over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

recreational handguns

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
does anyone own a handgun for recreational shooting or for personal protection? i am looking around right now and wanted to know what some of you like. it would be something i carry around in certain places, so it would need to either be a compact or easily concealable one. im thinking about a few of the S&W, walther p99, and some of the subcompact glocks...just want to hear anyones opinion on their personal handguns...

self defense

Glock 30 or 36. Both 45cal. the G30 holds 10+1 and is a little thicker but not a lot, than the 36. The G36 is a single stack magazine and thinner. Its a little easier to hide and fits smaller hands well.

The advantage to a glock is no safety. If you're in a panic situation, and have to draw your gun, get on target, will you remember to take the safety off before you pull the trigger??? in that situation, the difference between life and death is milliseconds. I train regularly and I prefer to not worry about a safety.

I do like the 1911 models. I've got a Springfield Ultra Compact on order, been paid for and ordered since Dec but they're hard to get. There's a lot of good companies. The 1911 is comfy in the hand, has a great trigger, and is easily concealable, like the G36. Only draw back is you have to carry "locked and cocked" and worry about the safety.

The Glock subcompacts are nice. I think new Springfield XD sucompacts are a little more comfy in the hand. you can grab it higher. try them out.

Check out the thread called "other hobbies besides bodybuilding" are some of us posted in there about what guns we use.

since i'm waiting for my 45 to come in, i have a G19. Compact 9mm.

its a good all around gun. Small enough to carry, yet high capacity. Cheap to shoot, so you can get enough practice, and its still gonna pack a punch when you use the right bullets.

My peronal carry rounds are Winchester SXT 147g hollowpoints.

SXTs are the Same eXact Thing as the old Black Tallons, just a little different look. Stupid media :rolleyes:

I would prefer a 45 but they didnt have one at the time.

flexmaster said:
does anyone own a handgun for recreational shooting or for personal protection? i am looking around right now and wanted to know what some of you like. it would be something i carry around in certain places, so it would need to either be a compact or easily concealable one. im thinking about a few of the S&W, walther p99, and some of the subcompact glocks...just want to hear anyones opinion on their personal handguns...
I knew a guy who had a wallet handgun. It's concealed inside of a wallet. You pull the wallet out and there is a hole for the trigger. Pretty cool.

Personally I just have a .45 Springfield. The recoil is different than shooting anything smaller. I think I should have went for a .40 instead. And the bullets would have been cheaper too.

I had a J&R Eng. M68, like a mac 11. Fun as hell to shoot. Just for shooting fun i'm getting a tec9 or mac10. Fun as f#ck to unload.:D

i had a 40cal full size HK USP. I thought it kicked more than an all stainless steel 4'' 1911. I prefer a heavier gun to help handle some of the recoil. The jolt wasnt as bad as the 45 but the muzzle flip was worse.

with my G19, its really light, but w/ some practice i was getting shots off really fast and really accurate. just gotta learn how to hold it, and learn where your natural point of aim is, and getting it back down there quickly after the shot/muzzle flip.

i think it has to do with the hand positioning. i also like the trigger pull better on the 1911.

i'm still having the internal debate: Glock30 vs. Springfield Ultra Compact.

cant afford both, dont need both. :confused:

Larry Bowie said:
I think new Springfield XD sucompacts are a little more comfy in the hand. you can grab it higher. try them out.

FREAKIN GREAT GUN. I HAVE MY CONCEAL TO CARRY, AND HAVE AN XD40.. love it to death. great gun, and it has some very good and very practical safeties. try one out.. very affordable, and good quality. i carry my 40cal on a regular basis. 3-4 times a week..

Tell me this

What is the biggest baddest handgun in the world right now? I know the Desert Eagle is no longer in the top spot, so who is? Im talking about the SATAN of all handguns, the nastiest sonofabitch in existence.

BN:

look up S&W 460 and 500 Magnums.

good enough to take out bears!! :D

a guy was busting out the 500mag at the range, it was putting golf ball sized holes in the paper.

sounded more like artillery than small arms fire :eek: :cool:

HANDGUNS

I HAVE A LOT OF TRAINING IN CCW TRAINING. HANDS DOWN THE SPRINGFIELD XD 40 CAL IS THE BEST CONCEAL CARRY WEAPON OUT THERE.

I HATE THE 9MM THEY ARE FOR GANGBANGERS AND THATS IT. THESES PIECES OF JUNK BOUNCE OFF WINDSHIELDS. YOUR BETTER OFF BEATING THE PERP TO DEATH WITH THE BUT OF THE GUN, THAN SHOOTING HE/SHE.

NO OFFENCE BUT THEY REALLY DO SUCK.

1911 ARE TO HEAVY EVEN THE COMPACT MODELS.

GLOCKS HAVE AN ANGLE ON THE GRIP THAT IS JUST TO LARGE TO COMINSATE FOR. YOU WILL OVER SHOOT EVERYTIME. THEN WHEN YOU SHOOT A REAL GUN YOU WILL SHOOT REALLY LOW.

ITS YOUR LIFE. WHATS IT WORTH TO YOU?

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

thats what i carry! 38 that will fit in the coin pocket of some of my blue jeans! I LOVE IT!!! SO LIGHT!

and if a 38 wont take em down or make em run youre fcked anyway.......:D

HAZMAT said:
I HAVE A LOT OF TRAINING IN CCW TRAINING. HANDS DOWN THE SPRINGFIELD XD 40 CAL IS THE BEST CONCEAL CARRY WEAPON OUT THERE.

I HATE THE 9MM THEY ARE FOR GANGBANGERS AND THATS IT. THESES PIECES OF JUNK BOUNCE OFF WINDSHIELDS. YOUR BETTER OFF BEATING THE PERP TO DEATH WITH THE BUT OF THE GUN, THAN SHOOTING HE/SHE.

NO OFFENCE BUT THEY REALLY DO SUCK.

1911 ARE TO HEAVY EVEN THE COMPACT MODELS.

GLOCKS HAVE AN ANGLE ON THE GRIP THAT IS JUST TO LARGE TO COMINSATE FOR. YOU WILL OVER SHOOT EVERYTIME. THEN WHEN YOU SHOOT A REAL GUN YOU WILL SHOOT REALLY LOW.

ITS YOUR LIFE. WHATS IT WORTH TO YOU?
Screw that! I have a Glock 23. It's a 40S&W and it's mighty accurate, even up to 25yds and highly concealable even though it's a mid-size. It fires smooth, low recoil, and a very high MV. I'm more confident in it then any of my other guns... My Springfield 1911a is also nice and accurate but way to heavy to carry IMO. The only other handgun I'd consider would be the comparable H&K USP compact .40.

S&W 1911 Mdl 108303 for open carry.
Kel-Tec P3AT for pocket carry.
Kel-Tec PLR-16 for fun.
Ruger MKIII Hunter mdl for my son.
And 45acp is cheap if you reload. Never been a fan of 40s&w.
www.thehighroad.org is one of the best gun sites on the net.

.357 MAGNUM....20 FT. FROM ME RIGHT NOW.

.40 WALTHER IN THE TRUCK...SEMI-AUTO

WALTHER .22 SEMI-AUTO...

9MM SMITH AND WESSON..15 round clip.

I really enjoy shooting.:)

Luckily my girl can shoot as well.

I HAVE A 45 SPRINGFIELD XD ACP AND I LOVE IT IT COME WITH 2 CLIPS A HOLSTER, MAGAZINE HOLDER AND A LOADING TOOL. THEY COST ABOUT 459.00

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear