over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Recovery from Appendix Surgery

freakybrucebanner

Newbies
Hey all, it's been over a month since I last was on here. Had to get my appendix out and the surgeon stated I would need to take 4-6 weeks off lifting. And nothing heavy on the core when I start back.

My question is: for those of you that have gone through this, how long did you "take it easy" and is there anything I should focus on to to ensure not injuring myself, causing a hernia, etc? Did you notice sharp pains at the surgical sites during activity? It was done laproscopically btw.

It sucks.....lost 18 lbs, as the hospital admitted me and did not do surgery for two days and could not eat for another 2 1/2 days. I am giving my body a break from gear, except HGH.

Any help is appreciated!

I took about 2 months off after my laproscopic gallbladder surgery, eased in for about 3 weeks before returning to normal. Shit hurt for a year after the surgery, but was manageable.

Thanks man. It feels like my skin is trying to rip away from my surgical sites and sharp pains liked a pulling muscle when I stretch it too far. My thought is that I am breaking through the scar tissue. Definitely not comfortable

Mine ruptured and I internal damage...I went from 214/216 down to 180 in 4-5days...took off 10-14days, took it easy for weeks 2-6 back in...then went back to it...gained all the weight back...couldn't eat right for a while though

I had mine removed a few years ago, and listen to your doc bro take the time off. Im hard headed i was out mowing and weed wacking two days after my surgery and only took off 2 or 3 weeks and now i have a constant stabbing pain in my abdominal area and still have it to this day and the doc still cant figure out what it is yet. So bro take tge time off as necessary. Trust me you will put your weight back on in no time bro. My doc tried putting me on a vicoden script but i refused that, only because i have a family member get addicted to it and it screwed up his life. But what im saying bro is do what the doc says and what you think your body can handle do not rush back into it man. Your gonna put the weight back on either way. Good luck and let us know how things turn out bro.

Discretion is the better part of valor I think in this situation.

Hey all, it's been over a month since I last was on here. Had to get my appendix out and the surgeon stated I would need to take 4-6 weeks off lifting. And nothing heavy on the core when I start back.

My question is: for those of you that have gone through this, how long did you "take it easy" and is there anything I should focus on to to ensure not injuring myself, causing a hernia, etc? Did you notice sharp pains at the surgical sites during activity? It was done laproscopically btw.

It sucks.....lost 18 lbs, as the hospital admitted me and did not do surgery for two days and could not eat for another 2 1/2 days. I am giving my body a break from gear, except HGH.

Any help is appreciated!
I had it happen this year I work with Shelby and did not loose anything really at all and felt better when I got back into it. My Surgeon said I could start lifting light at 6 weeks and was fully released at 8 weeks. By light example of workout I would do light as can be only 30 seconds rest between sets around 20 reps. Burned like all hell but def helped me get back into it. No strenuous exercises obviously.No Deadlifts no squats ect. And btw ya could take your gear down to a small hrt or cruise dose for time being.

APPRECIATE ALL THE FEEDBACK! I took about 18 days off from all movement. Surgeon gave me ok to lift light at 3 weeks out, but not until 6-8 weeks for full go. I feel sharp pains at the surgical sites when doing light movements...and it feels like a knife at times. Surgeon said it would start to bother me around 4 weeks into healing me. its about that time now. so, hoping its the scar tissue breaking up.

I will take this rest time to rest from my gear and hope that me receptors come back strong with the rest of me.

Thanks guys! I will update you in about 6 weeks after I'm back full go to see how my weight comes along.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws