supposed to be 8-9 weeks. so around 60 days

worked up to 245 today...
185x3
205x3
225x3
235x3
245x1
185x5

felt pain at the tear site with 245 so i did one rep, stopped and dropped the weight for the final set of 185. ill take it!!

the nuber are increasing exponentially each week. just 3 weeks ago i was squatting 65lbs, following week was 155 then 205 (squat clean) and now 245. on the road back to 400+!!!

worked up to 255 5x4 last week. not sure where my 1rm is yet and im not even going to try to see but i feel good. id say im at 60%. not bad for 13-14 weeks into recovery! my doc is amazed at my pace as are most of my buddies.

rips ftw!!

This is amazing given the severity of your injury. I've been very annoyed with my TFCC injury, but I can't even imagine tearing my quad like that. Congrats on the progress thus far.

thanks man. its really going well. i consider myself to be around 60%. my ortho is very happy too. ive started running again too.
2 weekw ago i ran an 800 and 2 400's to total 1 mile. last week i ran 4- 400's and this week 1 mile unbroken.
i am having some knee problems though. doc says the partial tear of the ligament has changed the plain the patella runs on. i get a sharp pain in the knee cap when doing lunges or stepping down stairs. he said if it doesnt go away another mri is in order to see whats going on. im trying to work through it the best i can to see if it gets better.

ill blame the speedy recovery on the rips. :)

quick update...
ive been training hard at crossfit again. leg is feeling good. 2 weeks ago i decided i was ready to start trying 1 rep max again. today was my first heavy squat day since the injury.

135x13
225x10
275x6
315x4
345x4
365x1
385x1
all ass to ankles no spot. feelsgoodman

Glad to hear you are nearly 100%! What gear are you taking as a Crossfitter? What's your hgh dosing like?

Cheers!

Bicep tear

Sorry about ur injury i know how it is i tore my bicep completely off swinging a bat in a softball tournament and it has been 6 months now the injured arm still isnt up to par with my right arm i hope one day ill get ut back but doesnt look promising

that sucks dude. it takes time. best of luck to you and your healing process.

quick update...
ive been training hard at crossfit again. leg is feeling good. 2 weeks ago i decided i was ready to start trying 1 rep max again. today was my first heavy squat day since the injury.

135x13
225x10
275x6
315x4
345x4
365x1
385x1
all ass to ankles no spot. feelsgoodman

That seems like a lot of volume for strength. I do the same thing but am always told its holding me back.

so its been just over 1 year. i hit this 415x1 yesterday. (same weight i blew my leg up on) then did 425 for confirmation ;) (no vid)

so its been just over 1 year. i hit this 415x1 yesterday. (same weight i blew my leg up on) then did 425 for confirmation ;) (no vid)

that's great man! Good job. I had a chest tear and it took about the same amount of time to recover. I couldn't imagine tearing my quads. Anyways I wish you the best and good job again.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member