over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rapid fat loss

Yes but you don't have to do a PSMF, you just have to have more protein to energy ratio. The further the ratio is skewed toward protein the more extreme the fat loss.
So you mean high protein diets will lead to a faster fat loss than other diets?

Yes but you don't have to do a PSMF, you just have to have more protein to energy ratio. The further the ratio is skewed toward protein the more extreme the fat loss.
What exactly do you mean by energy ratio? Youre basically still in a calorie deficit but majority of the calories you consume come from proteins right?

So you mean high protein diets will lead to a faster fat loss than other diets?
on high proteins you burn fat faster if you have a deficit and build muscles faster and better quality if you have a surplus of calories

I don't care what the research says, but what my opinion and others show

What exactly do you mean by energy ratio? Youre basically still in a calorie deficit but majority of the calories you consume come from proteins right?
Yes calories still matter, but in your deficit the higher your protein to energy ratio the faster and more pronounced the FAT LOSS you achieve.
Protein > carbs + fats.

Protein has a higher thermic effect. Your body also doesn’t have specialized cells to store protein like it does carbs and fats.
You’ll also be hard pressed to find someone who overeats protein as it’s not as palatable and easy to consume as the other macros.

Yes calories still matter, but in your deficit the higher your protein to energy ratio the faster and more pronounced the FAT LOSS you achieve.
Protein > carbs + fats.
I don’t agree with this. The larger your deficit is; the faster you lose fat, protein is irrelevant

I don’t agree with this. The larger your deficit is; the faster you lose fat, protein is irrelevant
Well that’s not exactly true as I explained above. It is calories in calories out but protein has a higher thermic effect. Also your body doesn’t have the cells to store protein like fats and carbs. 100 calories from protein will have a different effect than 100 cals from carbs or fats.

Protein has a higher thermic effect. Your body also doesn’t have specialized cells to store protein like it does carbs and fats.
You’ll also be hard pressed to find someone who overeats protein as it’s not as palatable and easy to consume as the other macros.
Well that’s not exactly true as I explained above. It is calories in calories out but protein has a higher thermic effect. Also your body doesn’t have the cells to store protein like fats and carbs. 100 calories from protein will have a different effect than 100 cals from carbs or fats.
What are the specialized cells for carbs?

Just because dietary fats exist does not mean that fat cells are a specialized cell for dietary fats.

There's a logic to b-boy's post, but it's not the precise mechanism (glycogen sparing, reduced catabolic state in skeletal muscle; the reduced efficiency of hydrolysing proteins for fuel) that's been explained, which is fine. But once you do start talking mechanisms, you've got to understand a bit about nutrition and physiology.

Isn't the thermic effect of protein already equated into the 4 cals/gram?

I believe there was a thread about this before and that was the verdict?

What are the specialized cells for carbs?

Just because dietary fats exist does not mean that fat cells are a specialized cell for dietary fats.

There's a logic to b-boy's post, but it's not the precise mechanism (glycogen sparing, reduced catabolic state in skeletal muscle; the reduced efficiency of hydrolysing proteins for fuel) that's been explained, which is fine. But once you do start talking mechanisms, you've got to understand a bit about nutrition and physiology.
Well carbs are stored as glycogen. Some cells like red blood cells are only able to produce cellular energy from glucose. The thermic effect of protein simply makes you burn more calories than other macros. Proteins thermic effect it like 20-30% vs carbs at 5-15%.
I might understand it a little bit. Like something as basic as we store carbs and fats but not as protein.
I said yes it is cals in cals out but protein is different than carbs or fats.
This isnt magic or hokey pseudoscience

Well carbs are stored as glycogen. Some cells like red blood cells are only able to produce cellular energy from glucose. The thermic effect of protein simply makes you burn more calories than other macros. Proteins thermic effect it like 20-30% vs carbs at 5-15%.
I might understand it a little bit. Like something as basic as we store carbs and fats but not as protein.
I said yes it is cals in cals out but protein is different than carbs or fats.
This isnt magic or hokey pseudoscience
excess protein will be burnt as energy and most converted to glucose (gluconeogenesis)

So high protein diets make no sense. All your doing is making your life hell and unsustainable

Isn't the thermic effect of protein already equated into the 4 cals/gram?

I believe there was a thread about this before and that was the verdict?

Conclusions: In patients with type 2 diabetes, a low-fat diet with an increased protein-to-carbohydrate ratio does not significantly increase weight loss or blunt the fall in REE.

excess protein will be burnt as energy and most converted to glucose (gluconeogenesis)

So high protein diets make no sense. All your doing is making your life hell and unsustainable
Most of us here have a high protein diet and have for years. How on earth is it unsustainable or a living hell? Gluconeogenosis doesn’t happen easily at all.
Try not thinking in extremes

Conclusions: In patients with type 2 diabetes, a low-fat diet with an increased protein-to-carbohydrate ratio does not significantly increase weight loss or blunt the fall in REE.
Okay where’s a study of a protein only diet vs another?

Doesn’t protein make you burn the most calories? Doesn’t a higher protein intake increase metabolism? The deficit is just part of the equation. Not the only driving factor.
Your thermic effect of food is a factor but it doesn’t make much difference on weight loss.
Just like Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) , how much of a difference would it make

Okay where’s a study of a protein only diet vs another?
No one is going to study a ridiculous diet. Quit it

low fat high protein is enough to prove the point

unless you’re eating egg white and fish no such thing as only protein diet

Another good read.. it’s ridiculous that ppl think protein will not be stored as fat

No one is going to study a ridiculous diet. Quit it

low fat high protein is enough to prove the point

unless you’re eating egg white and fish no such thing as only protein diet
I’ve done. I got shredded quickly. Kept cals the same but slowly worked into only eggwhites, protein isolate, chicken breast, and tilapia for a month.
Oh yeah it’s called a psmf you dip shit and there’s a lot of literature on it.

Another good read.. it’s ridiculous that ppl think protein will not be stored as fat
Protein DOES NOT work the same in our bodies as other carbs and fats.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear