over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raising HDL

Lately I've been more impressed with krill oil than probably anything out there with regards to improving your HDL numbers.

I've been taking three grams a day which is six 500 milligram capsules which is the same dosage they took in a very impressive study I read.

Sent from my VS990 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Lately I've been more impressed with krill oil than probably anything out there with regards to improving your HDL numbers.

I've been taking three grams a day which is six 500 milligram capsules which is the same dosage they took in a very impressive study I read.

That's a lot of krill, no wonder you're seeing it work. I add Jarrows brand in with my normal fish oil but I'm not at that dosage, only 1.2g/day.

I'd be interested in people who have used Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) to raise HDL and/or lower LDL.

Nolvadex has done wonders for my hdl. From being very low, 19 mg/dL to average now, 42 mg/dL. Ref range (40-50 mg/dL)

Always on Nolvadex with my trt

LDL is in normal range as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolvadex has done wonders for my hdl. From being very low, 19 mg/dL to average now, 42 mg/dL. Ref range (40-50 mg/dL)

That's a huge difference. Anything else aside from nolvadex that could have contributed to the raise in HDL?

How many mg did you take and how long did it take to get such an increase?

That's a lot of krill, no wonder you're seeing it work. I add Jarrows brand in with my normal fish oil but I'm not at that dosage, only 1.2g/day.
Yeah the study did up to 3 grams for a few months then 500mg maintenance

NYM a little off topic, but I remember you talking a while ago about using bulk cyanidin 3-glucoside powder. have you experienced anything positive with it so far?
Can't say much...don't think it's worth it. But it's also hard to tell because I take these things when I'm dieting and when I diet I always lose fat so it's really hard to say if it had any additional help

Sorry to rezzurect this thread from the dead but jeanclaude or anyone else what is a good dose/protocol for nolvadex when using TRT.

Sorry to rezzurect this thread from the dead but jeanclaude or anyone else what is a good dose/protocol for nolvadex when using TRT.

20mg/day or eod indefinitely. Depends on how sensitive u are to estrogen sides. If sensitive do every day. If not then eod is fine.

I personally do 20mg/day.

20mg/day or eod indefinitely. Depends on how sensitive u are to estrogen sides. If sensitive do every day. If not then eod is fine.

Thanks JeanClaude! Previous to using Nolvadex were you using any other AI? And how do they compare? I could have sworn that i read some articles that dosing Nolvadex long term could potentially lead to carcinogenic sides. Has anyone else seen these articles or were they debunked? I am considering switching out of Aromasin into something else being that its tanking my HDL right now.

With no issues .. ie. anxiety , headaches ect?
Ive been trying this protocol w/ 200 thing is i used 6.25 eod and proviron @ 100mg w/ 20 nolv way to much tanked estro . Now im going to pause allAI until symptoms subside . Do you take just nolva with your trt or an ai as well?

With no issues .. ie. anxiety , headaches ect?
Ive been trying this protocol w/ 200 thing is i used 6.25 eod and proviron @ 100mg w/ 20 nolv way to much tanked estro . Now im going to pause allAI until symptoms subside . Do you take just nolva with your trt or an ai as well?

This would be my primary concern. Headaches can really disrupt workflow, training, and life in general. I think I may give it a go, because my HDL usually gets to around 35-38 after a blast. Niacin helps, but only when taken in high doses, which is uncomfortable.

So an AI can tank ur E whereas nolva (a SERM) doesn't, it just blocks the receptors.

Through my doc I'm prescribed a-Dex. I use 0.5mg/wk. I'm very sensitive to it. Any more and I feel like shit.

I use the nolva for the hdl benefits and also keeps me mentally stable due to estrogen blockade. Sometimes my estrogen levels fluctuate after test injection days when I'm blasting and I get irritable so instead of upping the ai I cover it with the nolva as some estrogen is necessary to keep around.

As far as headaches. I only get like 2-3 headaches a year so never been a problem for me.

Last edited:
So an AI can tank ur E whereas nolva (a SERM) doesn't, it just blocks the receptors.

Through my doc I'm prescribed a-Dex. I use 0.5mg/wk. I'm very sensitive to it. Any more and I feel like shit.

I use the nolva for the hdl benefits and also keeps me mentally stable due to estrogen blockade. Sometimes my estrogen levels fluctuate after test injection days when I'm blasting and I get irritable so instead of upping the ai I cover it with the nolva as some estrogen is necessary to keep around.

As far as headaches. I only get like 2-3 headaches a year so never been a problem for me.

Thanks for the input. It's refreshing to hear more guys that use it on cycle or even during TRT. There has been such a negative stigma surrounding its use any time other than PCT. Then again, there's a lot of "Do this, don't do that" in the world of aas, much of which is just heresay and has no scientific or anecdotal evidence ;).

Quality and function represents desirable consequent, rather than the unit of itself. Hyperfixation needs not to be limited to one step.

If our interest is to increase a specific lipoprotein, HDL in this case. Are you concentrating on how the functionality will/should be? Is there promoting effects of cholesterol efflux from macrophages, as well an increase of reverse cholesterol transport?

There's some recent data indicating tamoxifen may impair cholesterol efflux from macrophages and affect reverse cholesterol transport.

Quality, not quantity.

Quality and function represents desirable consequent, rather than the unit of itself. Hyperfixation needs not to be limited to one step.

If our interest is to increase a specific lipoprotein, HDL in this case. Are you concentrating on how the functionality will/should be? Is there promoting effects of cholesterol efflux from macrophages, as well an increase of reverse cholesterol transport?

There's some recent data indicating tamoxifen may impair cholesterol efflux from macrophages and affect reverse cholesterol transport.

Quality, not quantity.

Stewie. Thanks for your response brotha. Unfortunately I can't relate or understand a single thing that you said. Can you break that down into more simple terms for us folks that failed biology? Much love and respect

I'm kinda of in a hurry, my family and I are getting ready to head to the sunny beaches of Cozumel.

In a very brief nutshell, without great detail.

High density lipoprotein (HDL) can act functionally by removing excessive LDL cholesterol by means of reverse cholesterol transport. Think of it as a vacuum sweeper, picking up debris (LDL). Thus acting antiatherogenic, less plaque burden.

On the other hand, in some cases, HDL can turn rouge acting dysfunctional potentially creating an environment for proatherogenic consequent. Thus, possibly increasing plaque burden.

Some drugs, foods and environmental factors can alter the functionality of several different physiological reactions of lipoproteins (HDL, LDL, subfractionated lipoproteins, triglycerides, ect.)

When we get back I'll try to add more to this.

Last edited:
I'm kinda of in a hurry, my family and I are getting ready to head to the sunny beaches of Cozumel.

In a very brief nutshell, without great detail.

High density lipoprotein (HDL) can act functionally by removing excessive LDL cholesterol by means of reverse cholesterol transport. Think of it as a vacuum sweeper, picking up debris (LDL). Thus acting antiatherogenic, less plaque burden.

On the other hand, in some cases, HDL can turn rouge acting dysfunctional potentially creating an environment for proatherogenic consequent. Thus, possibly increasing plaque burden.

Some drugs, foods and environmental factors can alter the functionality of several different physiological reactions of lipoproteins (HDL, LDL, subfractionated lipoproteins, triglycerides, ect.)

When we get back I'll try to add more to this.
I appreciate the response! Awesome information man!

When you get back if you have time I would appreciate your thoughts on how to positively impact these factors whether it be more cardio (which is a given) or certain supplements you recommend. Also what your thoughts are on which AI/SERMs are best for TRT with maintaining a healthy heart being the main focus - this is an area which concerns me, in fact I recently made a thread about my recent blood work and TRT. Have a great vacation and enjoy the beaches sir!

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner