over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw Honey

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Can someone give me a definitive answer? I bought golden honey with a comb in it and I also see the kind that is a wax type substance that is not clear at all. Which is TRUE RAW HONEY? And what is the difference and WHY do people try to pass both off as the real thing?
I know nothing about honey but I know that there must have been more golden clear honey added to my jar than what was orginally in the comb that fits in there.

Get a glass of water and a tablespoon of honey are all you need for the first test. Empty the honey into the water. If the honey is impure, it will dissolve in the water- the most common additive to honey is syrup of jaggery, which dissolves. If it is pure, the honey will stick together and sink as a solid lump to the bottom of the glass.

Just the guy I was hoping to hear from!

How can a clear golden honey and a white hardened paste-like honey both be raw honey? Something somewhere has been processed. Which?

Get a glass of water and a tablespoon of honey are all you need for the first test. Empty the honey into the water. If the honey is impure, it will dissolve in the water- the most common additive to honey is syrup of jaggery, which dissolves. If it is pure, the honey will stick together and sink as a solid lump to the bottom of the glass.

Well, within 30 seconds, this Gallberry Pure Raw Honey has clouded the clear cold water. There are still oily looking remnants at the base of the glass of water but now the water is cloudy.

How can a clear golden honey and a white hardened paste-like honey both be raw honey? Something somewhere has been processed. Which?

There are varieties of honey being processed. Crystallized honey is honey in which some of the glucose content has spontaneously crystallized from solution as the monohydrate. Also called "granulated honey."
Pasteurized honey is honey that has been heated in a pasteurization process. Pasteurization in honey reduces the moisture level, destroys yeast cells, and liquefies crystals in the honey. While this process sterilizes the honey and improves shelf-life, it has some disadvantages. Excessive heat-exposure also results in product deterioration, as it increases the level of hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) and reduces enzyme (e.g. diastase) activity. The heat also affects appearance, taste, and fragrance. Heat processing can also darken the natural honey color (browning).[39]
Raw honey is honey as it exists in the beehive or as obtained by extraction, settling or straining without adding heat (although some honey that has been "minimally processed" is often labeled as raw honey).[40] Raw honey contains some pollen and may contain small particles of wax. Local raw honey is sought after by allergy sufferers as the pollen impurities are thought to lessen the sensitivity to hay fever (see Medical Applications below).
Strained honey is honey which has been passed through a mesh material to remove particulate material (pieces of wax, propolis, other defects) without removing pollen, minerals or valuable enzymes.
Ultrafiltered honey is honey processed by very fine filtration under high pressure to remove all extraneous solids and pollen grains. The process typically heats honey to 150–170 °F (approx 65-77 °C) to more easily pass through the fine filter. Ultrafiltered honey is very clear and has a longer shelf life, because it crystallizes more slowly because of the high temperatures breaking down any sugar seed crystals, making it preferred by the supermarket trade. The heating process degrades certain qualities of the honey similar to the aforementioned pasteurization process.
Ultrasonicated honey is honey that has been processed by ultrasonication, a non-thermal processing alternative for honey. When honey is exposed to ultrasonication, most of the yeast cells are destroyed. Yeast cells that survive sonication generally lose their ability to grow. This reduces the rate of honey fermentation substantially. Ultrasonication also eliminates existing crystals and inhibits further crystallization in honey. Ultrasonically aided liquefaction can work at substantially lower temperatures of approximately 35 °C (95 °F) and can reduce liquefaction time to less than 30 seconds.[41]
Whipped honey, also called creamed honey, spun honey, churned honey, candied honey, and honey fondant, is honey that has been processed to control crystallization. Whipped honey contains a large number of small crystals in the honey. The small crystals prevent the formation of larger crystals that can occur in unprocessed honey. The processing also produces a honey with a smooth spreadable consistency.mDried honey, has the moisture extracted from liquid honey to create a completely solid, non-sticky honey. This process may or may not include the use of drying and anti-binding agents. Dried honey is commonly used to garnish desserts.

Also, when honey is processed, it is exposed to extreme heat, which destroys the hydrogen peroxide naturally present in honey, along with any other healing properties. Raw, unprocessed honey contains more health benefits.

Well, within 30 seconds, this Gallberry Pure Raw Honey has clouded the clear cold water. There are still oily looking remnants at the base of the glass of water but now the water is cloudy.

Sorry honey that is not good hehe! I think its best to buy honey straight from the Bee-keeper.

Last edited:

I think you may be talking about creamed honey? If so, it cannot be raw as from my understanding it is pastuerized.

Does it look like this?

IMG_2532.jpg

This pisses me off as it is in a store called Native Sun which is kind of like Whole Foods and Trader Joes (Although nothing is as good as Trader Joes).
This "PURE RAW HONEY" being sold is BULLSHIT!
And I also followed up with the manufacturer which is Thomas Honey who assured me it was RAW, NATURAL, and UNPASTEURIZED. When I asked him why I heard raw honey was supposed to be opaque and not clear he emailed me back with the wonderful in depth answer of "no idea".

I think you may be talking about creamed honey? If so, it cannot be raw as from my understanding it is pastuerized.

Does it look like this?

IMG_2532.jpg

That is pasteurized honey.

Does it look like this?

IMG_2532.jpg

No I was talking more about raw honey that looked like wax.

How delicious is it?

I just got sent to school on honey:D I just bought some at the state fair and now I have to double check it to see what I have.

That is pasteurized honey.

Yes I know. I stated that in my post.

No I was talking more about raw honey that looked like wax.

Maybe you could post a picture. I'm not sure I know what you're talking about but am interested.

I always buy my honey from my local farmer's market so I never paid attention to the differences.

i think he means like this

Attachments

• honey.jpg
    honey.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 929
christ! not sure why that picture was so huge

well it sure tastes better. i imagine the glycemic index is at least a little slower too because it hasn't been processed at all. i use it in a drink with warm water and fresh lemon juice for the liver stimulating/cleansing benefits. especially since i no longer have a gall bladder. plus it tastes great

I bought some from my local farmers market which has a stall from a local bee keeper.

This stuff is almost like cereal with thick honey comb crust. Delicious and the guy swears this stuff will grow back a limb

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws