over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reasons for AAS over Designer Steroids

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 106824

Everyone says that if you can get your hands on AAS you should take it rather than designer steroids like superdrol. Often I read that the results are better while the side effects are less severe and given that pretty much every advanced guy says this I presume it must be true.

Having said that, can you guys explain to me specifically why? The only thing that seems clear is that something like superdrol (or any oral) would be worse for your liver. So far I have done one 3.5 week cycle of a designer steroid and the only side effects I got were
-moderately raised liver enzymes (temporary)
-slight acne for a few days
-high estrogen levels (which I could take an AI for)

I want to do another cycle in May and am deciding between taking what I took before for 4 weeks, or doing an 8 week cycle of Test E at 5-600mg/week (possibly with what I took before as a kick start). I would imagine the muscle gains in that 8 week period would be considerably better than another DS cycle but at the same time it seems to me that the potential for more serious acne, bloat/moon face (something I'm pretty self conscious about), gyno, BPH, HPTA shutdown, and hairloss (somewhat runs in the family) would all be significantly higher with the Test E. Am I wrong? Because I didn't experience any of that with the DS.

Also, with the DS I know what I'm getting. Unfortunately with buying AAS I won't necessarily know what I'm getting and even if it's legit I don't know what else is in there. Also, I guess it makes me a bitch lol, but it would also involve potential injection issues like infection and whatnot.

Anyway, just trying to understand this better, thanks a lot.

depending on what dosage you used but 20-30 mg a day of superdrol will eat 600mg pharm grade test for dinner. Not even close superdrol is much more unhealthy though also

FWIW, many DS are failed AAS.... They were tested by the medical community years ago and had poor safety profiles, thus never making it to market. As many of these compounds are not yet specifically "banned", they are marketed as "legal" (many already are classified as controlled substances, many more likely will be).

It seems DS often times meet a need for "instant gratification".... Gains come on really quick with something like superdrol. When the body "grows" 12-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks, although satisfying short term, you have gains you will likely lose much of, as glycogen & water will make up a significant portion (if not a majority) of the gains. AAS when used properly allow for longer cycles, thus more sustainable muscle growth.

You may also experience serious sides (blood pressure, back pumps, terrible lipid profile, lethargy, etc...).

As for infection, if you always use sterile injection protocols your risk is minimal.

For some I guess the allure of "instant mass" is highly appealing. I and many others don't believe the risks are worth the "rewards". Good luck!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

depending on what dosage you used but 20-30 mg a day of superdrol will eat 600mg pharm grade test for dinner. Not even close superdrol is much more unhealthy though also

This is true over a 4 week period. That said, 1-you will feel much better on T compared to SD, and 2-you don't need to stop T after 4 weeks. 16 weeks of T will provide greater, more sustainable gains than 4 weeks of SD IMHO. ;)

There is NO DIFFERENCE*

Superdrol is a very potent oral steroid, kind of like ANADROL without any water-retention.

Halodrol is basically Turinabol(4-Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone)

Epistane is a DHT derivative, more anabolic than Anavar and more androgenic than Winstrol.

Phera-Plex is extremely anabolic and androgenic, yeilding great gains in mass(much like DBOL).

Dymethazine, Promagnon, Trenazone, Ultradrol, etc, are all also potent oral anabolics, no different than the classical compounds that are available.

really? This is the first time I have heard that. I ran a DS stack that consisted of 22.5mg Superdrol, 22.5mg DMZ, 45mg halodrol and 60mg Max LMG for 3.5 weeks. I gained 16 pounds and could have gained significantly more if I wanted to but I felt like I was gaining a decent amount of fat so my last week or so was maintaining weight pretty much. The thing is though, I think after water weight and fat gain is taken into account it would be a net of about 6lb of lean body mass. Which I understand is very significant for a 3.5 week period but at the same time don't most people who do an 8 week cycle of test put on like 15lb or so of LBM (which is what I'm trying to compare, I know people who put on 30+lb on a cycle but if they were to cut down to the same leanness and dryness it wouldn't be close to that).

As for superdrol being more unhealthy, I presume it is based on what people have told me but those sides I mentioned (more serious acne, bloat/moon face, gyno, BPH, HPTA shutdown, and hairloss), wouldn't they be more prominent with an 8 week test cycle? As I mentioned I really didn't experience any with the 3.5 week DS cycle I ran.

FWIW, many DS are failed AAS.... They were tested by the medical community years ago and had poor safety profiles, thus never making it to market. As many of these compounds are not yet specifically "banned", they are marketed as "legal" (many already are classified as controlled substances, many more likely will be).

It seems DS often times meet a need for "instant gratification".... Gains come on really quick with something like superdrol. When the body "grows" 12-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks, although satisfying short term, you have gains you will likely lose much of, as glycogen & water will make up a significant portion (if not a majority) of the gains. AAS when used properly allow for longer cycles, thus more sustainable muscle growth.

You may also experience serious sides (blood pressure, back pumps, terrible lipid profile, lethargy, etc...).

As for infection, if you always use sterile injection protocols your risk is minimal.

For some I guess the allure of "instant mass" is highly appealing. I and many others don't believe the risks are worth the "rewards". Good luck!

Well I don't really care about instant gains, whichever gives the most sustained gains at the end of the cycle after PCT would be what I would want. When you say "you may also experience serious sides", is that in reference to Test or Superdrol, or both? My blood pressure was fine with what I took, good lipid profile, no back pumps...I was a bit tired because my sleep became pretty shitty but nothing terrible.

This is true over a 4 week period. That said, 1-you will feel much better on T compared to SD, and 2-you don't need to stop T after 4 weeks. 16 weeks of T will provide greater, more sustainable gains than 4 weeks of SD IMHO. ;)

How about 8 weeks? Honestly if the gains were even close (say 8lb on test vs. 6lb on superdrol) I'd probably have to go with the superdrol out of convenience, legality, knowing what I'm getting, etc.

There is NO DIFFERENCE*

Superdrol is a very potent oral steroid, kind of like ANADROL without any water-retention.

Halodrol is basically Turinabol(4-Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone)

Epistane is a DHT derivative, more anabolic than Anavar and more androgenic than Winstrol.

Phera-Plex is extremely anabolic and androgenic, yeilding great gains in mass(much like DBOL).

Dymethazine, Promagnon, Trenazone, Ultradrol, etc, are all also potent oral anabolics, no different than the classical compounds that are available.

Hm, well I do realize that these are real steroids but it always seemed like everyone said they were less effective than traditional AAS like Test. Having said that maybe they meant PH's and then DS's got lumped into that category or something?

really? This is the first time I have heard that. I ran a DS stack that consisted of 22.5mg Superdrol, 22.5mg DMZ, 45mg halodrol and 60mg Max LMG for 3.5 weeks. I gained 16 pounds and could have gained significantly more if I wanted to but I felt like I was gaining a decent amount of fat so my last week or so was maintaining weight pretty much. The thing is though, I think after water weight and fat gain is taken into account it would be a net of about 6lb of lean body mass. Which I understand is very significant for a 3.5 week period but at the same time don't most people who do an 8 week cycle of test put on like 15lb or so of LBM (which is what I'm trying to compare, I know people who put on 30+lb on a cycle but if they were to cut down to the same leanness and dryness it wouldn't be close to that).

As for superdrol being more unhealthy, I presume it is based on what people have told me but those sides I mentioned (more serious acne, bloat/moon face, gyno, BPH, HPTA shutdown, and hairloss), wouldn't they be more prominent with an 8 week test cycle? As I mentioned I really didn't experience any with the 3.5 week DS cycle I ran.

Well I don't really care about instant gains, whichever gives the most sustained gains at the end of the cycle after PCT would be what I would want. When you say "you may also experience serious sides", is that in reference to Test or Superdrol, or both? My blood pressure was fine with what I took, good lipid profile, no back pumps...I was a bit tired because my sleep became pretty shitty but nothing terrible.

How about 8 weeks? Honestly if the gains were even close (say 8lb on test vs. 6lb on superdrol) I'd probably have to go with the superdrol out of convenience, legality, knowing what I'm getting, etc.

Hm, well I do realize that these are real steroids but it always seemed like everyone said they were less effective than traditional AAS like Test. Having said that maybe they meant PH's and then DS's got lumped into that category or something?

CORRECT--the first GENERATION of hormonal OTC product were "PROHORMONES", such as Androstendione and Androstenediol(which converted in to testosterone).

The second generation of hormonal OTC products are ACTUAL 17-aa orally active anabolic steroids; Superdrol, Halodrol, Trenadrol, Epistane, Dymethazine, Ultradrol, etc.

Some of them might very well be potent steroids, but as was already noted in the thread, they were discarded by the medical community for several reasons. The main reason was the ratio of benefits vs side effects, and in some cases, there was no market for the compound.

Most steroids used today have a lot of user feedback and decades of continuous use. Designer steroids never really went through clinical trials in any way.

Designer steroids are essentially research compounds. I would rather pick known steroids with some literature and experience on the compounds rather than unknown steroids.

SD is very liver toxic. Testosterone is not.

Definitely should take liver support supplements if you're going to use SD (or any orals for that matter). Many people take SD without any obvious negative consequences. I'm sure a few feel like shit too.

Do what you want...

I prefer T over SD, but YMMV.

Some of them might very well be potent steroids, but as was already noted in the thread, they were discarded by the medical community for several reasons. The main reason was the ratio of benefits vs side effects, and in some cases, there was no market for the compound.

Most steroids used today have a lot of user feedback and decades of continuous use. Designer steroids never really went through clinical trials in any way.

Designer steroids are essentially research compounds. I would rather pick known steroids with some literature and experience on the compounds rather than unknown steroids.

Bingo!

Well said.... ;)

Equipoise, Trenbolone, and many other anabolic steroids have no apparent MEDICAL USE.

Additionally, many of the DESIGNER STEROIDS(such as Dymethazine, Epistane, and even Methasteron) have demonstrated medical application.

This issue has been discussed numerous times before and I think the answer is clearcut. Designers are great beacuse they are legal (for now), they work, and they are readily available. ALL oral steroids have live toxicicty issues so to compare Superdrol to inj test is a poor comparison. It all depends on your goals and your willingness to take certain risks. Most great physiques were built with a combination of oral and injectibles so the best case scenario would be test + superdrol or test + dbol or other oral.
If all and any compounds are at your disposal(legal) I wouldn't pick super as my FIRST choice, neither would it be dbol. It woud be test. Customize your use factoring you goals, benefit and risks (legalities and health), availability and convienience

feel much better is and understatement lol wont feel like you could drop dead may be better lol maybe wont have nose bleeds lol not to mention back pumps.
epsitane imo is by far the best logical legal steroid with most bang and least health effects. Its strength is very underrated

Last edited:

I do think its a good point that things like Test are way more studied than something like superdrol, but then again thats assuming pharm grade, whereas my only access would be UGLs.

This issue has been discussed numerous times before and I think the answer is clearcut. Designers are great beacuse they are legal (for now), they work, and they are readily available. ALL oral steroids have live toxicicty issues so to compare Superdrol to inj test is a poor comparison. It all depends on your goals and your willingness to take certain risks. Most great physiques were built with a combination of oral and injectibles so the best case scenario would be test + superdrol or test + dbol or other oral.
If all and any compounds are at your disposal(legal) I wouldn't pick super as my FIRST choice, neither would it be dbol. It woud be test. Customize your use factoring you goals, benefit and risks (legalities and health), availability and convienience

Yea I mean I guess a good cycle would be 8 weeks test + 3-4 weeks superdrol as a kickstart. The legality thing does concern me though, as does injecting myself with something that could be fake or have other shit in it. And I haven't seemed to get a clear answer on this but does anyone disagree that an 8 week Test cycle would probably have a higher chance of gyno, hairloss, bph, moonface, etc. than a 4 week superdrol cycle?

feel much better is and understatement lol wont feel like you could drop dead may be better lol maybe wont have nose bleeds lol not to mention back pumps.
epsitane imo is by far the best logical legal steroid with most bang and least health effects. Its strength is very underrated

I surprisingly didn't get any of that. No back pumps, no nose bleeds, very little acne for a few days. The main issues were moderately raised liver enzymes, more interrupted sleep (possibly from drinking 50% more water) leading to fatigue and high estrogen levels (which I would presume would happen with Test too and could be taken care of with an AI)

Last edited by a moderator:
Superdrol was by far the most potent AAS I have ever used. No single product has ever given me such solid gains. It also gave me the most side effects of anything I have ever used.
I would not put up with the sides again.

Superdrol was by far the most potent AAS I have ever used. No single product has ever given me such solid gains. It also gave me the most side effects of anything I have ever used.
I would not put up with the sides again.

Would you mind explaining your results and the sides you experienced?

Would you mind explaining your results and the sides you experienced?

20 solid pounds gained after only one month of use. I was no noob either, this was after cycling for a few years already.
Side effects were extreme lethargy, difficulty concentrating, SPLITTING headaches, zero appetite, and it destroyed my lipids. Strength and bodyweight went up linearly every week. I thought it was magic because I was barely eating compared to how I normally eat. I had to blend a lot of my food and drink it in order to get the needed nutrients in.
Something about this drug seemed to defy science. I am not a great responder to other AAS, but I just couldn't understand how I was putting on rock solid muscle weekly while eating what seemed like maintenance calories or even less on some days.
Just typing out my results right now makes me want to go out and get some more, lol. I won't though, just one day of those nasty headaches and not having enough energy to even get out of bed are not worth any gains these days.

I agree. Injectables are way better. But as far as DS go epistane is the only one that doesn't make me feel like I'm poisoning my body.

Lets say you have 200,000 dollars

you can buy a lamborghini

or buy a corvette and tune the shit out of it

sure it will be faster than lambo...but it's still not there you know !!!!

, just one day of those nasty headaches and not having enough energy to even get out of bed are not worth any gains these days.

Impressive gains!
I have a couple bottles of SD sitting around, waiting to get eaten;)

Thing I noticed on many drugs though, especially ones that make you grow so fast + kill your appetite: The under-eating and quick growth makes me feel like shit every time. I force fed myself on my last Tren run and it was much better. Same with last time I used Anadrol. It makes me grow like crazy, but kills my desire to eat. But if I FORCE myself to eat, I don't get nearly as lethargic
or shitty feeling.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner