advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Randomly Holding 5-6lb of water? Health issue?

Must just be your diet ,my ankels swell and I get distended belly when. I diet hard you should be fine esp with your bp numbers they are very healthy

Ah no worries

Every pound of body weight that you lose during training is equivalent to 16 ounces of sweat loss. Another easy conversion is one kilogram weight lost is equal to 1000 ml of sweat. -credit to iron man Web page

Make sure you add back in the water consumed during exercise

Other forms of water loss are negligible

Track it for a few day's get a trend and you will know right away

It's also a great way to track your hydration during contest prep

I can't imagine this would be remotely precise outside of a clinical setting.

Not to mention the OP already is holding the water weight. If someone is holding 5lb of extra water weight and they continue to hold that water weight and they do this intake vs outtake test they will still appear to be in a net balance even though they're holding a lot of water.

Must just be your diet ,my ankels swell and I get distended belly when. I diet hard you should be fine esp with your bp numbers they are very healthy

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Does that last the entire course of your intense dieting? If so, what do you do about it...anything or just not look ideal the whole time?

Haven't read most of the posts here; but after my last 4 month diet (severe caloric restriction and lots of cardio, 0 cheat days or refeeds) I went on a massive binge that lasted a bit. After 2-3 days of binging I was holding OVER 12lbs of water. My hands, legs, and ANKLES were ALL swollen.

I went to the hospital to get checked out because I was thinking it's probably kidney issues (was running dnp at 250/day) or heart failure. Got all checked, and all looked perfect.

They cleared me out with no explanation other than your body's just in shock. I dropped the GH and went low carb for 1 week. Dropped all the water.

I think 12lb makes sense after 2-3 days of all out binging especially if you were in a severe deficit with no refeeds for the prior 4 months.

How long did you have that swelling before you went to the hospital? Seems like your response was pretty normal if you were able to drop it all in a week especially if you dropped GH too. I only the other hand am still up 5lb after well over a week.

I know it can't be fat gain, it's just physiologically impossible, but it sure is frustrating and making it harder to gauge progress.

Severe ankle swelling, even if blood work is fine, means your kidneys are sustaining some damage (it make take time for the problem to manifest)

OP sounds like you are fine.

But, I want to dispel the fallacy that severe water retention in the ankles is "normal". Doesn't mean you are going into kidney failure or anything, but I would suggest reevaluating your dosages and compounds.

One avenue you could explore....I bet your big cheat meals were loaded with sodium.

Maybe you screwed up your sodium/potassium levels. Do you track the amount of sodium you take in on your normal diet?

Maybe try lowering your sodium intake and increasing your potassium intake....and see if the water starts to drop.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Severe ankle swelling, even if blood work is fine, means your kidneys are sustaining some damage (it make take time for the problem to manifest)

OP sounds like you are fine.

But, I want to dispel the fallacy that severe water retention in the ankles is "normal". Doesn't mean you are going into kidney failure or anything, but I would suggest reevaluating your dosages and compounds.

Yea if there's any swelling at all it certainly isn't severe or right at my ankles.

And like I said I'm only on TRT and Adex (which makes it harder to explain the weird water retention).

One avenue you could explore....I bet your big cheat meals were loaded with sodium.

Maybe you screwed up your sodium/potassium levels. Do you track the amount of sodium you take in on your normal diet?

Maybe try lowering your sodium intake and increasing your potassium intake....and see if the water starts to drop.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Sodium levels are definitely very high on cheat days

Pretty constant on dieting days. Moderate amounts from seasonings/toppings but nothing crazy. Same as always.

It would be interesting to see if bloodwork showed different than normal sodium and potassium levels but unfortunately the lab is still closed.

Well after 8 days I had a refeed Monday. Typical refeed style for me, normal eating during the day (~1500 calories) and then a big cheat at night, total 6-7000 calories for one day.

Since then has been 1600 the last 3 days. Still 205lb this morning, 5lb over my previous low before the holidays

I got blood work done today, testing everything I could think of. CMP, CBC, CRP, etc etc

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws