YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Random training thoughts on a Friday night..

I agree with overtraining thing. I respond best with high volume - always have...as for the deloading..I agree it serves its place, but fuck some of my workout partners are always doing something deloading.

With regards to carbs postworkout do you recommend something like Karbolyn or more towards whole food i.e. fruit?

John (mountain dog)I'm curious as to your thoughts of body part frequency in training? Say 1x a week vs multiple times a week...

I am alot about fixing things when they are broke... but if they arent broke then why fix them?

the only changes I am contemplating is adding more volume to my shoulders I dont feel they are getting what they need from my current low volume split

Excellent freaking thread john!

B-boy approved!:lightbulb:

DC training is definitely not classified as easy..! I agree. Some of volume is really semantics in how you count sets. You might do what person A calls 4 warm up sets then 1 working set. Person B might start counting sets and say you did 5 sets.....kind of like those who actually wathced Mentzer train will tell you that he did alot of work sets to get to his tough set..and then just called it one set..was it really low volume?

I like to vary the number of sets...wave volume up and down....but I do not like to wave intensity...intensity created adaptation...

of course we all need down time, not saying to go 100 mph all the time....so it's smart to work that in too.....but this deloading every 2 or 3 weeks is a little silly too....

you have holidays off, you get sick on occasion, you go on vacation, you take scheduled time off, you take it easy after a show, etc...how many deloads do you think you really need? haha - just thought I would throw that in as well...

Agreed , I can not understand de loading every three weeks or four ...that is when I actually start to get going.
but I feel I need that week to nine days , usually after eight weeks or so.sometimes nine , or if life is stressful, can be seven.
not completely off , just to play a bit without failure.
am I wrong in doing so?

and can you please elaborate about training explosively?

Last edited:
Couldnt agree more my friend. Once I started taking my GH and cjc/ghrp with carbs I noticed better results, night and day actually. I used to always take without, or try my best not to have carbs when dosing with avg results.

Great post as always!!!

I wonder how many of those people would look at the newest program youve sent me and think its too much or overtraining, lolol.

Jonny, do you take in carbs immediately after cjc/ghrp administration. If so, how many and are they simple or complex. Thanks!

How do you know if you're insulin sensitive? Still trying to learn my body
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jonny, do you take in carbs immediately after cjc/ghrp administration. If so, how many and are they simple or complex. Thanks!

Usually yeah, at breakfast take a dose then eat carbs usually few slices of Ezekiel or some fruit.

Then post workout which is pre-cardio, then carbs after that usually Karboload from TN.

Then with dinner whatever carbs there usually some rice or Yams.

Usually yeah, at breakfast take a dose then eat carbs usually few slices of Ezekiel or some fruit.

Then post workout which is pre-cardio, then carbs after that usually Karboload from TN.

Then with dinner whatever carbs there usually some rice or Yams.

Thanks Jonny, cant wait to try it. The cumulative knowledge on this board incredible.

I love high volume! I think it is pretty dam hard to really honestly overtrain and most people saying that don't want to put the work in. I am a big believer in training how you feel and instinct training. I use to keep a log for years and always go by that and write it all down and have everything structured. It seems like when I finally quit doing that I made some of the best progress in my life. I think keeping a log and very structured workouts are great at first but after a while screw it get nuts and up your intensity and go by feel! If you feel tired that day do a little less...if you feel good keep pounding it. But Im no expert.

Last edited:
Funny I was thinking about the high volmue thing this morning.
I looked up Roy Callender as I was getting ready to hit back .
Vets will know why. Damn what back on that 220 5'8" bber!
He was known for very high volume. If I remember right he did a crazy amount
of back work. My best over the years was high volume with the right amount of important components I.E. whit fiber stimulation , red fiber and blood network stimulation etc. I have no doubt hit type w/o produce results too.
The thing is I catch myself doing half hit at times so that just turns it into
low set semi intense work . On my behalf I will blame straight up laziness on
that . focus and determination is something i'm trying to reacquaint myself with. I am ramping up my volume and intensity and I can really feel and see a difference. Thanks for a great post... T

Been doing your bent rows on the smith machine where you let the bar hit the bottom each time. All i can say is wow i feel like i have been lost without these now that i know about them. The contraction is so much more intense.

Been doing your bent rows on the smith machine where you let the bar hit the bottom each time. All i can say is wow i feel like i have been lost without these now that i know about them. The contraction is so much more intense.

Careful, people will accuse of not being "hardcore" using a Smith machine :)

How do you know if you're insulin sensitive? Still trying to learn my body
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

get a 2 hour glucose tolerance test done....very helpful...

John (mountain dog)I'm curious as to your thoughts of body part frequency in training? Say 1x a week vs multiple times a week...

It depends on the bodypart, how good your nutrition and recovery is, how hard you are training...alot of factors go into answering that...one thing i do like is adding a few sets of something to another primary bodypart training session...so for example, maybe 6 sets of tris on chest/shoulder day, but still do your full arm day as the prime day...

I agree with overtraining thing. I respond best with high volume - always have...as for the deloading..I agree it serves its place, but fuck some of my workout partners are always doing something deloading.

With regards to carbs postworkout do you recommend something like Karbolyn or more towards whole food i.e. fruit?

I like carb powders intraworkout and real food post workout, but really you are after an insulin spike..so it's not a huge deal either way..always good to get the extra nutrients in food though.

I drink casein hydrolysate and carb powder intra, and then usually eat 2 cups of rice post workout for my carbs source..

Hey John thanks for the leg work out.. The ride home with a 6 speed was a bitch!!!! Lol

John a quick question why do you recommend to take either bcaa or casein hydrolysates vs combining them intra workout?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws