over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw Egg White Protein Bioavailability/absorption

thewizkid

Registered
I've been reading about this lately and it seems to give 2 different answers anywhere I go.
Does anyone have any studies/scientific information on this?

The protein from egg whites when eaten raw only seems to be around 50% bioavailable. So if you ate 60g protein from egg whites raw your body only would get 30g. Cooking it makes the protein more bioavailable.

But is this the same if you eat raw pasteurized egg whites?

I've read that since pasteurized egg whites are heated for pasteurization, they have the same bio availability as cooked egg whites and the avidin in raw egg whites is no longer active, therefore not lowering biotin in the body.

I'm sure someone will dispute this, however.

I do aboit 50/50 raw and cooked. If I don't have time to cook them in the morning I drink them. Always pasteurized

I drink a hundred grams of raw pasteurized egg whites per day. Sometimes I nuke 50 grams.

Pasturization does not denature the advin the temp has 2 go a little higher I think it's 134°f for 3 minets, but it might be 137, I used to put them on the stove and bring them slowly to 141°f then slide them off the heat and let them cool, at 143 they turn solid and u have to continually stir. That shit was a pain in the ass, now I just drenk them or cook them. I used to buy the Pasturized egg whites but the real egg whites r much better imop. Never bothered my hair but I take a biotin sup daily. U can buy them denatured from a couple companies on line they mail them frozen. I don't know about the 50% bioavailability thing u were talking about, every other protine is measured aganst egg protine beacuse of its availability. It's score is 100.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Seriously though, does anyone truly believe the bioavailability of meat is any higher?
There's no way your body breaks down steak completely using 100% of it. I bet 2/3 gets shitted out. 💩

Seriously though, does anyone truly believe the bioavailability of meat is any higher?
There's no way your body breaks down steak completely using 100% of it. I bet 2/3 gets shitted out. 💩

I think beef is around 70%
I've seen some that say 80% and in-between those two %'s
the 70% was on a chart a coach gave me

I just looked into it a bit, this chart says beef have a biological value of 80, and net protein utilization of 73

Biological value is the % of nitrogen (protein) absorbed from food
net protein utilization is the % retained absorbed nitrogen (protein)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/table/table001/

im not really a science guy so I can't really interpret what this actually means, maybe someone else can translate it into meat head language

so far its coming into my head as just "higher the number = better the food"

I've read that since pasteurized egg whites are heated for pasteurization, they have the same bio availability as cooked egg whites and the avidin in raw egg whites is no longer active, therefore not lowering biotin in the body.

I'm sure someone will dispute this, however.

I do aboit 50/50 raw and cooked. If I don't have time to cook them in the morning I drink them. Always pasteurized

can you post where you read this?

Last edited:
what? that s crazy ...I love raw egg whites in the cartons they sell at the stores, I drink that more often than protein shakes....and I can drink tons of it...goes in real easy...

anyone know if you can nuke egg whites in a bowl in the microwave?

how long, if you need a steam lid, etc.

I have a ghetto ass stove that broke so I've been eating canned tuna and protein powder. I used to eat egg whites a lot when the stove worked,

I have a ghetto ass stove that broke so I've been eating canned tuna and protein powder. I used to eat egg whites a lot when the stove worked,

I nuke egg whites all the time. I put them in a Tupperware container with no lid and nuke them for 2 minutes, then stir, then another minute, then stir, etc. I nuke about 8 to 10 egg whites at a time. I never figured out the exact time but definitely stir periodically as they cook faster around the edges of the bowl.

have you tried the "tuna shake" that GH15 recommended? Two -three cans of tuna in the blender, add water for desired consistency, a cpl of spoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend till its completely liquefies and drink. First time makes u wanna vomit, but after that is not too bad....

have you tried the "tuna shake" that GH15 recommended? Two -three cans of tuna in the blender, add water for desired consistency, a cpl of spoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend till its completely liquefies and drink. First time makes u wanna vomit, but after that is not too bad....

Sounds like cat food. Haha I'd puke for sure 🐟

Sounds like cat food. Haha I'd puke for sure 🐟

when these cads reach 300lbs+ they have to figure out ways to put more calories in. And drinking something is alot easier that sitting and chewing on 3 cans of tuna fro an hour...

Pasturization does not denature the advin the temp has 2 go a little higher I think it's 134°f for 3 minets, but it might be 137, I used to put them on the stove and bring them slowly to 141°f then slide them off the heat and let them cool, at 143 they turn solid and u have to continually stir. That shit was a pain in the ass, now I just drenk them or cook them. I used to buy the Pasturized egg whites but the real egg whites r much better imop. Never bothered my hair but I take a biotin sup daily. U can buy them denatured from a couple companies on line they mail them frozen. I don't know about the 50% bioavailability thing u were talking about, every other protine is measured aganst egg protine beacuse of its availability. It's score is 100.

On the contrary, I read that pastuerization is done by heating them to 134 degrees and running them through a system of tubes. Maybe not every company does this but from what I've read, many companies do.

I take an enzyme tab with it anyway. Anything my body isnt chopping up on its own will probably be chopped up by the enzymes I supplement.

Basing it off how it makes me piss out of my ass.

Not much

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On the contrary, I read that pastuerization is done by heating them to 134 degrees and running them through a system of tubes. Maybe not every company does this but from what I've read, many companies do.

I take an enzyme tab with it anyway. Anything my body isnt chopping up on its own will probably be chopped up by the enzymes I supplement.
Read a bit more to denature it has 2 be held at the temp for 3 minets pasturization is a flash process, I belive. It's trivial though I drenk it raw often and unpasturized and don't worry about it. 1 in 20,000 eggs has salmonella and that is 1 of the main purposes of pasturization, I'll take the odds and real egg whites.

Read a bit more to denature it has 2 be held at the temp for 3 minets pasturization is a flash process, I belive. It's trivial though I drenk it raw often and unpasturized and don't worry about it. 1 in 20,000 eggs has salmonella and that is 1 of the main purposes of pasturization, I'll take the odds and real egg whites.

I'd be surprised if the heating is done in a flash. Based on different lab experiments I did in college, heating must be sustained for a specific period of time to kill bacteria. Egg Whites become solid at 141 degrees. I would imagine they would heat it as close to that as possible for however long it is recommended to kill any harmful bacteria.

Avidin binds at 134 degrees. Hopefully they are pasteurized at 134 degrees or higher for an extended period of time

I nuke egg whites all the time. I put them in a Tupperware container with no lid and nuke them for 2 minutes, then stir, then another minute, then stir, etc. I nuke about 8 to 10 egg whites at a time. I never figured out the exact time but definitely stir periodically as they cook faster around the edges of the bowl.

well then, this thread is useless to me now!
gonna try it with a glass bowl, I think that will cook it faster, will reply tonight with how long it takes

my microwave is like 1300W though so the power is quite high
I usually cook 2 cups a meal, hopefully it doesn't just splatter everywhere

I do this with chicken when I dont have an appetite. Do you think a nutribullet would make it liquid? I bet some hot sauce would make it even better.

when these cads reach 300lbs+ they have to figure out ways to put more calories in. And drinking something is alot easier that sitting and chewing on 3 cans of tuna fro an hour...

how much food did you need? I love eating tuna, takes 5 minutes

my sense of taste is fucked up though, I eat some stuff people would think is gross

I've been doing 120g oatmeal and 2 cans of tuna, sometimes I'll put 40g of protein powder in there too

tastes amazing to me and its around 1000 calories, I could eat it in a couple minutes but I try to eat slow or I won't get full and I'll keep eating food

That's why I like egg whites, when you cook them they're large in volume and fill you up

I never understood the "no appetite" stuff people feel, even on orals, I am hungry all the time

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131