over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Recovering Bilateral Quad Tendon Surgery

kandaandm

Registered
So it has been 4 months since I had both my quads and tendons surgically reattached. I'm finally back at the gym training like I used to (upper body/lower body very light). It feels so good to train hard in the gym again.
It's day 5 for me today back hitting it hard and working on gaining the 20lbs I lost.

Hey
I'm on week 7 now
Same thing happened to me
I'm walking again, very gingerly though.
Haven't trained since
So far down 15lb
When were you able to walk up and down stairs?

I ruptured both my patella tendons; 2 months later my PT re-ruptured my left patella.
I would say focus on range of motion over strength. Strength and size will come back but range is much harder to get

I ruptured both my patella tendons; 2 months later my PT re-ruptured my left patella.
I would say focus on range of motion over strength. Strength and size will come back but range is much harder to get
[/QUOTE

Shit that's horrendous

How did you do it to start with and how did you re rupture?

How long after did you feel you were ok?

Week 7 now

I've realised now that flexion is what I need to focus on

It just feels so swollen now and tight, not even the tendon just the whole knee area

I cant squat any more unless very light.
It took at least a year or so before I could train legs again without some type of unusual pain in thigh or knees.
Parts of my knees are still numb near scar...my range of motion is about 85 to 90 percent of what it was.
Take it slow....and you may notice your insertions change....I have a slight gap where one of my quads inserts a little higher than it had prior.
I just went to a new ortho a month ago for knee pain (runners knee 'wasnt running it's just the term'). The new ortho gave me some anti inflammatories and also complimented the surgeon for his good work.
My suggestion....take it slow, dont get discouraged and focus on range of motion.

In regards to up and down stairs....I was in the hospital in rehab for 3 weeks or so as I lived on the 3rd floor with no elevator. On top of my normal rehab I was practicing learning how to walk up and down stairs with 2 legs braces. I wasnt released until I could successfully do it...I could do it after 3 weeks or so, but I looked like Frankenstein going up and down holding onto the rail.

I was all into powerlifting; lean 225lbs. I was a week out from a meet and raced a guy in my gym and they exploded while I was sprinting. I hadn’t run in years. 2 months after surgery my jackass PT re-ruptured it by taking me to my max range with little warm up.
One thing that helped was hanging my legs over pillows. Just have somebody stuff pillows under your legs. Once the stretch goes away add a towel or pillow.

Thanks guys, much appreciated .

People don't realise just what a rough injury this is.

Psychologically I don't ever see me doing what I did before. I had squatted 200-250kg every week for years. Was 249 at 5'9 the day it happended. I should have taken notice of the tendonitis in my right knee.. But I never expected this to happen. The consultant blamed the 800mg test I was on.

I'm in week 7, I'm doing 2 hours rehab a day on my own, the physio says I should be at 90 degree of bend by now. I'm about 85 on left and 75 on right which still feels tight, not so much the tendon but the whole knee joint and surrounding tissues. Unless I warm them up though they can't get to 85 and feel like old man knees. I'm only 40!

I'm still sleeping on a hospital bed downstairs and working from home as can't get up and down the stairs either at home or at work.

7 weeks ago
240 x 10.. Tendons ripped

Today.. Bodyweight squat x 10 down to 40 degrees

7 weeks ago
240 x 10.. Tendons ripped

Today.. Bodyweight squat x 10 down to 40 degrees

Take it day by day. Dont compare it to what you did in the past. Focus on recovery...in a year from injury focus on growth, but you will need to change up how you trained.

Less weight, drop sets, super sets...focus on intensity more than the weight you used to do.

Evan Centapani is having a "come back" and it took him several years to do this. Take your time with the injury. Slow and steady wins the race.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear