over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RECOVERY AFTER ANTIBIOTICS

bigheinz

IFBB PRO/Kilo Klub Member
IFBB PROS
Registered
During and After antibiotics your digestion is bad and you cant absorb the nutrients as you used to.

What is the best way to recover without Yogurt, do you think Acidophilus caps is enought to recover you intestins?.

What else you should do?

Wow, I did not know this. I thought it was fine to take antibiotics while on cycle with no side effects. I had no clue they can interfere with digestion. I was gonna start them when I start my cycle to not get sick for 2weeks but not now. Bump for your ?. Maybe taking lots of acidophillus will help?

take primal defense ultra, its a full spectrum pro biotic, and it is the best i have found.. take like 4-5 a day and take them on an empty stomach and space it out through out the day... wrks very good

**broken link removed**

fourthgen said:
Wow, I did not know this. I thought it was fine to take antibiotics while on cycle with no side effects. I had no clue they can interfere with digestion. I was gonna start them when I start my cycle to not get sick for 2weeks but not now. Bump for your ?. Maybe taking lots of acidophillus will help?

Yeah most people don't know that on average there are over one trillion bacteria in their small and large intestine (that is about the same number of cells that compose the human body). Many of the enzymes needed for proper digestion are made by these beneficial bacteria.

Bump for KM2000 and Primal defense from garden of life. Best probiotic i have ever used period and I have pretty much tried them all.

Jan 2006 I went to the doc for a sinus infection they gave me augmentin, I went back 10 days later and told them i still had the infection. They then gave me levaquin which is some pretty damn strong shit=most of the IV antibiotics. That got rid of the sinus infection but quess what i still had constant sinus congestion and really bad near constant diarrhea. I go back to the doc and they tell me I have allergies. I say WTF i am 23 and have never had any allergies. Well I had them now. To make a long story short i found out for myself that the antibiotics fucked up my GI and killed a good number of my beneficial bacteria so I had indeed developed allergies to foods I had never been allergic to before. This is why it is so vital to take care of those 1 trillion bacteria, they take a little food from us but they give so much more than they take.

Yada yada long story tried virtually every probiotic with little success, then I finally broke down and bought the Primal Defense. 7 days later no allergies, no sinus congestion, and no diarhhea. It is a little pricey but I wasted 20 times the cost of one bottle on cheaper brands and had nothing to show for it. Pony up the dough for the primal D and if you aren't have GI issues or allergies you can get bye on 1 per day and just take more when you feel like you need it.

I was really sick about a month ago and had to go the route of antibiotics. The Z-pack worked but it nuked my whole system. Food was basically laying in my gut and my stomach was distended until my digestive enzymes returned to normal state. Funny thing is that doctors rarely tell you about this side effect of antibiotics.

fourthgen said:
So you guys are saying to take the pro-biotic with the antibiotics right?

if you have to take a anti biotic, take the pro biotic AFTER... I belive this is correct aesop knows more about this than i do... he turned me onto the primal defense...

How long to things return to normal after a course of antibiotics?

stumpy29 said:
Take a moderate dose during as far away from the anti's as possible. Then double up the week after cessation. This worked well for me last time I took antibiotics.

aesop said:
Take a moderate dose during as far away from the anti's as possible. Then double up the week after cessation. This worked well for me last time I took antibiotics.
Moderate dose of what?

stumpy29 said:

About 15 days, some times antibiotic kills the intestinal flora that much that you need to take another antibiotic to kill the bacteria and aloud your flora grow again. NICE ahhhh???

It happends to me, so ask your doctor about it to prevent mayor diarrea problems.

I think I jinxed myself! After posting in this thread yesterday I had to go to doc today and had ear infection along with headaches,congested head and sore throat back on antibiotics(augmentin) for 10 days!!! Sucks bad!!!

Oh yeah I forgot I really want to try probiotics and asked my doc about them and he didn't seem impressed with them for some reason?

stumpy29 said:
I think I jinxed myself! After posting in this thread yesterday I had to go to doc today and had ear infection along with headaches,congested head and sore throat back on antibiotics(augmentin) for 10 days!!! Sucks bad!!!
Dont feel bad bro im on keflex and bactrim for a slight staph infection I got in a cut I had on my leg that I let get out of hand because I didnt take all my antibiotics.So belive me guys always take the whole bottle prescribed to you.I know this time both bottles will be empty!!!

stumpy29 said:
Oh yeah I forgot I really want to try probiotics and asked my doc about them and he didn't seem impressed with them for some reason?
Thats strange my Dr wanted me to get them and said he really liked them.I always take a dose after each dose of antibiotics and it has seem to help with the stomach problems I usually get with antibiotcs.

I have a throught infection write now, 4 days without sleeping bc the cough, fever and chest pain. It is getting better today with teh antibiotics but i started with teh probiotics at the same time, and thats what i think i skip the diarrhea, and i will keep taking it 15 days after fisninsh with teh antibiotics.

I took cipro an antibiotic i was prescribed for bronchitis. I was on it for 10 days had diahrea the first few days then just prety soft bowel movements. I've been off it for about four days and my bowel movements have returned to normal. Therefore i assume you can bounce back prety quickly without the pro-biotics.

cb11mass said:
I took cipro an antibiotic i was prescribed for bronchitis. I was on it for 10 days had diahrea the first few days then just prety soft bowel movements. I've been off it for about four days and my bowel movements have returned to normal. Therefore i assume you can bounce back prety quickly without the pro-biotics.

Im sure its diff for everyone. I will occaisonall take a Z pack or amoxicillian and i'll get diahrea for a day or two and really bad gas(aweful) but I have no problem eating, same appetite, and shit returns to normal after a few days. Thats with no pro-biotics. This time around i'll be using acidophillus, bromelain and ginger root with all my meals, so even while on anti-biotics, I doubt digestion will be a big problem. I hope not.

Is your body still able to utilize protein and other nutrients while on antibiotics?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131