over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rdl's

kastro

Verified Customer
Verified Customer
Anyone else use these instead of regular deads?Lately have been doing these rotated with smith rack deads.Goal is to work up to 4 plates for reps.Really like how they hit the prosterior chain.

maybe I'm just a pussy but they always feel like I'm going to rip my hamstrings off the bone so I never could bring myself to go as heavy as I can on deads.

I'm guessing RDLs are "racked dead lift"
I use them for back training , focusing on realy drawing the elbows back and squeeze the back rather than over extend the hips

I'm guessing RDLs are "racked dead lift"
I use them for back training , focusing on realy drawing the elbows back and squeeze the back rather than over extend the hips
Romanian deadlifts

maybe I'm just a pussy but they always feel like I'm going to rip my hamstrings off the bone so I never could bring myself to go as heavy as I can on deads.
Lol i know what you mean.I find them safer for me than floor deads(mind you im 49;))i only go up to where my back is flat.

I don't like them and dropped them a few years ago. No matter what I did I could never get them to hit the hamstrings the way some people rave they do. I think it's a structural thing. They're also very taxing, so it wasn't worth it to do them and not get the primary benefit from them. I also incorporate deadlifts and rack deadlifts as part of my exercise rotations for back, so again, the added stress isn't worth it.

I do love GHR's though.

I find RDL's work the ham's/hinge better then DL's. DL's bring the quads into play and some other muscles if done in a more traditional manner. As you squat down and start the pull from that position. I really don't see them as interchangeable.

I don't like them and dropped them a few years ago. No matter what I did I could never get them to hit the hamstrings the way some people rave they do. I think it's a structural thing. They're also very taxing, so it wasn't worth it to do them and not get the primary benefit from them. I also incorporate deadlifts and rack deadlifts as part of my exercise rotations for back, so again, the added stress isn't worth it.

I do love GHR's though.
I find that if you bend the knees too much it takes the stress off hams.

Like qwerty, I started in olympic lifting. I alternate between RDLs and Rack Pulls every other week. I don't like pulling from the floor anymore.

My favorite lift and I feel like I have mastered it for benefit and safety. I use a very narrow stance and grip. My knees bend at the bottom as needed with a quiet 'touch and go' cadence. When one of those ass-clowns who drops the bar from 6" with 315 or some shit comes in, I like to load up 405 or more and quietly knock out sets of 10 touch and go reps like nothing.

I do love GHR's though.
Ever try them with dumbells instead of a bar? I think this feels better. Also, my hands down virtue glute exercise is Nordic curls

My favorite lift and I feel like I have mastered it for benefit and safety. I use a very narrow stance and grip. My knees bend at the bottom as needed with a quiet 'touch and go' cadence. When one of those ass-clowns who drops the bar from 6" with 315 or some shit comes in, I like to load up 405 or more and quietly knock out sets of 10 touch and go reps like nothing.
That is very impressive poundages.

Me too. Feels like the bar path is better with dumbells for my structure

Ever try them with dumbells instead of a bar? I think this feels better. Also, my hands down virtue glute exercise is Nordic curls

I haven't. I'd be willing to try it though. You guys on the board are way stronger than I'll ever be; are you able to go heavy enough? Or is it different entirely? Like if you can do 5 plates with a bar, you'd need some really heavy dumbbells as an alternative. Unless the ROM and all that is different and it isn't a matter of dividing the weight in half like barbell curls and dumbbell curls.

When I used a bar I went for a slight bend in the knee and lowered to mid shin. When I see some people do the dumbbell version online they're going further and touching the dumbbells to the floor.

I haven't. I'd be willing to try it though. You guys on the board are way stronger than I'll ever be; are you able to go heavy enough? Or is it different entirely? Like if you can do 5 plates with a bar, you'd need some really heavy dumbbells as an alternative. Unless the ROM and all that is different and it isn't a matter of dividing the weight in half like barbell curls and dumbbell curls.

When I used a bar I went for a slight bend in the knee and lowered to mid shin. When I see some people do the dumbbell version online they're going further and touching the dumbbells to the floor.
That is as low as i go too.Any lower and the shift goes from my hamstrings to my lumbar.

I go down to the point when I get the best stretch. Hammies feel like the gonna explode in a good way. I’m not the strongest dude. I start with 80s and work up to 120s.

I always do them as the last exercise of my leg workout. I do slow 3 second negatives to make them harder and occasionally will use bands to add tension as well. And no, if done properly you won’t get anywhere near the floor. If you’re touching the floor with them you’re doing a sldl. With a slight knee bend and proper hip hinge I get down to about mid shin before I’m literally suspended off of my hamstrings

I always do them as the last exercise of my leg workout. I do slow 3 second negatives to make them harder and occasionally will use bands to add tension as well. And no, if done properly you won’t get anywhere near the floor. If you’re touching the floor with them you’re doing a sldl. With a slight knee bend and proper hip hinge I get down to about mid shin before I’m literally suspended off of my hamstrings
Yup

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner