over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raising HDL

I am already doing curc, citrus bergamot, ubiquinol, and regular Carl sons fish oil.

If I wanted to switch to krill, what brand do you use? 10grams a day could get expensive.

I am already doing curc, citrus bergamot, ubiquinol, and regular Carl sons fish oil.

If I wanted to switch to krill, what brand do you use? 10grams a day could get expensive.

I believe viva labs is the brand Dante mentioned. I think others like nothuman are using this one too if I remember correctly.

I believe viva labs is the brand Dante mentioned. I think others like nothuman are using this one too if I remember correctly.

Yep I'm taking 2 caps of viva labs krill oil with my first meal and one softgel of Carlson's elite omega fish oil mid day and one more fish oil with my last meal.

LOL, Knight9 is back?! Whose cock did you suck? ;)

Avoid orals and anti-estrogens. Things like letro are horrible for lipid profile.

Citrus bergamot, krill/fish oil, Ubiquinol, etc.

Add half a avocado to one of your lower fat meals every day. Add in whole almonds. Clean diet + cardio improves profile all around.

I've had a miraculous result on my lipids with that new non Statin, Praluent. Liver enzymes are up a bit though so I havent touted it just yet. Getting some more flood. It is so new and expensive barely anyone has experience with it. Looks amazing so far if it doesnt fry my liver. I have high familial cholesterol (why I qualified) even when off.
Im interested in seeing how this non statin works out for u, i also suffer from familia hypercholesterol so im very interested to possibly go this route since nothing seems to help me either

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree with this mostly, the thing I think we might be missing is that there might actually be healthy ranges instead of upper and lower limits for LDL and HDL, that would also explain the U curve on HDL and mortality.

What would an LDL Of 10mg/dl do to your health? There's been suspicion those kind of levels will increase cancer risk, hemorrhagic stroke and other health issues. Although this hasn't been extensively studied yet.

Another interesting tidbit is that there are people with familial hypercholesterolemia with a 0 calcium score, so obviously we are missing a piece of the puzzle.
Im one w a 0 calcium score yet high cholesterol....not sure why?

Im interested in seeing how this non statin works out for u, i also suffer from familia hypercholesterol so im very interested to possibly go this route since nothing seems to help me either

In 3 months it dropped my total cholesterol from over 300 to 139. I was not dieting or doing daily cardio either, I'm actually in a gaining phase so diet isn't as tight. This is even more surprising considering that. The only sides I have seen is slightly elevated ALT liver enzyme of 96. I'm getting more testing away from training days to see if that value changes. I'm hoping it was elevated from a leg day prior to the draw but we'll see. The doctor didn't seem concerned about that value and said he expected it to have some impact on liver enzymes. I'm hoping I can get it down with clearer diet and supplements. If it's still elevated after this next draw I'll know it's not elevated from muscle damage. I was on TRT the entire time too.

Praluent definitely works though.

Im one w a 0 calcium score yet high cholesterol....not sure why?

Because total cholesterol isn't the primary cause of arterial plaque like people thought it was 10+ years ago

In 3 months it dropped my total cholesterol from over 300 to 139. I was not dieting or doing daily cardio either, I'm actually in a gaining phase so diet isn't as tight. This is even more surprising considering that. The only sides I have seen is slightly elevated ALT liver enzyme of 96. I'm getting more testing away from training days to see if that value changes. I'm hoping it was elevated from a leg day prior to the draw but we'll see. The doctor didn't seem concerned about that value and said he expected it to have some impact on liver enzymes. I'm hoping I can get it down with clearer diet and supplements. If it's still elevated after this next draw I'll know it's not elevated from muscle damage. I was on TRT the entire time too.

Nice yeah my cardiologist has this and i asked him about it but i need to check my stuff thru nmr and vap check and get back to him, he said if mine is still high and particles are normal then he may not do the shots but it all depends

I use a ton of supplements that have mentioned, and consume Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Oil. However, I prefer EVOO….love the taste

I use a ton of supplements that have mentioned, and consume Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Oil. However, I prefer EVOO….love the taste

red palm oil is also good. I mix it in my rice...doesnt taste like much

Yes, everyone is mentioning supplements which are are a must, but these oils along with nuts are also great HDL boosters

Got my bloods done. Everything is fine except low HDL.

Anyone else have or had this?

What is a good way to improve this?

Quite happy about everything else as Iv been cruising for the past 2 months.

stop taking oral gear if you're taking it, more omega 3 fats, better cardio habbit + time.

You didn't but you said with fish oil so I wasn't sure if that would negate the empty stomach effect.

I didnt mean taken with fish oil at the same time, just that fish and or krill oil should also be supplemented with daily in order to maximally effect hdl

Yep I'm taking 2 caps of viva labs krill oil with my first meal and one softgel of Carlson's elite omega fish oil mid day and one more fish oil with my last meal.

I'll have to check that out. VitaminShoppe was giving away free 5 day samples of Dr. Mercola krill oil I just started the other day.

Just updating this post if anyone cares. Nobody seems to be using this new drug (plus its hard to qualify for). I just didnt want a statin but its so new, hell it could be worse in the end. But it did cut my cholesterol in half, fast (when no supplements ever did - familial hyperlipidemia). No major changes in diet and cardio either. Lowest 75mg dose of the Praluent. No sides. The effect would be magnified with a cutting diet and daily cardio (I get lazy Oct.-Jan and bulk).

So the second draw for liver enzymes came back 30 days later. ALT was in range this time (it was slightly over before at 95 on TRT test and a little GH). I do not think the Praluent was responsible. I think it was a a heavy leg workout a day before the draw (or some other factor). But I will continue to watch liver health. My blood has not looked this good in a while.

I would love to hear what anyone thinks about these new PSK9 drugs. Im devouring any literature out there on them but there isn't much and trials and still going. Stewie, gotgame!?!?!

Last edited:
Yes, everyone is mentioning supplements which are are a must, but these oils along with nuts are also great HDL boosters
I read that sunflower seeds is particularly effective at raising HDL. I do know that my HDL went up a considerable amount several years ago, and eating sunflower seeds daily and implementing a walking program (3-4 miles most days) were the only two things that I added.

I got really high HDL levels. Above the reference range.

For me its:

-Fish oil (10g/day)
-2 fruits per day(Orange and banana)
-Alot of vegetables
-A LOW CARB DIET WITHOUT SIMPLE SUGARS APART FROM THE FRUITS IS A MUST
-A high carb diet is disaster to Good health

Since im on a budget, My protein source is Canned tuna, Whole eggs(5 minimun per day) and Extra lean ground beef.

Fat is not the enemy, Carbs are(Both complex and Simple).

Just to clarify things...high HDL in and of itself (and raising it thru supplementation) has recently been proven to have zero correlation with improved risk factors from a medical standpoint. This is why doctors are no longer recommending niacin, and you'll also likely not see new drugs being researched / developed with the sole focus of improving HDL. LDL lowering has definitely been associated with decrease in all-cause mortality, whether done through diet/supplementation or pharmacological interventions (statins, particularly).

With that being said...some of us are certainly at a genetic disadvantage with our cholesterol. I myself have a family history of terrible cholesterol, and my best HDL prior to crossing to the darkside was 40-42. I recently had it up to 41 during a cruise and it's the highest it's been since starting. Furthermore, none of my brothers have made it above 42 either (and they're not lifters etc, just regular exercisers).

I think the ultimate thing you can do is to have your LDL and triglycerides under control, and try and keep your HDL as high as possible for you. Triglycerides should be under control for most of us, as exercise is the #1 way to lower it.

As Dante has suggested many times over...most of us should be doing cardio. Interestingly enough, aside from pharmaceuticals, cardio will lower your LDL / triglycerides and improve HDL more than any supplement you can take. Diet, too, is about on par. Others have discussed plenty of correct ways to diet (lower carbs, lower sugars, etc) to benefit your cholesterol.

Over the years here's the supplements that have best helped my cholesterol (done lots of bloodwork to find out what works for me):

Fish oil
Fiber (psyllium husk fiber seems to be the best, and also offer improvement over fiber from dietary sources alone)
Citrus bergamot (only increased my HDL by about 4, but that's a 10% improvement)
Metformin (was having higher blood sugar than I liked, interestingly enough this raised my HDL and lowered my LDL more than it did anything for my glucose)
Olive oil (seemed to help with the LDL lowering a tad)

This is from a poor student perspective...the citrus bergamot is really the only thing I splurged on. Anyways, hope this info contributes a bit to the thread.

The important take home message is this: if you still have elevated LDL even while doing everything else you can to lower it, it may be time to look into getting on a statin. I know everyone wants to hate on them, but they've proven to reduce all-cause mortality and for some people they're the only thing that will knock them back into range. They've also been around forever, and the side effects are very low (and seen in a very low % of patients).

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws