over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Recent study says High levels Free Testosterone likely for prostate cancer

Stewie

Featured Member / Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I still have to question why the population (teenage boys) with the highest levels of testosterone don't have the highest incidences of prostate cancer? I'll stick with the higher levels of estrogen in testosterone depleted older men theory.

Guys, it's rather SIMPLE;

A higher FREE TESTOSTERONE level will also translate in to a greater metabolization(conversion*) in to both estrogen and DHT--the two REAL culprits of prostate cancer. :lightbulb:

In men who have a high concentration of 5a-reducatase in prostate tissue, a high FREE T level will also mean greater DHT level in those tissues.

Last edited:
I still have to question why the population (teenage boys) with the highest levels of testosterone don't have the highest incidences of prostate cancer? I'll stick with the higher levels of estrogen in testosterone depleted older men theory.

Older men have 'bad' chromatids. Hyperplasia eventually results in 'bad copies' of genetic material that turns malignant. Younger people don't have the 'copies of copies' issue that older men have.

This is, at the very least, a very watered down explanation of why younger males don't get it.

**broken link removed**

Give it a few years, I'm sure there will be a rebuttal.
Either that or it's being Italian for the higher incident for Prostate cancer :p

I would recommend reading some of the work from Abraham Morganteler(not sure on the spelling). He has done a ton of research on testosterone and prostate cancer and has some good data that suggests that low testosterone is associated with prostate cancer. He has also found that giving testosterone to those with low testosterone decreases the risk for prostate cancer. In addition he has taken a controversial step and shown that giving testosterone to those with prostate cancer and low testosterone is actually beneficial. One of the things he states is that the saturation point of the prostate is quite low and therefore excessively high testosterone levels will not do any harm to the prostate because it is already saturated. Once you read what he says, he makes a lot of sense and has good scientific data to back his research.

There is competitive inhibition between testosterone and estrogen, mostly likely due to co-binding factors at the AR, perhaps because of other factors. Basically your theory makes perfect sense.

My father had prostate cancer.. The doc at Barnes hosp told him dht is not the issue.. Itis the ratio of estrogen to test in older men.. Numerous studies back this up also that dht may note as harmful as elevated estrogen levels..

I see what you're saying but I don't believe that is a fair comparison. Teenage boys don't give off supra-physiological testosterone levels.

Also things work far differently between adolescents. Lets look at kids who suffer from short stature, they take about 18iu sub-q a day and for the most part they don't get any sides. On top of this the are normally 5 feet or less and weigh 100 pounds or less.

Give that dosage to your 200+ pound hardcore bodybuilder and he'll be on the floor crying.

My father had prostate cancer.. The doc at Barnes hosp told him dht is not the issue.. Itis the ratio of estrogen to test in older men.

This. Thats also why many older men develop gyno. Thank god for trt, its a life saver.

According to the original study, there was NO significant association between Testosterone free or total and PCa! Only %FT was correlated with Grade...

Greater Percent-free Testosterone Is Associated With... [Urology. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Greater Percent-free Testosterone Is Associated With High-grade Prostate Cancer in Men Undergoing Prostate Biopsy. Albisinni S, De Nunzio C, Tubaro A, Barry WT, Banez LL, Freedland SJ. Source Department of Urology, Sant'Andrea Hospital, Second School of Medicine, "La Sapienza" University, Rome, Italy. Abstract OBJECTIVE: To analyze the serum androgen concentrations in men who underwent an initial prostate biopsy, focusing on the percent-free testosterone (%FT) as a predictor of low- and high-grade prostate cancer (PCa). Most studies have suggested that the absolute serum testosterone and free testosterone levels are not related to PCa risk. However, to date, the concurrent effect of free and total testosterone levels has not been evaluated. In particular, the association of the %FT (free testosterone/total testosterone) with PCa risk has not been explored. METHODS: From 2006 to 2010, we collected data on 812 white Italian men with no history of PCa who underwent 12-core biopsy. The testosterone, free testosterone, and %FT (free testosterone/total testosterone) were examined as predictors of low-grade (Gleason score of ≤6) and high-grade (Gleason score ≥7) PCa using crude and adjusted multinomial logistic regression analysis. RESULTS: On multivariate analysis, testosterone (P ≥ .11) and free testosterone (P ≥ .45) were not significantly associated with low- or high-grade PCa. A greater %FT level significantly predicted high-grade PCa on both crude (P = .01) and multivariate (P = .02) analysis but not low-grade PCa (P ≥ .38). When examined in tertiles, men in the greatest %FT tertile had a significant twofold increased risk of high-grade PCa (odds ratio 2.04, 95% confidence interval 1.23-3.37, P = .005). CONCLUSION: In white Italian men, a greater %FT level was associated with an increased risk of high-grade PCa on initial prostate biopsy. These findings suggest that a high %FT level, rather than the absolute androgen levels, might be associated with high-grade PCa. Additional studies are needed to confirm our findings. Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

A higher FREE TESTOSTERONE level will also translate in to a greater metabolization(conversion*) in to both estrogen and DHT--the two REAL culprits of prostate cancer. :lightbulb:

In men who have a high concentration of 5a-reducatase in prostate tissue, a high FREE T level will also mean greater DHT level in those tissues.

Exactly. This isn't really breaking news.

Wouldent that make Primobolan and mastron far worse than test in terms of prostate cancer?
we know Mastron has a negitive effect on the prostate

What people don't understand there are 18 different types of Prostate Cancer,and I'm sure over the next decade this number may increase.

So to say " high serum free testosterone will convert into more Aromatase and DHT"
You have no clue at what your talking about.

This Is only one of the eighteen different subtypes of PAc

That's like saying there's only one type of leukemia

And for the most part it's the other way around, low serum testosterone to a high Estrogen and the fractionals of Estrogen including the subsets of the fractionals.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting fact I found in a study that I currently can't find...

Completely blocking both DHT and Estradiol leads to massive prostate enlargement.

Wouldent that make Primobolan and mastron far worse than test in terms of prostate cancer?
we know Mastron has a negitive effect on the prostate

really?? so would taking masteron for a long period of time ed
be more dangerous than takin another form of aas same time frame
and doseage??

I ask cuz i have been taking 100mg ed 5 days a week...for about
6 weeks....now im nervous, should i drop to eod??

I'm completely ignorant on this, but is prostate cancer a lifestyle disease?

Does anyone believe taking Test is good for them. Atleast anything above 100mg a week.

I have no doubt I'm hurting myself.

I'm completely ignorant on this, but is prostate cancer a lifestyle disease?

Does anyone believe taking Test is good for them. Atleast anything above 100mg a week.

I have no doubt I'm hurting myself.

I want to believe that a good upper level within physiological ranges of Testosterone would be Prostate Protective, from several studies I've read.

This isn't one stating upper range levels is PAc Protective, rather several outlined studies
Endogenous sex hormones and prostate ca - PubMed Mobile

From my understanding Prostate cancer in some incidence can be attributed to lifestyle

Prostate Cancer Risk Factors: Age, Race, Diet, and Other Risk Factors

Last edited:
I was 31 high estrogen/ low test. (lyme disease not gear related)And my prostate was swollen and had to push for a urine stream. 38 Went on trt and started cyling again... I love dht compounds. Primo, winni, mast. So I'm alway on at least a low dose of one.... Prostate is normal now. In my case estrogen is the culprit.

I was 31 high estrogen/ low test. (lyme disease not gear related)And my prostate was swollen and had to push for a urine stream. 38 Went on trt and started cyling again... I love dht compounds. Primo, winni, mast. So I'm alway on at least a low dose of one.... Prostate is normal now. In my case estrogen is the culprit.

Very interesting about lyme disease and Prostate, Good Physician to connect the two, any other short/long term conditions?

I've listened too Dr.Kellman on Doctor Radio on Sirius XM, Sounds like a good physician to have in treating Lyme disease
**broken link removed**

Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of Impaired Bladder Emptying

Lyme disease: Caused by the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi, Lyme disease is associated with a variety of neurologic sequelae. Urologic manifestations of Lyme disease can be primary or late manifestations of disease and affect both sexes and persons of all ages. Urinary urgency, nocturia, and urge incontinence are the most common urologic symptoms

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity