who are addicted to pills/heroin, once’s who have been and got sober, I myself was addicted to cocaine and alcohol a few years ago and got sober

As I said, there are similarities.. Obviously you don’t get dope sick from not having sugar. But as I said, I’ve seen first hand someone with sugar/food addiction and when they start fixing the problem they aren’t happy, they’re moody, easily agitated, depressed etc...

All of you saying this are apparently the ones who’ve never experienced either drug or food addiction as heroin and alcohol are literally the only things that give you a severe “withdrawal/sickness” when quitting or “fiending”... Cocaine, Crack, Meth, Weed etc give very little symptoms if any at all when quitting. I experienced ZERO withdrawal when quitting alcohol/cocaine, did it cold turkey from one day to the next. Literally my cousin was way worse quitting shitty foods and sugar than I was quitting drugs..

It may not be like Heroin in terms of withdrawals, but people who suffer severely from it, lie and manipulate, don’t care about their health, become agitated and depressed etc when they don’t have it...

understandable, but “more available” doesn’t mean more addictive. I’m sorry but the “I think it’s more addictive than heroin” this is utter nonsense. Until you are willing to leave your family and friends, ruining relationships, etc to eat some cookies, then I wouldn’t say a thing. Go watch 1 episode of Intervention and see what an inability to control yourself and ruin your life looks like. There are very few active heroin users who can control their habits, more hardcore drug users have to hit at least one stint in rehab. And there are milllllions of active sugar lovers.
Sorry but this Is an interesting topic but the REAL title of the thread and comparison is laughable.

understandable, but “more available” doesn’t mean more addictive. I’m sorry but the “I think it’s more addictive than heroin” this is utter nonsense. Until you are willing to leave your family and friends, ruining relationships, etc to eat some cookies, then I wouldn’t say a thing. Go watch 1 episode of Intervention and see what an inability to control yourself and ruin your life looks like. There are very few active heroin users who can control their habits, more hardcore drug users have to hit at least one stint in rehab. And there are milllllions of active sugar lovers.
Sorry but this Is an interesting topic but the REAL title of the thread and comparison is laughable.

I said “I think it’s worse in some ways” not “it’s more addictive than heroin”...

The fact it’s more available and cheap makes it worse than coke or heroin in my opinion for someone like my cousin for example.. When I was doing coke, I needed at least $200 worth for the night to have a good time, plus alcohol, you’re talking a couple hundred bucks... Ice cream? I can get gallons of that shit for a couple bucks...

Now again for me, I have no issue eating just a bit of ice cream or a tiny piece of cake etc.. My cousin can’t do that at all... She’ll eat the whole cake or the whole gallon of ice cream.. And yes she has literally hid her food and she’s left family get togethers pretending not to be hungry and gone to get fast food and eat it at home etc. She’s 26, 5’0 and turned herself diabetic and over 300lbs from 130lbs in a matter of a year/18 months.. She always struggled with her weight but when she was living with me I would take her to the gym and help keep her food in check, when she moved out, it all went down hill...

Again, I’m not saying it’s the absolute worst thing ever, but for some people, it is their form of heroin or cocaine etc.. Just because it doesn’t carry that stigma doesn’t mean it’s not anything like it...

And YES my thread title was meant in a joking manner as was my situation lol

But now we’re comparing a person with a real drug addiction to a person with a real food addiction.. They both have the capabilities of ruining their lives...

I’ve seen intervention and understand your point.. Have you seen “My 600lb life?” It’s literally the same thing lol.. They are literally killing themselves with food and some can’t walk or work and have to be cared for like if they were in hospice...

For some perspective 300,000 people die from obesity every year in the US compared to 47,000 deaths from opioids... Pretty big difference.. You’re not born a heroin addict (well unless a mother is using while pregnant but you know what I mean lol) and you’re not born obese.. Both can be controlled and are a decision.. Some people have harder times with them than others..

didn't read the whole thread, not so much sugar, I love to eat. when dieting mushrooms, peaches, sugar free jello are amazing to keep from starving

just had 4x jello, best 20 calories ive ever had

a big peach is 60 calories. eat 4 peaches you will be full, thats 240 calories!

here is what worked for me...
my dad owned a fitness club and my mom was an aerobic instructor there. this was during my childhood like 0-9 years old.
sugar was basically forbidden. Sugar couldnt be in first 5 ingredients of any cereal my mom bought. so all we had for cereal was he bran cereal that came in pouches and u actually had to break it up. it was like hay lol. we were allowed to use honey as sweetner so that helped.
snacks we were only allowed fruits, veggies or cheese. no condiments with those tho. no dipping broccoli in ranch or carrots. no carmal on apple slices etc.
soooooo, i never developed ANY kind of wanting or craving for sugar. in fact i am one of those that dont like eating at all. have never found it enjoyable. i wish i didnt have to eat. brings me no pleasure. just fuel.
meanwhile, my parents sold the gym when i was @9 years old and thats also bout same time they had my little sister. little sis was allowed candy and snacks and had like little debbie cup cakes put in her school lunch etc.
guess who has food issues? she was hiding snacks in her room at age 8 if i remember right.
she is the only one out of 3 of us siblings that struggles with her weight. my older sis and i are lean all the time without even trying.
makes ya wonder.... genetics or how one was nurtured? i mean she has same genetics as us just raised differently when it came to food...
shes also married to an obese dude so go figure
-F2S

A real hard drug habit (like heroin, which is dirt cheap...$15-20 a score) can ruin your life in months. A food addiction takes it sweet time. No real comparison there. No one is discovering cookies then losing their life savings and living on the street in 18 months haha.

Your cousin is an outlier. That is the 0.01%. The heroin life ruining is normal.

I would just argue about how much u like sweets NOT that sweets are tough like heroin man

I said “I think it’s worse in some ways” not “it’s more addictive than heroin”...

The fact it’s more available and cheap makes it worse than coke or heroin in my opinion for someone like my cousin for example.. When I was doing coke, I needed at least $200 worth for the night to have a good time, plus alcohol, you’re talking a couple hundred bucks... Ice cream? I can get gallons of that shit for a couple bucks...

Now again for me, I have no issue eating just a bit of ice cream or a tiny piece of cake etc.. My cousin can’t do that at all... She’ll eat the whole cake or the whole gallon of ice cream.. And yes she has literally hid her food and she’s left family get togethers pretending not to be hungry and gone to get fast food and eat it at home etc. She’s 26, 5’0 and turned herself diabetic and over 300lbs from 130lbs in a matter of a year/18 months.. She always struggled with her weight but when she was living with me I would take her to the gym and help keep her food in check, when she moved out, it all went down hill...

Again, I’m not saying it’s the absolute worst thing ever, but for some people, it is their form of heroin or cocaine etc.. Just because it doesn’t carry that stigma doesn’t mean it’s not anything like it...

And YES my thread title was meant in a joking manner as was my situation lol

But now we’re comparing a person with a real drug addiction to a person with a real food addiction.. They both have the capabilities of ruining their lives...

I’ve seen intervention and understand your point.. Have you seen “My 600lb life?” It’s literally the same thing lol.. They are literally killing themselves with food and some can’t walk or work and have to be cared for like if they were in hospice...

For some perspective 300,000 people die from obesity every year in the US compared to 47,000 deaths from opioids... Pretty big difference.. You’re not born a heroin addict (well unless a mother is using while pregnant but you know what I mean lol) and you’re not born obese.. Both can be controlled and are a decision.. Some people have harder times with them than others..

ahhhh, confession! my fave candy is sour stuff. i LOVE sour straws. during a prep toward the last 2-3 weeks and eating clean as f for months i measured and ate 35gm worth of carbs from sour straws with my chicken breast and nattie pb as my fat source. it was heavenly... but i did stay with in my caloric and macro amounts i was allowed but dang i needed them sour straws or i think i would have compleely cracked. had it post workout too so hoping the sugar spiked insulin etc
-F2S

A real hard drug habit (like heroin, which is dirt cheap...$15-20 a score) can ruin your life in months. A food addiction takes it sweet time. No real comparison there. No one is discovering cookies then losing their life savings and living on the street in 18 months haha.

Your cousin is an outlier. That is the 0.01%. The heroin life ruining is normal.

I would just argue about how much u like sweets NOT that sweets are tough like heroin man

Well I mean, I know guys who’ve been popping opioid pills for years, close to a decade and they’re not on the street with ruined lives (in that aspect), there’s people who use them and don’t get addicted and there’s people who get one taste and that’s it, they’re ruined in 6 months... And also, that $15-$20 has to be bought multiple times a day, just like in that show intervention you see people with $200-$300 a day heroin habits and they steal and prostitute themselves etc to make it happen.. There can be outlier cases with everything..

But I get what you’re saying...

You’re saying that if we had 1,000 people addicted to heroin vs 1,000 addicted to food that a higher percentage of those in the heroin category would probably ruin their lives more so than the food addiction category... Am I right? I can agree with that...

And yes, my cousin isn’t a common case for just anyone that eats some bullshit food, she really has that addiction..

And again, MY ORIGINAL argument was how much I like sweets and that in my case, and as a JOKE, it is harder to give up cookies than it was to give up alcohol and partying etc...

Now this other comparison/discussion is separate... My simple point is that the same way some people are addicted to heroin, there’s people addicted to food and ruining their lives too.. The percentage and rate etc can all be debated. But the fact is that it happens in both categories...

All the ones that say you haven't sucked dick for sugar should speak for themselves. Not everyone is the same ymmv

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear