over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rapid growth in recovering drug addicts

n3mo0101

Registered
Anyone know why recovering drug addicts gain weight so quickly? When I cleaned up my act I gained like 30 pounds in a month. Hormones possibly? GH spike? Just a curious thought...

Last edited:
I would say more along the lines of your body trying to protect itself from you. I'm sure there is a more scientific answer than that though.

I figured it was a "bear going into hibernation" concept. Like my body was expecting me to starve it again, so it stored anything and everything it could, like a bear hibernating for winter.

Homeostasis. If it's a drug that caused you to lose a lot of weight, it's just your body rebounding. Just like when a bodybuilder diets for a competition and then puts on a significant amount of weight afterward.

Homeostasis. If it's a drug that caused you to lose a lot of weight, it's just your body rebounding. Just like when a bodybuilder diets for a competition and then puts on a significant amount of weight afterward.

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

crackheads and junkies dont eat lol...there is nothing more mysterious than that about it

Maybe it's the same as for ppl that have never lifted. The first few months you grow like hell

When I cleaned up off dope I too gained a lot of muscle back quick, simply due to eating normal again and not spending all day nodding or scrambling to buy more dope.

Just keep your head up .. don't worry about the why and just keep doing what your doing ... staying clean ..
progress not perfection ;)

Opiates suppress natural testosterone production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muscle memory and the effects drugs have on food intake/habits, metabolism and health in general.

Most addicts are not eating enough calories which leads to weight loss and slows your metabolism down and when they finally get clean start eating more (some substitute food for the drugs) so you are def gonna gain a lot of weight. Not to mention not having all that poison in your body anymore

Figured something might come up from it. Sorry if I offended you.

100% I was and am not offended
100% I am an asshole. no real apologies there... lol
but for real I have made the come back from bad places more then once.
yes I did loose more then 100lbs one time..
think about that.. a whole person...

I just didn't think a whole post was needed as to why..
you live like shit n abuse yourself of course your gona rebound fast! even with no gym... add aas n food n what not to the mix n easy to add 50lbs...
again I did that pretty recently...

3 years back... took a lil vacation into the nether regions and let myself get outta hand... since then ive put on a solid 60lbs. doing very little.

so im not offended, I 100% sure ive done worse then most.

if there is something you really want to learn or fix im sure there is a much better way of putting it then asking such a vague and sorta simplistic question... like I didn't eat for a year then a ate n gained weight... why? :banghead:

so much more too all of this...
for me its real life.
to most here it seems like a joke.

100% I was and am not offended
100% I am an asshole. no real apologies there... lol
but for real I have made the come back from bad places more then once.
yes I did loose more then 100lbs one time..
think about that.. a whole person...

I just didn't think a whole post was needed as to why..
you live like shit n abuse yourself of course your gona rebound fast! even with no gym... add aas n food n what not to the mix n easy to add 50lbs...
again I did that pretty recently...

3 years back... took a lil vacation into the nether regions and let myself get outta hand... since then ive put on a solid 60lbs. doing very little.

so im not offended, I 100% sure ive done worse then most.

if there is something you really want to learn or fix im sure there is a much better way of putting it then asking such a vague and sorta simplistic question... like I didn't eat for a year then a ate n gained weight... why? :banghead:

so much more too all of this...
for me its real life.
to most here it seems like a joke.

I didn't find it a joke...actually he was just reaching out to others that may have had similar reactions. Much better to have real world advice and reactions then to read it out of an article.

What I do find a joke is sponsors that post multiple times in every single thread with mostly jibberish and useless input only to have there links appear for advertising purposes.

I didn't find it a joke...actually he was just reaching out to others that may have had similar reactions. Much better to have real world advice and reactions then to read it out of an article.

What I do find a joke is sponsors that post multiple times in every single thread with mostly jibberish and useless input only to have there links appear for advertising purposes.

Lol. I'm more polite than you. Touche'

I have noticed a few sponsors lately that post 100 percent useless crap. most of the time its just a couple words

I've noticed a few of his condescending posts too.At least Bio let him know.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear