over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Really Disheartening Fertility News From Doctor

We mentioned clomid last time. He didn’t seem super interested in it because on paper he couldn’t make sense of why it would work. Problem is they don’t really know jack shit about our bodies. We’re all just fucking monkeys.

I have seen clomid pump my balls up and thicken my loads/increase load size and intensify orgasms. Don’t need a study to support that.
Yeah clomid works. I had 0 sperm count and took clomid and eventually ended up with a normal sperm count. I also only have one testicle because of cancer when I was young. I should mention though I also stopped TRT which I had been on for a decade.

My sister in law wasnt able to have kids after trying in vitro several times. They gave up and adopted. About 1 year after the adoption she was pregnant! In that case it was the mother that had the fertility issue. Sometimes people just get lucky.

Try HMG. HMG and HCG are not the same at all.

HMG = LH+FSH = Your natural gonadotropins that makes your balls produce testosterone and sperm

HCG = A gonadotropin in the same family of hormones as LH/FSH however, it comes from pregnant women. It's more akin to LH but much less potent at doing what it does for men.

If your labwork shows bottom range FSH, maybe you could benefit from an increase in dose AND introducing LH in the form of HMG.

Worst case scenario, in vitro fertilization is an option, but some clinicians have been able to enhance HCG/HMG therapy by adding a SERM like clomiphene/nolvadex to the mix. I have seen some guys with nuked testes from decades of AAS abuse have kids with these stacks. There is hope.

Most important, and i'm sure you know this, make sure you are ejaculating into your partner only during the fertility window which is about 5 days before ovulation until ovulation day. That's around day 9-14 of her menstrual cycle, day 1 being when her period starts, give or take.

Thanks but keep in mind I said I'm taking HCG AND FSH already. This is equivalent to already taking HMG.

Regarding Clomid, I would have no problem taking it but my doctor, Mike Arnold here, and many others including GotGame have stated that Clomid will provide no benefit because we are already entirely suppressing the pituitary by taking exogenous HCG and FSH/HMG. So why would clomid help? Not trying to be rude, I've just not seen anything backing this up but would love another answer.

We have been more specific about having sex around ovulation, but right now the problem is I'm producing no sperm at all so the timing up to this point has been irrelevant unfortunately.

We mentioned clomid last time. He didn’t seem super interested in it because on paper he couldn’t make sense of why it would work. Problem is they don’t really know jack shit about our bodies. We’re all just fucking monkeys.

I have seen clomid pump my balls up and thicken my loads/increase load size and intensify orgasms. Don’t need a study to support that.

And that was on cycle? I mean hey I'm open to it. My doctor didn't want to prescribe it but maybe I can ask someone else. I have a urologist and a doctor who specializes in sports TRT and works with a ton of bodybuilders and both are suggesting just HCG or HCG+FSH.

It tricks your brain into thinking you need more LH/FSH, and some study i read showed that it can increase the efficacy of HCG/HMG (nolvadex in this case).

Here is one paper regarding nolvadex desensitizing pituitary to the hormone that increases LH secretion: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/640052/

I first learned about this from a user here @Swifto

Please post that study showing it can increase the efficacy of HCG/HMG specifically

It's not uncommon at all for people to be infertile and unresponsive to therapy, people who do not even use testosterone, ever. Infertility rates in men are double digits on average, and close to half of these people have physical blockages causing the issue.

While I wish you the best of luck and I think you should get a second opinion, there is a good chance your current doctor is correct and knows what he is talking about.

I would NOT go with any of the drug related suggestions here, I would get a second opinion from a good doctor.

So you think it could be a blockage or you're saying you think he might be right that testosterone / AAS shut me down permanently? I was just telling my wife that I have never heard of someone not getting their fertility back with today's medication. That some people struggle but I've never heard of someone not having one. Isn't the fact that my testicles are half of their previous size indication that I lost previous fertility? I can't believe I'm producing testosterone so well but no sperm.

My wife and I were trying for close to 4 years. I came completely off of everything for two years then tried clomid, then hcg monotherapy, then combo, every thing probably mentioned on this thread.. we were honestly about to give up.
Fertility docs said I was screwed.
What I’m about to say is not medical advice or even a suggestion. But I know that Ben Chow did something similar and had a kid, and I got my advice from the same person he did. Run test as high as I could tolerate it (as close to 2g as possible, I got to 1800mg a week) hcg @1500iu 3x a week and HMG 3x a week on alternate days at 75iu. We were pregnant within 6 weeks.
I don’t really post here ever, but I searched the crap out of this forum and anywhere else I could when we were at our wits end. So if this does help even one person going through what we went through then it’s a win.
Also that is the highest I have ever run gear. Lol. Biggest cycle ever and it had nothing to do with bodybuilding.

So to be clear you had tried HCG and HMG together without the high dose test and it didn't work? If so, how long did you try it previously?

And how long were you on gear?

Yeah clomid works. I had 0 sperm count and took clomid and eventually ended up with a normal sperm count. I also only have one testicle because of cancer when I was young. I should mention though I also stopped TRT which I had been on for a decade.

So you came off TRT and only went on clomid and got fertility restored from having zero sperm? How long did that take after coming off?

My sister in law wasnt able to have kids after trying in vitro several times. They gave up and adopted. About 1 year after the adoption she was pregnant! In that case it was the mother that had the fertility issue. Sometimes people just get lucky.

My wife started tearing up today when I brought up adoption. Not that she wouldn't adopt, but she really wants to be a mother, one of the most motherly/caring people I know. I guess when I brought it up it made her feel like I myself had started to lose hope of natural pregnancy (which I am starting to...).

If I even had 1-2 million sperm I'd be fine with going with IVF right away. I'm not made of money but it would be worth it. But to see ZERO, definitely disheartening.

No offense to septuagenarians everywhere, or old doctors in general, but the problem here is that your doctor is old, stuck in his ways, and an idiot for telling you that after only four months of trying.

Like we discussed before, a sperm cycle is approximately 2.5 months in the body, and it takes time to wake a dormant system up after 8 years of being on test. You are just now seeing the results of what you were doing in the end of April. It is going to take another 2.5 months to see the results of what you are doing right now. It's way, way too early to give up hope yet.

As I've said before, my own fertility journey took eleven months, and contrary to the advice of my fertility doctor, I never went off test. The first 7 months were just Test + HCG, then I added HMG and eventually FSH for the last 4 months, before my wife became pregnant with our baby daughter.

My baby daughter is 19 months old now, big and happy and healthy and smart, and way ahead, at least a year ahead, of the learning curve for her age. She knows her alphabet and numbers already, reads words from books or off my t-shirts, tells you when it's time for her diaper to be changed, and she talks my ears off about Sesame Street and Paw Patrol and Blues Clues. She runs around the house or the playground all day, eats real food, not baby food, and tells me she loves me every night when her mother takes her upstairs to go to bed.

Imagine if I had given up after only four months, or listened to my fertility doctor? He's a morbidly obese tub of guts who refused to prescribe me HMG or FSH because they are "funny drugs", wanted me to get off testosterone, and never thought my protocol would work. When I went back to him with the ultrasound pictures of my infant daughter in her mother's womb, he was flabbergasted and didn't know what to say except to mumble congratulations. The fat clown couldn't admit he was wrong. Fat ignorant fuckwad. And this is a guy who is a well-respected fertility doctor who is revered in the local medical community, who referred me to him.

Don't get me wrong, there are many good doctors out there. But there are also many ignorant, arrogant, overeducated assholes who haven't bothered to keep up with the scientific literature since they graduated from medical school. And very, very few doctors know ANYTHING AT ALL about people like us, our little community of steroid users/abusers.

Rant over, but my point is, your doctor clearly doesn't know shit about people like us. It may be that you have pre-existing fertility issues or that your system is resistant to recovery, but it's way too early to say that yet.

Stay the course with what you are doing, or add test back in if you want to do so. As GotGame and others have stated, if you are using HCG and HMG or FSH, you are bypassing the normal negative feedback to the pituitary, so being on test is not a problem. GotGame recovered his fertility while on TRT, and so did I and many other men.

As stated, HMG is just a mixture of FSH and LH. HCG is a long-acting analogue to LH in the body; it accomplishes the same task, but the half-life of LH in the body is very short (a few hours), so it's an advantage to use HCG so that the Leydig cells are always receiving stimulation to produce high intra-testicular levels of testosterone, important for producing optimal levels of sperm.

The other more important factor is the Sertoli cells, which are stimulated by FSH. You can use either HMG or FSH for this; as far as I can see there's no particular advantage to using one or the other. I wish there was a long-acting version of FSH, but to the best of my knowledge such a thing does not exist. The important thing is that your Sertoli cells are receiving frequent stimulation from FSH, regardless of the source, so frequent small injections are best. The only reason larger less-frequent injections are given in some protocols is for reasons of adherence; most normal people would never stick to a protocol requiring daily or twice-daily injections. But frequent small injections have been shown to work best.

HCG to stimulate the Leydig cells, and FSH or HMG to stimulate the Sertoli cells, and possibly test for libido or to further stimulate the Sertoli cells (adding test is debatable, but it didn't hurt me or GotGame or many others.)

This, time and consistency will give you your best chances of having a child. But it will take time for the results to show up.

Get your prescriptions from your doctor, but ignore his advice, or at least keep it in the proper perspective. Your doctor may be a perfectly fine doctor for normal people, but you and I are not normal people. We are a special population with unique characteristics, so listen to people in our community who have been there themselves and done that. Experience is always the best teacher.

Best wishes and prayers as always, and let me know if I can help out in any way. I've been there and done that, so I certainly don't know everything, but I must know something.

My baby daughter says hi. Someday I hope your own baby will be saying hi back to us.
I have to say. Sides is the man when it comes to this fertility stuff. He helped me out a ton 💪

I can relate and I mean REALLY relate. I tried for many years. Nothing brought my #'s up and the very few I did make swam in circles (horrible motility). Wife and were considering adoption and then an IVF clinic informed us of this relatively new procedure & technology at the time called ICSI. I have two very healthy daughters 16 & 11 today because of this technology. Might want to look into it. From my understanding most IVF clinics can do this now for situations like ours.
https://www.cnyfertility.com/icsi/

So to be clear you had tried HCG and HMG together without the high dose test and it didn't work? If so, how long did you try it previously?

Yes, I used both together before for close to 6 months.

How long was I on gear like in my life? Since I was 20 or so. I’m 37 now. But was off completely for 2 years while we were trying to conceive. So 15 years?
If you mean how long was I on the high test before we found out we were pregnant it was 4-6 weeks (depending on what day she actually got pregnant).

Try HMG. HMG and HCG are not the same at all.

HMG = LH+FSH = Your natural gonadotropins that makes your balls produce testosterone and sperm

HCG = A gonadotropin in the same family of hormones as LH/FSH however, it comes from pregnant women. It's more akin to LH but much less potent at doing what it does for men.

If your labwork shows bottom range FSH, maybe you could benefit from an increase in dose AND introducing LH in the form of HMG.

Worst case scenario, in vitro fertilization is an option, but some clinicians have been able to enhance HCG/HMG therapy by adding a SERM like clomiphene/nolvadex to the mix. I have seen some guys with nuked testes from decades of AAS abuse have kids with these stacks. There is hope.

Most important, and i'm sure you know this, make sure you are ejaculating into your partner only during the fertility window which is about 5 days before ovulation until ovulation day. That's around day 9-14 of her menstrual cycle, day 1 being when her period starts, give or take.
I believe Hcg and hmg and maybe some clomid would work for you needmassquick. I’ve been on gear for 10+ years and this combo worked great for me. It worked great to raise my sperm count enough to get my lady pregnant after trying for a while.She’s actually pregnant with our little girl as we speak. Don’t let that doctor ruin your hopes brother.

I can relate and I mean REALLY relate. I tried for many years. Nothing brought my #'s up and the very few I did make swam in circles (horrible motility). Wife and were considering adoption and then an IVF clinic informed us of this relatively new procedure & technology at the time called ICSI. I have two very healthy daughters 16 & 11 today because of this technology. Might want to look into it. From my understanding most IVF clinics can do this now for situations like ours.
I used ivf with icsi brother. Expensive but well worth it. Hcg and hmg raised my sperm count enough but my sperm morphology was horrible so that’s why we had to use icsi

No offense to septuagenarians everywhere, or old doctors in general, but the problem here is that your doctor is old, stuck in his ways, and an idiot for telling you that after only four months of trying.

Like we discussed before, a sperm cycle is approximately 2.5 months in the body, and it takes time to wake a dormant system up after 8 years of being on test. You are just now seeing the results of what you were doing in the end of April. It is going to take another 2.5 months to see the results of what you are doing right now. It's way, way too early to give up hope yet.

As I've said before, my own fertility journey took eleven months, and contrary to the advice of my fertility doctor, I never went off test. The first 7 months were just Test + HCG, then I added HMG and eventually FSH for the last 4 months, before my wife became pregnant with our baby daughter.

My baby daughter is 19 months old now, big and happy and healthy and smart, and way ahead, at least a year ahead, of the learning curve for her age. She knows her alphabet and numbers already, reads words from books or off my t-shirts, tells you when it's time for her diaper to be changed, and she talks my ears off about Sesame Street and Paw Patrol and Blues Clues. She runs around the house or the playground all day, eats real food, not baby food, and tells me she loves me every night when her mother takes her upstairs to go to bed.

Imagine if I had given up after only four months, or listened to my fertility doctor? He's a morbidly obese tub of guts who refused to prescribe me HMG or FSH because they are "funny drugs", wanted me to get off testosterone, and never thought my protocol would work. When I went back to him with the ultrasound pictures of my infant daughter in her mother's womb, he was flabbergasted and didn't know what to say except to mumble congratulations. The fat clown couldn't admit he was wrong. Fat ignorant fuckwad. And this is a guy who is a well-respected fertility doctor who is revered in the local medical community, who referred me to him.

Don't get me wrong, there are many good doctors out there. But there are also many ignorant, arrogant, overeducated assholes who haven't bothered to keep up with the scientific literature since they graduated from medical school. And very, very few doctors know ANYTHING AT ALL about people like us, our little community of steroid users/abusers.

Rant over, but my point is, your doctor clearly doesn't know shit about people like us. It may be that you have pre-existing fertility issues or that your system is resistant to recovery, but it's way too early to say that yet.

Stay the course with what you are doing, or add test back in if you want to do so. As GotGame and others have stated, if you are using HCG and HMG or FSH, you are bypassing the normal negative feedback to the pituitary, so being on test is not a problem. GotGame recovered his fertility while on TRT, and so did I and many other men.

As stated, HMG is just a mixture of FSH and LH. HCG is a long-acting analogue to LH in the body; it accomplishes the same task, but the half-life of LH in the body is very short (a few hours), so it's an advantage to use HCG so that the Leydig cells are always receiving stimulation to produce high intra-testicular levels of testosterone, important for producing optimal levels of sperm.

The other more important factor is the Sertoli cells, which are stimulated by FSH. You can use either HMG or FSH for this; as far as I can see there's no particular advantage to using one or the other. I wish there was a long-acting version of FSH, but to the best of my knowledge such a thing does not exist. The important thing is that your Sertoli cells are receiving frequent stimulation from FSH, regardless of the source, so frequent small injections are best. The only reason larger less-frequent injections are given in some protocols is for reasons of adherence; most normal people would never stick to a protocol requiring daily or twice-daily injections. But frequent small injections have been shown to work best.

HCG to stimulate the Leydig cells, and FSH or HMG to stimulate the Sertoli cells, and possibly test for libido or to further stimulate the Sertoli cells (adding test is debatable, but it didn't hurt me or GotGame or many others.)

This, time and consistency will give you your best chances of having a child. But it will take time for the results to show up.

Get your prescriptions from your doctor, but ignore his advice, or at least keep it in the proper perspective. Your doctor may be a perfectly fine doctor for normal people, but you and I are not normal people. We are a special population with unique characteristics, so listen to people in our community who have been there themselves and done that. Experience is always the best teacher.

Best wishes and prayers as always, and let me know if I can help out in any way. I've been there and done that, so I certainly don't know everything, but I must know something.

My baby daughter says hi. Someday I hope your own baby will be saying hi back to us.

Thanks as always for the input man. I can't believe a fertility doctor wouldn't prescribe you HCG and HMG?? That's nuts.

You mentioned lower frequent doses of FSH have been shown to be better, can you post any link supporting that?

It seems most people think I should just stay the course. The only things I'm considering changing are maybe more frequent FSH dosing as you mentioned if there's support for it, and perhaps I should up my HCG dose from 3x1000iu to 3x2000iu.

I am a little worried that if I bump up the HCG it will make my testosterone and estrogen go up too high. I have a history of heart issues and obviously want to make sure I don't exacerbate that.

I will look into it, thank you. So when you did this, did your semen analysis show zero sperm or were you at least showing some?

I have to say this thread is the first time I'm hearing people say they were not able to regain fertility after years. I really thought it was almost guaranteed with HCG+HMG/FSH.

Yes, I used both together before for close to 6 months.

How long was I on gear like in my life? Since I was 20 or so. I’m 37 now. But was off completely for 2 years while we were trying to conceive. So 15 years?
If you mean how long was I on the high test before we found out we were pregnant it was 4-6 weeks (depending on what day she actually got pregnant).

Man that's crazy.

Now, importantly, when you ran the high dose test, was that right after your 6 months of HCG+HMG without the test? I ask because perhaps the high test did nothing and perhaps it was the HCG+HMG finally kicking in after 7-8 months?

I believe Hcg and hmg and maybe some clomid would work for you needmassquick. I’ve been on gear for 10+ years and this combo worked great for me. It worked great to raise my sperm count enough to get my lady pregnant after trying for a while.She’s actually pregnant with our little girl as we speak. Don’t let that doctor ruin your hopes brother.

I'm not opposed to clomid, and I'm not trying to be dismissive of people suggesting it, I'm just confused as to how that could possible help when one is already taking gonadotropins (HCG+HMG/FSH) and smart guys like GotGame, Mike Arnold, and doctors say clomid won't benefit on top of taking those. But if it won't hurt then I could.

You mentioned the HCG and HMG worked to get your sperm count up. It went from what to what, and how long did that take?

Close to zero (azoospermia was my diagnosis) and like I mentioned, the few in there swam in circles.

Don't let this doctor discourage you. I have met plenty of people who walked into the doctors office and where told they were going to never walk again. I have a hard time believing Branch Warren and other pros can have babies and you would not be able to.

Stay your course and do not make any knee jerk reactions.

My best friend has a new baby and was told he had no chance to have one. Sometimes people do not follow the what it says in the book.

I went through the same thing. I destroyed my numbers by being stupid when young. Ivf gave us two sons. At the end of the day that’s all that really matters. Having healthy and happy little ones. This was almost 20 years ago. So things likely changed. If you are even a little bit uncomfortable with your endocrinologist find a new one. Some really know more than others. Find one who understands how supplementation can cause issues later on. I know of one great one in Philadelphia. Pm if you want his info.

NOTE: not a new member
My username was originally (king-kong) - somehow I’m locked out of my account and can’t reset password.

So you came off TRT and only went on clomid and got fertility restored from having zero sperm? How long did that take after coming off?

My wife started tearing up today when I brought up adoption. Not that she wouldn't adopt, but she really wants to be a mother, one of the most motherly/caring people I know. I guess when I brought it up it made her feel like I myself had started to lose hope of natural pregnancy (which I am starting to...).

If I even had 1-2 million sperm I'd be fine with going with IVF right away. I'm not made of money but it would be worth it. But to see ZERO, definitely disheartening.
IVF I think costs about $10k or more each try. My wife's brother in law tried 2x I think.

If the problem is 100% you, you could consider using donor sperm. I'm not sure if I could accept that personally, but at least the baby would still be 1/2 your wife's DNA like any baby she'd have.

So you think it could be a blockage or you're saying you think he might be right that testosterone / AAS shut me down permanently? I was just telling my wife that I have never heard of someone not getting their fertility back with today's medication. That some people struggle but I've never heard of someone not having one. Isn't the fact that my testicles are half of their previous size indication that I lost previous fertility? I can't believe I'm producing testosterone so well but no sperm.
You are assuming AAS shut you down? You have zero evidence of that, while it certainly may have contributed to your issue, you are in denial about the fact that 10-15% of men have fertilities issues, to begin with, and around 40% of those are physical blockage. You said that your relatives have no issues, but that makes zero difference, obviously, infertility isn't passed down genetically, think about it...

Chances are if it was just being shut down from AAS, then the standard protocols everyone has so much success with would be more effective, the fact that these methods aren't effective points to an increased likelihood of an underlying issue, and because those issues are common (10%+ is extremely common), I would highly suspect that possibility.

This is why I would suggest going with protocols that are used for traditional infertility rather than bodybuilder-focused ones.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be realistic, to increase your chances of success in the long run.

At what dose ?did you take it after cycle?

Bro that's the most beautiful thing in the world. What a blessing to come home to that right

You mentioned lower frequent doses of FSH have been shown to be better, can you post any link supporting that?

It's driving me crazy that I can't find that study back now. I know that when I was doing research for my fertility protocol, I saw a study on HMG showing better response in men to twice-daily versus once-daily versus less-frequent injections of HMG, due to the short half-lives of FSH and LH, as frequent injections more closely simulates the normal pulsatile release of the hormones. However, I can't find that study back now, no matter what search terms I have tried. I have it printed out somewhere downstairs with all the research from my fertility protocol. I will see if I can find it back.

In fairness, I will mention that I have seen a study on FSH in women showing better response to a once-daily injection rather than twice-daily injections, but that's obviously not quite the same thing as in men.

And to correct something else I said earlier, that I was not aware of any long-acting analog of FSH, there is actually such a thing, corifollitropin alfa, and it has been used along with HCG (a long-acting LH analog) in fertility studies in men and women. To me, all other things being equal, that would be the optimal fertility protocol for patient adherence, as it would eliminate the need for frequent injections.

Bro that's the most beautiful thing in the world. What a blessing to come home to that right

She truly is the most beautiful thing in the world, my friend. Every time she is sitting there on the couch with me, eating little bites of my chicken and rice and broccoli, and telling me all about Elmo and Blue and Winnie the Pooh, or running to me with her shoes in her hand, saying "Park! Friends!" because she wants me to take her to the playground, I know I am truly blessed.

She saved my life because she makes everything else in my life worthwhile. That's what children can do for you. I'm just grateful for the blessing.

She truly is the most beautiful thing in the world, my friend. Every time she is sitting there on the couch with me, eating little bites of my chicken and rice and broccoli, and telling me all about Elmo and Blue and Winnie the Pooh, or running to me with her shoes in her hand, saying "Park! Friends!" because she wants me to take her to the playground, I know I am truly blessed.

She saved my life because she makes everything else in my life worthwhile. That's what children can do for you. I'm just grateful for the blessing.
The best part I think is watching them grow up. My oldest girl is in college now and my younger girl will be a senior in high school. It has been fun raising them and I have a lot more to look forward to. You have a lot of cool times ahead of you with her.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear