over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Recomping

Delt123

Kilo Club
Registered
Saw the recent ‘recomp’ thread and I’m often confused what people mean by it. I’ve seen coaches post clients results where they shave off 30lbs and calling it a ‘recomp’. That’s a straight cut in my book. I always understood recomping as staying roughly at the same bodyweight while stripping off fat.

I rarely see impressive recomps, but the successful ones, often by high level bodybuilders, are so impressive that everyone wants to try it (can’t blame them either). You guys think it’s worth the try for the average joe?

also, what would you do with your food/calorie intake if recomping is your goal.

Guys talk about it all the time but I rarely see it done as it honestly does require you to really be on the ball and consistent with everything. I'm nothing impressive at all, but I feel I've had a good bit of success 'recomping' with a carb cycling approach. There are tons of different ways to do it, Justin Harris and Shelby Starnes are two good ones on that front. Also, Rudest Person on the Internet himself Lyle McDonald wrote some great books (namely Ultimate Diet and Ultimate Diet 2.0) geared towards recomp goals, somewhat loosely modeled after Dan Duchaines BodyOpus

'Recomping' is one of the great myths of bodybuilding.

There are very few times when someone can truly recomp, by which I mean gain appreciable muscle while losing appreciable fat. The most likely times are:
  • When someone initially begins lifting weights and eating correctly
  • When someone starts using PEDs for the first time regardless of how long they've been training / eating correctly
  • When making a return from a long layoff (surgery and recovery, took time off bodybuilding, etc.).
Recomping is not worth it for the average joe - it's a slow road to minor muscle gains and minor fat loss, and nobody sets minor goals with those things.

If you want to gain muscle, start from a very lean state and eat / train your ass off. If you're really trying to make noticeable changes, you'll have to gain some fat to maximize your muscle gains.

If you want to get lean, just diet hard and do cardio. Be mentally tough and don't give in during those weak moments when you have no energy or are starving.

This shouldn't be a debate any more for serious bodybuilders. Fat loss is exponentially easier and takes much less time than gaining muscle. Spend part 6 months of the year putting on as much muscle as possible; spend 3 months maintaining that; spend 3 months cutting all the fat off to see the new muscle you added. Repeat year after year and you'll build the physique you've always dreamed of.

Guys talk about it all the time but I rarely see it done as it honestly does require you to really be on the ball and consistent with everything. I'm nothing impressive at all, but I feel I've had a good bit of success 'recomping' with a carb cycling approach. There are tons of different ways to do it, Justin Harris and Shelby Starnes are two good ones on that front. Also, Rudest Person on the Internet himself Lyle McDonald wrote some great books (namely Ultimate Diet and Ultimate Diet 2.0) geared towards recomp goals, somewhat loosely modeled after Dan Duchaines BodyOpus

Fucking Lyle...Very knowledgeable in this game and I like when he puts someone in their place that needs to be, but when he's unnecessarily acting like a fucking prick he needs to shut his goddamn mouth. Especially when he's being ignorant and in the wrong. He constantly posts links on his IG and people have politely pointed out that they don't hyperlink. He then proceeds to fly off the handle in frustration claiming people are lazy. Idiot.

There are very few times when someone can truly recomp, by which I mean gain appreciable muscle while losing appreciable fat. The most likely times are:
  • When someone starts using PEDs for the first time regardless of how long they've been training / eating correctly
  • When making a return from a long layoff (surgery and recovery, took time off bodybuilding, etc.).
Recomping is not worth it for the average joe - it's a slow road to minor muscle gains and minor fat loss, and nobody sets minor goals with those things.

If you want to gain muscle, start from a very lean state and eat / train your ass off. If you're really trying to make noticeable changes, you'll have to gain some fat to maximize your muscle gains.

If you want to get lean, just diet hard and do cardio. Be mentally tough and don't give in during those weak moments when you have no energy or are starving.

This shouldn't be a debate any more for serious bodybuilders. Fat loss is exponentially easier and takes much less time than gaining muscle. Spend part 6 months of the year putting on as much muscle as possible; spend 3 months maintaining that; spend 3 months cutting all the fat off to see the new muscle you added. Repeat year after year and you'll build the physique you've always dreamed of.

Another great post. My OCD loves how you always bullet point and space accordingly :cool:

^^^^^THANK YOU ^^^^ 👏👏👏

Fucking Lyle...Very knowledgeable in this game and I like when he puts someone in their place that needs to be, but when he's unnecessarily acting like a fucking prick he needs to shut his goddamn mouth. Especially when he's being ignorant and in the wrong. He constantly posts links on his IG and people have politely pointed out that they don't hyperlink. He then proceeds to fly off the handle in frustration claiming people are lazy. Idiot.

Another great post. My OCD loves how you always bullet point and space accordingly :cool:

Yea, I'm subscribed to him on YouTube and he'll come up with the most pedantic thing to extract out of someone's character, theory, what have you, and make VIDEO AFTER VIDEO beating the absolute dogshit out of a dead ass horse He loves beating up on Mike Israetel and Layne Norton, especially

Ever read his posts on his forum? He'll make different monikers to attack people lol I've never heard or seen him treat anyone with dignity on his forums

I think Daniel covered everything that needs to be said as usual.

And I agree with him entirely, you won't really accomplish anything while trying to recomp so I would steer clear.

Yea, I'm subscribed to him on YouTube and he'll come up with the most pedantic thing to extract out of someone's character, theory, what have you, and make VIDEO AFTER VIDEO beating the absolute dogshit out of a dead ass horse He loves beating up on Mike Israetel and Layne Norton, especially

Ever read his posts on his forum? He'll make different monikers to attack people lol I've never heard or seen him treat anyone with dignity on his forums
For the fact alone that he's apparently a dick, I wouldn't listen to him ever. Being a dick screams insecurity and a lack of knowledge imo.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws