over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rack Deads

looks good man, as far as rounding goes, i work in construction and the other day i was watching mi brother picking up a heavy object, and noticed ho much hi rounded his back, then i looked at hi erectors and they are big well developed, then i looked at the other guys and they all have good erectors so it got me thinking that maybe rounding your back is actually a good thing, then i remembered that bill star actually recommends it.

your back is rounding way too much, bend knees more, butt out more, back arched more at beginning, at the top lock the shoulders back more and squeeze, my gf was doing them ealier today with that weight, sorry it's true.

Your gf was doing that much weight? Nothing more attractive than your gf rack deading 405.....what is his name? Why don't you post up a vid so we can critique "her" form.

looks good man, as far as rounding goes, i work in construction and the other day i was watching mi brother picking up a heavy object, and noticed ho much hi rounded his back, then i looked at hi erectors and they are big well developed, then i looked at the other guys and they all have good erectors so it got me thinking that maybe rounding your back is actually a good thing, then i remembered that bill star actually recommends it.

I dont agree with this AT ALL!! I would edit your post before some kid takes your word as gospel and really fucks his back up for good :mad: stupid advice. if you dont understand and think im bein a dick just reread your post. im actually a nice guy :D

form

He really needs to work on his form and his back rounding. I think he should back off the weight and get his form doen right first. If not, he will witness back injuries.
Do you think its easier to learn form on floor deadlifts rather than rack pulls?

The spine is not a lever like more joints, the spinal erectors are not designed to lift objects themselves, they are designed to hold a static position while other muscles lift. When the spine is loaded with a large amount of weight, it is critical that the stress is evenly distributed on each disk. This means that back must be slightly arched. This is also the strongest position for the spinal erectors. If you can't reach this position, it is likely that you do not have the necessary hamstring and/or hip flexability.

we have some work to do next week. i dont want to get hurt at only 19!

Believe me you don't. Lighten up the weight, and concentrate on the squeeze. Once you have that down 100% start to increase the weight. At 19 you are moving some good weight, but get the form down first. You have a lot of years left to go.

The only problem I see is that you are letting the bar come to rest on the racks. I would prefer to see you just touch the bar to the rack on the bottom of the movement. That keeps constant tension on the muscles being worked.

Your gf was doing that much weight? Nothing more attractive than your gf rack deading 405.....what is his name? Why don't you post up a vid so we can critique "her" form.

:acti:n-sm:acti:n-sm

Im literally laughing out loud on the treadmill right now! A "girl" deadlifting over 400 might as well have a pair of nuts between her legs as far as I'm concerned..

Deads look pretty damn good to me but i'm no guru. Someone pointed out that he shouldn't be setting the bar down after each rep but Im going to have to politely disagree. I see where your coming from as far as avoiding the rest but deadliftng is unlike most other exercises. Each rep should be treated like its own set with a full pause on the bar, reset, lift and contract.

Mex you must have been smoking some good shit before you wrote that post!

How tall are you? For some reason my racks seem like there is more distance pulled. I'm about 6'1, thinking I am a bit taller than you.

I wish we had a rack in our gym. I've been wanting to do rack deads forever but we don't have one. I've always been told to do them with the bar 2-3" below your knees though, just never had a chance to try :(

I did these yesterday just like yours AZ..Rack deads standing on a platform with the rack at about shin high..only difference was I didn't have any sunglasses on :p

Just breaking your balls. In all seriousness, what day do you do deads on Back or Legs? It's tough because depending on your form and technique deads will scorch almost your whole body. I have always alternated doing them on either day depending on the particular exercises I incorporated that day. Also, I believe you should not do them too frequently. Every 5 days at most because your lower back takes as long to recover as just about any other muscle group in your entire body. According to Arnold, "Your lower back including Erector Spinae takes around 96 hours to recover." (Encyclopedia to Modern Bodybuilding).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws